killers should have home field advantage....

Options
2»

Comments

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624
    Options

@Runiver said:
    I'd simply prefer maps to be balanced overall, rather than making a few maps to be overly painful.

yeah. in theory that would be cool as ****.... but how long has that been a request? yet nothing gets done.... so i figured i'd change it up and ask something else. i figure they'd either take the present request into consideration OR do whats been asked since the beginning.... :D

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

@deadwolfwalking said:

@Runiver said:
    I'd simply prefer maps to be balanced overall, rather than making a few maps to be overly painful.

yeah. in theory that would be cool as ****.... but how long has that been a request? yet nothing gets done.... so i figured i'd change it up and ask something else. i figure they'd either take the present request into consideration OR do whats been asked since the beginning.... :D

They actually changed quite a few maps in the last patch.
    Shelter woods got greatly changed for example, amongst other maps.

Overall the game is still survivor sided tho, for sure.

• deadwolfwalking
    Options

@Runiver said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

@Runiver said:

i wouldn't know. i'm on a console....

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

@deadwolfwalking said:

@Runiver said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

@Runiver said:

They did add a lot of tall rocks in several maps, added vision breaking objects around a lot of maps. You'll notice pretty soon.

Tho, the map that actually had issues such as Haddonfield/Swamp and Bedham, didn't get changed that much. (at all, except for a very few pallet tweaks)

• deadwolfwalking
    Options

@Runiver said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

@Runiver said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

@Runiver said:

They did add a lot of tall rocks in several maps, added vision breaking objects around a lot of maps. You'll notice pretty soon.

Tho, the map that actually had issues such as Haddonfield/Swamp and Bedham, didn't get changed that much. (at all, except for a very few pallet tweaks)

i'm just glad they got rid of the vacuums.... that ######### was for the ******* birds....

• Azakura
    Azakura Member Posts: 68
    Options
    Make killer choose 3 maps that they prefer to go to then rather then just one so it wont be the same map constantly. I like this idea, would make map offerings more clutch for survivors too. I main trapper and some maps my traps are just useless.
  • DepravedKiller
    DepravedKiller Member Posts: 182
    Options

I understand what you are trying to improve upon but don't forget the original idea behind the game, the original concept of what the game is all about.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=l9FMwsbsQek

Also

killers are ALWAYS solo. we have no option.... survivors ALWAYS have the option. ALMOST always join with others. and just as often coordinate as to 'who brings what'.... so **** the killer because there MIGHT be a solo player? lol. you ppl.... :D

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,412
    Options

This would more or less mean that everyone would pick the map that favors them most, and you'd never see the vast majority of maps. You'd basically see a ton of Shelter Woods, maybe some Gideon Meat Plant with terror radius builds. Balance aside, it would get really boring playing on the same two or three maps every time.

That's what offerings are for though. You get some control over which map you go to, but you can't just pick the easiest one every time.

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405
    Options

I'd just like to ban a realm. Any coldwind map is a free win for the survivors unless you play billy or nurse. See through jungle gyms, cow tree, killer shack. Not to mention the map specific ones like the barn or the silo being super easy to use.

• allychaan
    allychaan Member Posts: 14
    Options

@deadwolfwalking said:
    a counter to map selection. if 2 survivors play the same map offering, a killers map offering takes a dive.... by giving killers an automatic vote, offerings would be more balanced....

from what I've understood , the map offerings work like this (I'm only talking about the green ones as they are the ones that appear in the blood web):

• If a person plays a map offering for, let's say the Game, and there are no other map offerings present, the chance to go on that map is 100%
    • If two people play map offerings, one for the Game and one for Lery's, the chances are 50%/50%
    • So going by this, if everyone plays a map offering, everyone has a 20% chance to get their offered map.
    • SFW groups never play 4 map offerings for the same map, as there are better offerings to be burnt (fog, shrouds); therefore you never have to face the chances of 80%/20% of this situation.

And I think it's good that way. While some maps could use a bit or reworking, they still give a certain bit on uncertainty to this game, and I'm glad that you have to burn offerings to change that. After a while it would get way too easy to play a certain killer with a certain build because it's the best on a certain map (i.e Skillcheck Doctor in the Game). And there are other, more important things to fix in this game-