The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

When is kindred gonna become default?

I remember the devs saying that it could be built in instead of being a perk at some point. It would be nice because having a full lobby with solo people is a mess, and I'm pretty sure no one likes to get to second stage or end up dying on the first hook because people don't know if someone is going for the save or not.

Comments

• TangledNoodles
    TangledNoodles Member Posts: 248

@Master said:
    What would be the compensation buff on the killer side? 

Killers already have a very easy time vs a group of solo players. I know I do at least.

• TangledNoodles

@Iceman said:
    I hope it don’t get implented into the game. As a solo player I don’t like information being fed to me. The best feeling for me is not knowing if another survivor going to go for the hook. 

And maybe one of the reason it’s not in because it can increase gen rushing. Which is what most players complaint about. 

How is that a good feeling? I'm sure it wouldn't feel so good to be left hanging to dry on the hook.

• TangledNoodles

@Ryuhi said:
    Instead of actual Kindred, maybe a weaker version that works similar to the killer effect? In other words, only show survivor auras if they're within a radius of the hook.

That way people can either figure out if someone's waiting for a chance at an unhook, being chased right in front of it, etc. But not get basically a free full team aura.

Something is better than nothing.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

The problem is that some people don't want so much information given to them. Takes away from the horror and I can understand that. Sadly I see no other way to reduce the balance gap between solo and swf survivors.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited January 2019

@TangledNoodles said:

@Master said:

Killers already have a very easy time vs a group of solo players. I know I do at least.

At low ranks.

The game is not even remotely close to balanced currently. For the Kindred change to finally make it in killers would need some massive as hell buffs. I don't think you realize how much that Kindred information provided would help the survivors..it's huge.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457

@Iceman said:
    I hope it don’t get implented into the game. As a solo player I don’t like information being fed to me. The best feeling for me is not knowing if another survivor going to go for the hook. 

And maybe one of the reason it’s not in because it can increase gen rushing. Which is what most players complaint about. 

How is that a good feeling? I'm sure it wouldn't feel so good to be left hanging to dry on the hook.

1. It is more of adrenaline feel that comes from the game. If I stay on the gen then I can finish for everyone to espcae. However, if no one saves the survivor then we risk losing a team member. Then the game becomes more challenging. 

2. There are times where I’m left on the hook. I sometimes just stay until I completely die or I just end it when I reach the second stage. Either way I move on to the next game.
  • OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    edited January 2019
    JanTheMan said:
    Another thing on the list that the devs promised.

Behind DS, Freddy, endgame, etc.
    Pretty much just throw away promises the devs made. I mean we're still waiting on the ds nerf and it's been a year since they showed us anything or even talked about it. They're pretty much just hoping we'll forget.
  • GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    JanTheMan said:

Pretty much just throw away promises the devs made. I mean we're still waiting on the ds nerf and it's been a year since the showed us or even talked about it. They're pretty much just hoping we'll forget.
    They said the ds nerf was “unsatisfying” I kinda agree although I don’t normally use ds.
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

I remember the devs saying that it could be built in instead of being a perk at some point. It would be nice because having a full lobby with solo people is a mess, and I'm pretty sure no one likes to get to second stage or end up dying on the first hook because people don't know if someone is going for the save or not.

@weirdkid5 and I have been talking about how to close the SWF and solo Q survivors gap. We agreed that not having Kindred as baseline is the better option since the game is based on not knowing everything. However, I wouldn't be opposed to small details to help the experience of solo Q survivors.
  • Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533
    JanTheMan said:

SOON
  • Blueberry

@Nickenzie said:
    TangledNoodles said:

@weirdkid5 and I have been talking about how to close the SWF and solo Q survivors gap. We agreed that not having Kindred as baseline is the better option since the game is based on not knowing everything. However, I wouldn't be opposed to small details to help the experience of solo Q survivors.

The game honestly needs a seperate Casual/Ranked mode and only allow SWF in Casual mode. That's probably the best fix for the problem. Only real question is if the player base is strong enough to be split.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

@Blueberry said:

@Nickenzie said:
    TangledNoodles said:

The game honestly needs a seperate Casual/Ranked mode and only allow SWF in Casual mode. That's probably the best fix for the problem. Only real question is if the player base is strong enough to be split.

