The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New Event Complaints

Dreamnomad
Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

First off, I do appreciate the effort put into making these events happen. The skins look cool and who doesn't enjoy fireworks? With that said, I do have a couple of complaints.

1.) Why are the bloodpoint bonuses so small for this event? Traditionally players earn around 5000 bloodpoints per event bonus if they bring an offering. Killers only get 1500 bonus bloodpoints for breaking a lantern this event which is more difficult to do than hook events from previous ones. Games I've played so far, I've broken 2 lanterns on average. Typically, there are only 2-3 event offerings brought per match.
2.) Traditionally there are 2 baseline event objectives +1 per offering. This doesn't seem to be the case this time around. Meaning there are less objectives available lowering the amount of event progress per game and lowering the potential bloodpoint bonuses further. Okay, so I was wrong about this, but the event hooks are a little hard as killer to find since you're preoccupied with chasing survivors around and trying to keep them off generators. I realize it might be too oppressive for the lanterns auras to be revealed when hooking a survivor, but surely there is some kind of middle ground. Like if the killer could see the aura of hooks within 16 meters.
3.) Killers can't break lanterns when they hook the last survivor even if they have time to reach a lantern before the game actually ends. I don't know if this is a bug or not, but it is certainly annoying.
4.) Killer specific, but you can't break lanterns while in stealth as the Wraith. This doesn't feel right. A minor issue I know, but again, annoying.
5.) Progress was bugged when the event came out. Again. This feels like it is an issue every single event. Now, I don't know if this means anything, but I played a game with Cannibal using offerings acquired from last years event and it DID give progress towards the event. All the games I played using newly acquired event offerings did NOT give progress. EDIT: This appears to be fixed now.

If these issues could be addressed in a timely manner, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Post edited by Dreamnomad on

Comments

• apathytheclown
    apathytheclown Member Posts: 295

There should be more event offerings per web.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522
    edited January 2019
    Regarding number 2: This is still the case, as the red envelope description mentions. Additional envelopes will cause more vessels to spawn.

In terms of bloodpoints, it may seem lower on the surface, but you gain bloodpoints from multiple sources. Rather than getting one lump sum, it is spread out across several actions.
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

I think hooking and completing generators should give you bloodpoints just like previous events. Other than this, I like the event.

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 356
    edited January 2019

This event seems super survivor sided in general. I remember when it was announced on the dev stream survivors freaked out thinking it was going to be so killer sided but in reality, survivors can get 25 points for escaping with a lantern, which isn't nearly as hard as they made it seem, while the killer only gets 3 points for destroying one? What? Destroying them isn't as easy as you made it seem either since we have no aura for them so we have no idea where they are, and we can only destroy them after hooking someone which means you have to know where the lantern spawns are and which ones, if any, currently have a lantern still on it, and/or be close enough to even get there in time. The time limit plus having no idea where they are makes it extremely hard to get more than 1 or 2 in a match even if there are 5-7 out there.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@scorpio said:
    This event seems super survivor sided in general. I remember when it was announced on the dev stream survivors freaked out thinking it was going to be so killer sided but in reality, survivors can get 25 points for escaping with a lantern, which isn't nearly as hard as they made it seem, while the killer only gets 3 points for destroying one? What? Destroying them isn't as easy as you made it seem either since we have no aura for them so we have no idea where they are, and we can only destroy them after hooking someone which means you have to know where the lantern spawns are and which ones, if any, currently have a lantern still on it, and/or be close enough to even get there in time. The time limit plus having no idea where they are makes it extremely hard to get more than 1 or 2 in a match even if there are 5-7 out there.

Yeah, it is a lot easier for survivors imo.

Killers have to go out of their way to destroy the lanterns everytime they hook somebody, getting a lantern and holding onto it is not hard at all.

