The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Streamer Mode

Watery
Watery Member Posts: 1,167
Before you start, I do understand this may sound unoriginal, but due to the recent state of affairs in terms of witch-hunting, I believe this may provide a viable solution to it.

Rather than stating the killers username, or survivors username, they’d be listed as the killer they were playing. There may be a few issues with this design- namely that the stack of survivors may make it impossible for it to appear that way. 

My point is, is that this will not only help with the witch-hunting reportable offense, as it will make it much harder to work around: and even if, the streamer does turn said mode off, the action could be seen immediately. 

Thoughts?

Comments

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

What state of affairs in regards to witch hunting?.. I don't see there being any issue about witch hunting.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

I dont see what this has to do with witchhunting either.

Blockign out the killer name on your screen would only help against streamsniping (which is not even a bannable offense btw)

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    TheBean said:

What state of affairs in regards to witch hunting?.. I don't see there being any issue about witch hunting.

Namely, I think situations (in regards of the Ochido ban, which was quite awhile ago), could be prevented through that means. Like a way to prevent it, I suppose? I can’t be certain. I don’t think this was the best idea, either.
  • WatchBloodRain
    WatchBloodRain Member Posts: 175
    edited January 2019
    I think just blocking names at the fire is a good idea, I assume some lobby dodging is to play with the killer, even if a team has no items toolboxes and such I still see dodging and if it's a youtuber or someone well known in lobbies, killers may just leave due to they know how good that person is, after a match the killer can see the names, if a survivor dies they get to see who everyone was