I wouldn't mind this solution, but I honestly doubt that would work. Also how to balance the game? Balance killers around solo survivors, which would mean a slight nerf to Hillbilly and Spirit and a somewhat bigger nerf to Nurse, could work. Balancing would be more important for ranked, but then what killer would want to play casual?

• Blueberry
    edited January 2019

@ad19970 said:

@Blueberry said:

@Nickenzie said:
    TangledNoodles said:

I wouldn't mind this solution, but I honestly doubt that would work. Also how to balance the game? Balance killers around solo survivors, which would mean a slight nerf to Hillbilly and Spirit and a somewhat bigger nerf to Nurse, could work. Balancing would be more important for ranked, but then what killer would want to play casual?

Nurse/Billy might be slightly too strong and I don't think spirit needs nerfs at all. That said, even solo survivors in general are still much stronger than killers and overall killers would still need buffs, just not as much without SWF.

Killers would play casual for the same reason as survivors, it doesn't hurt their rank with how they play. Obviously we still need incentives added to ranked play or this wouldn't really matter.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@ad19970 said:

@Blueberry said:

@Nickenzie said:
    TangledNoodles said:

Why'd you forget Hag :(

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Hell no! There is already way to much information on what killer perks affect the survivor. No need to pay attention. Just look at the info screen. Survivors were originally supposed to be clueless. Not have all the information served on a silver platter. 
  • WatchBloodRain
    WatchBloodRain Member Posts: 175
    I've been running kindred recently, doesnt prevent everyone running to me or letting me get to 2nd stage, I need to get higher teir I'm guessing 
  • Tenebro
    Tenebro Member Posts: 89

@Tsulan said:
    Hell no! There is already way to much information on what killer perks affect the survivor. No need to pay attention. Just look at the info screen. Survivors were originally supposed to be clueless. Not have all the information served on a silver platter. 

Then you have SWF, who have this information for free. Even if I like running around clueless, I prefer having more information for a more balanced game. Giving something like kindred, bond and empathy by default could be a good base to start balancing killers, while reducing the gap between swf and solo.
    Splitting queues in "ranked" and "casual" was proposed multiple times by the community, but the player base isn't big enough: even with 1 queue, sometimes you have to wait a while to find a game.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Tenebro said:

@Tsulan said:

Then you have SWF, who have this information for free. Even if I like running around clueless, I prefer having more information for a more balanced game. Giving something like kindred, bond and empathy by default could be a good base to start balancing killers, while reducing the gap between swf and solo.
    Splitting queues in "ranked" and "casual" was proposed multiple times by the community, but the player base isn't big enough: even with 1 queue, sometimes you have to wait a while to find a game.

The playerbase could be bigger, if we had casual. 
    I also want hardcore btw.
  • Tenebro

@Tsulan said:
    Tenebro said:

@Tsulan said:

The playerbase could be bigger, if we had casual. 
    I also want hardcore btw.

I think such a change for devs is too risky: yes, it could be bigger, but if not, the game dies.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    Default kindred would be good for lower ranked, new players to the game but imo experienced players dont be needing a default kindred. You crazy. 
  • Tenebro

@HawkAyeTheNoo said:
    Default kindred would be good for lower ranked, new players to the game but imo experienced players dont be needing a default kindred. You crazy. 

I think that with the lack of voice comm (no swf) even the most experienced player will find kindred useful, for a more coordinated save if they are committed to that. How many times I saw experienced survivors who didn't know what to do, if going for the save or doing the gen or something else, and if going for the save, how many times there was someone else there to do the save too, wasting a lot of time only for the lack of coordination. This kind of problem is greatly reduced when a team plays in voice comm. At least with kindred, bond and empathy you reduce the gap, letting devs balance killers on top of that.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Iceman said:

What? You like it to get one hooked, noone comes for you cuz everyone thinks someone else is coming? I don't believe that. I mean, the devs will probably nerf survivors more and more so swf becomes balanced. If you want to keep the solo experience as it is now, I'm 100% sure the survival rate for solos will dip down to 1% 
  • HavelmomDaS1

@Master said:

Yep, I can always tell when I verse solos: 4k and still 4 gens up.
  • HavelmomDaS1
    ad19970 said:

The problem is that some people don't want so much information given to them. Takes away from the horror and I can understand that. Sadly I see no other way to reduce the balance gap between solo and swf survivors.

