The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Possible to disable intro video?

Is it possible to automatically disable/delete the intro video + the "click spacebar to start" screen?

Comments

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

+1

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    You can press a button the second the first splash screen loads. You don't even need to wait for the video to start.
  • I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

It takes 2 seconds to skip

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Stop crying man.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@I_am_Negan said:

It takes a few seconds to open a new lobby too, but yet I hear a lot of complaining about lobby dodging :smile:

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

@Master said:

@I_am_Negan said:

It takes a few seconds to open a new lobby too, but yet I hear a lot of complaining about lobby dodging :smile:

People just like to complain. I'm complaining about how cold it is where I'm at. lol

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    JanTheMan said:
    Literally just press any key/button to skip it...
    My question was to delete it and not how to skip it.
    Thanks anyway? Lol..
  • HavelmomDaS1

Stop crying man.

Do you have anything against me? No need to be rude, or did you never learned to be kind while growing up at home?
  • artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    yeah u can go into your files and delete the video and it won't show up anymore. I can post steps when I get home in about an hour and 30 minutes if u want
  • HavelmomDaS1
    artist said:
    yeah u can go into your files and delete the video and it won't show up anymore. I can post steps when I get home in about an hour and 30 minutes if u want
    Thank you lad, appreciate the help!
  • Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,461

@artist said:

If EAC detects that, you can get banned for modifying the game files.

• artist
    Shroompy said:

@artist said:

its about as likely to detect that as it is to detect uncapped frames
  • HavelmomDaS1
    Shroompy said:

@artist said:

I think the only thing what EAC would do is to tell you to verify your files? Deleting stuff isn't modifying the game as far as I know. Maybe you are right, Idk. Do you know of an official statement from EAC or BHVR?
  • artist
    artist said:
    Shroompy said:

@artist said:

its about as likely to detect that as it is to detect uncapped frames
    okay that was a pure guess I really don't know but I've had the video gone since spirit came out
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

@Shroompy said:

@artist said:

Probably not because you didn't modify anything. If anything it would complain about missing files and tell you to verify your installation.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Dwight_Confusion said:

Stop crying man.

Do you have anything against me? No need to be rude, or did you never learned to be kind while growing up at home?

LoL

What a liberal response.

No man. Just your post is very ridiculous to me. COmplaining over the intro video? I mean come on.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Dwight_Confusion said:

Stop crying man.

LoL

What a liberal response.

No man. Just your post is very ridiculous to me. COmplaining over the intro video? I mean come on.

People who bring politics into everything 🙄
  • HavelmomDaS1

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Dwight_Confusion said:

Stop crying man.

LoL

What a liberal response.

I think you have some issues. Where did I complain? I asked a simple question if it's possible or not. Either answer with "No" or with "Yes" and additionally how to do it.
    Your post is definitely more ridicule than mine. Get some help.
  • Megaris
    Megaris Member Posts: 105

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Is it possible to automatically disable/delete the intro video + the "click spacebar to start" screen?

yes you can. remove or rename the movie file.
    steamapps\common\Dead by Daylight\DeadByDaylight\Content\Movies\LoadingScreen.mp4

• Earth_Chan
    Earth_Chan Member Posts: 24

pff I have problem with intro... I can't skip xDDD i must wait 3-4 min to end

• HavelmomDaS1
    Megaris said:

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

yes you can. remove or rename the movie file.
    steamapps\common\Dead by Daylight\DeadByDaylight\Content\Movies\LoadingScreen.mp4

Worked! Thanks man