So whenever a team mate uses the perk kindred he completely destroys the experience of this match? That's a lie. And if they are for real they can simply close their eyes lol
  • HavelmomDaS1
    Blueberry said:

@TangledNoodles said:

@Master said:

At low ranks.

The game is not even remotely close to balanced currently. For the Kindred change to finally make it in killers would need some massive as hell buffs. I don't think you realize how much that Kindred information provided would help the survivors..it's huge.

You got a logical fallacy here. First of all solo =/= swf. Everyone agrees. Kindred basekit helps only solo survivors. Swf won't gain an advantage. Those swf groups who benefits from that are not communicating a lot anyway so they basically count as solos aswell.
    Kindred basekit will just buff solos. Swf death squads won't benefit.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@TangledNoodles said:

@Master said:

Yes because most of the time they are matched with potatoes.
    The depip squad did an experiment without voice comms too, just fyi

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Blueberry said:

@Nickenzie said:
    TangledNoodles said:

Trust  I tried for that. I really did. I personally spoke with @not_Queen about it and Dave Richard is aware of the petition post I made on the Steam forums that has over 4k comments. A ranked/casual probably won't happen despite it being pretty much the correct solution imo
  • Blueberry

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Blueberry said:

@TangledNoodles said:

@Master said:

At low ranks.

You got a logical fallacy here. First of all solo =/= swf. Everyone agrees. Kindred basekit helps only solo survivors. Swf won't gain an advantage. Those swf groups who benefits from that are not communicating a lot anyway so they basically count as solos aswell.

I do not, I did not say solo = swf. I think you misread. I am not referring too Kindred helping SWF. I am saying that Kindred would buff the solo's too much. Solo survivor is already too strong and that would be a massive buff.

• HavelmomDaS1
    Blueberry said:

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Blueberry said:

@TangledNoodles said:

@Master said:

At low ranks.

I do not, I did not say solo = swf. I think you misread. I am not referring too Kindred helping SWF. I am saying that Kindred would buff the solo's too much. Solo survivor is already too strong and that would be a massive buff.

Ahh I see. But you agree with me that even with kindred basekit solo will be still weaker than swf right?
  • Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

It'd be nice to help close the gap between Solo and SWF which much needed. Though built in kindred would nullify perks like empathy, after care and others...

In all honestly, judging by the Devs past promises, I doubt SWF will ever be balanced unless there's a monetized incentive or Killers start giving up on the game.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited January 2019

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Blueberry said:

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

Blueberry said:

@TangledNoodles said:

@Master said:

At low ranks.

Ahh I see. But you agree with me that even with kindred basekit solo will be still weaker than swf right?

Sure but kindred SWF will be stronger than just SWF too, dont forget that there are 2x2 or 3x1 SWF too

• HavelmomDaS1
    Master said:

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Blueberry said:

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

Blueberry said:

@TangledNoodles said:

@Master said:

At low ranks.

Sure but kindred SWF will be stronger than just SWF too, dont forget that there are 2x2 or 3x1 SWF too

The benefit of kindred for SWF death squads is nearly 0. The only SWF groups who benefit from that are those who don't communicate a lot. But I personally count them as solos even if they hit the swf button 
  • Blueberry
    edited January 2019

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Blueberry said:

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

Blueberry said:

@TangledNoodles said:

@Master said:

At low ranks.

Oh yes of course, solo would still need a lot after Kindred to catch up to SWF. I'm just saying that even BEFORE we hypothetically add Kindred to solo survivors, solo survivors are already stronger than killers. So not only do "most" killers still need buffs but if we added the Kindred to solo's killers would definitely need a hell of a lot to catch up.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Kindred should NEVER be default. It's actually quite powerful. Besides the fact that it would make SWF even better at the cost of making solo only slightly better.

• thesuicidefox

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Swf won't gain an advantage. Those swf groups who benefits from that are not communicating a lot anyway so they basically count as solos aswell.

No SWF would get a huge benefit. Being able to see everyone is still really good because it means you don't need to communicate where you are and it fills in the gaps in your communication. Even with comms, SWF groups can step on each others toes because they don't know EXACTLY where their teammates are. It would benefit them as much or more than solo.

Base Kindred is just flat out not necessary. Stop trying to pump up solo to match SWF, that is the worst way to balance the game. Solo is actually quite balanced right now, it's SWF that needs to be taken down a few notches to match it, not the other way around.

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000
    Devs seem to have an issue making a promise and not adding on “Soon” to when it will happen.
  • Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
  • Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Kindred shouldn't become a default thing at all. The perk is fine, but I wouldn't mind a buff to it. Kindred needs to stay as a perk.

Make the range 12 meters or 16 meters at Tier III for it? It is 8m current at tier III.

I think that is clear and shows if the killer is even soft camping at 16m

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123
    edited January 2019

@TangledNoodles said:

The main reason they were gonna implement it, particularly tier 3 was to punish camping, they went for emblem changes, but I would honestly just prefer this since it punishes killers for camping which is really just an unfun playstyle for both killer and survivor because it restricts interactions both between survivors and the killer. Honestly if people still want to camp just make them play Hag, Nurse, Billy, Freddy, Wraith, or Spirit and require them to use their power boost to get back to the hook. I'd be ok with it honestly, but maybe balance the effect to 30s so survivors can't just get free team aura.

• HavelmomDaS1
    Blueberry said:

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Blueberry said:

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

Blueberry said:

@TangledNoodles said:

@Master said:

At low ranks.

Oh yes of course, solo would still need a lot after Kindred to catch up to SWF. I'm just saying that even BEFORE we hypothetically add Kindred to solo survivors, solo survivors are already stronger than killers. So not only do "most" killers still need buffs but if we added the Kindred to solo's killers would definitely need a hell of a lot to catch up.

Good that we clarified that, I mostly agree with you
  • HavelmomDaS1

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Swf won't gain an advantage. Those swf groups who benefits from that are not communicating a lot anyway so they basically count as solos aswell.

No SWF would get a huge benefit. Being able to see everyone is still really good because it means you don't need to communicate where you are and it fills in the gaps in your communication. Even with comms, SWF groups can step on each others toes because they don't know EXACTLY where their teammates are. It would benefit them as much or more than solo.

Base Kindred is just flat out not necessary. Stop trying to pump up solo to match SWF, that is the worst way to balance the game. Solo is actually quite balanced right now, it's SWF that needs to be taken down a few notches to match it, not the other way around.

''it means you don't need to communicate"
    But you can communicate, therefore the effect is the same and therefore no benefit for death squads who are on comms 
  • HavelmomDaS1

Kindred shouldn't become a default thing at all. The perk is fine, but I wouldn't mind a buff to it. Kindred needs to stay as a perk.

Make the range 12 meters or 16 meters at Tier III for it? It is 8m current at tier III.

I think that is clear and shows if the killer is even soft camping at 16m

Do you have another idea to close the gap? Because you just denied one of the best way to close the gap (it's all about how optimal survivors are on gens) without an alternative.
    And no, "just use kindred" isnt closing the gap cuz you use 3 perks as solo while swf can use 4 perks 
  • thesuicidefox

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    thesuicidefox said:

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

''it means you don't need to communicate"
    But you can communicate, therefore the effect is the same and therefore no benefit for death squads who are on comms 

Not every SWF has great communication. I play with SWF groups all the time and they give me bad info. Sometimes I give them bad info. When things get chaotic it happens.

The effect is definitely not the same. When someone runs Kindred then the entire squad can see each other. That means that any failure of communication is overridden by the auras.

The fact you think it wouldn't make a difference suggests to me that you don't use Kindred very much.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,461

They never said it was going to be implemented, it was just an idea.

• Tenebro

@thesuicidefox said:

You can't take down SWF because there are external factors that, as a dev, you don't control (discord for example). The only thing you can do is to set a common base to start with, buffing the only thing you control: solo plays. On top of that you can begin to balance (for real) the game. What advantages usually have voice comms? Coordination. How do you give such an advantage to solo plays? For me giving something like kindred, bond and empathy as default to survivors is a good starting point. You reduce the gap from SWF quite a bit. And yes, you also reduce the "clueless horror factor" of the game, but after playing this game more than a few hours you loose it anyway, so better having a balanced game. Remember, as survivor, you already see as default (and not as a perk) survivors auras in dying state, or when hooked you see others survs auras, etc. ... this already mine the "clueless horror factor".