Getting points for hookings and gens seems easy for both sides though (I play clown and huntress so I don't know how hard it is for leatherfaces for example, so don't take me so seriously for this one)

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Ok, very small sample size, I know, but my points as killer are almost double that of survivor. I don't see many survivors surviving, but getting points as the killer is pretty steady. 3-4k every match is much more consistent.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

@Dreamnomad said:

@Peanits said:
    Regarding number 2: This is still the case, as the red envelope description mentions. Additional envelopes will cause more vessels to spawn.

In terms of bloodpoints, it may seem lower on the surface, but you gain bloodpoints from multiple sources. Rather than getting one lump sum, it is spread out across several actions.

It isn't just on "the surface". You get far less bonus bloodpoints than previous events. It's not even close either. Previous events playing as a killer I would typically get around 27500 to 38500 bonus bloodpoints per game when I brought an offering. This event I'm getting around maybe 5000 bonus bloodpoints.

+1

• Dreamnomad

@Peanits said:

>

I'm willing to concede that this very well might be the case. Since the lanterns auras are never shown, I can't say with 100% certainty how many are on a given map. The 5 games or so I played today I only noticed a number of lanterns approximately equal to the number of offerings brought. But given that I was pretty busy chasing and killing survivors I can't say for certain that I found all the lanterns.

• Dreamnomad

updated.

• antgnstea
    antgnstea Member Posts: 869
    Delfador said:

Yeah, it is a lot easier for survivors imo.

Killers have to go out of their way to destroy the lanterns everytime they hook somebody, getting a lantern and holding onto it is not hard at all.

Getting points for hookings and gens seems easy for both sides though (I play clown and huntress so I don't know how hard it is for leatherfaces for example, so don't take me so seriously for this one)

I changed my previous statement and agree with you here. It is quite hard to find those lanters as killer. 
    Yet especially in high ranks it is also very difficult to even do a couple of gens let alone escape with lantern. 

Maybe the offerings gave 2 extra lantern not just 1. That would make it a bit easier for both sides but mostly killers. Cause in a good match for killers they can hook up to 12 times, but only can destroy 7 and that If they could find all. 

And if these long survivor waiting times show us anything that killers need something more. 
  • Dreamnomad

@antgnstea said:
    And if these long survivor waiting times show us anything that killers need something more. 

I think they should just bump up the BP gain from breaking lanterns to around 7.5k. That would bring things roughly in line with how many BP were earned in past events. Alternatively, if they increased the number of lanterns in a match the number could be reduced. But if the killer plays well then the killer should be earning around 30k bonus bloodpoints if they brought an offering.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    So much negativity. I am just happy with the event. Thank you  :)
  • starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    I played yesterday and broke the last lantern ad the survivor was being sacrificed to do that you either need to be lucky or hang them near a lantern post though memorizing spawn locations in 2 weeks is rather difficult with so many maps.
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

@Bravo0413 said:
    The only complaint I have is ther envelope spawn in the bloodweb... there should be more spawning other than that no complaints 

Yeah 1 is completely unacceptable. It needs to be like 3

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

This event sucks for killers. The corrupted lanterns reset to quickly.
    Just got a match where i got 2 kills and 2 disconnected = 12 points.
    As surivor i even had a match where i got 45 points, while dying in front of the gate.
    Bugged and unfun

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

no complaints here. simple fun event

• SH1FTY423
    SH1FTY423 Member Posts: 85
    IDK I hooked 4 survivors 3 Times each and destroyed 1 vessel not got 19 points What The Fu
  • SH1FTY423
    SH1FTY423 Member Posts: 85
    edited January 2019
    It's fun but shits way complicated with that said Good event points could be better but all in all way better than hallowed blight
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Tsulan said:
    This event sucks for killers. The corrupted lanterns reset to quickly.
    Just got a match where i got 2 kills and 2 disconnected = 12 points.
    As surivor i even had a match where i got 45 points, while dying in front of the gate.
    Bugged and unfun

this has been my least enjoyed event. Teammates suicide and hiding in lockers or rage quit if they don't get a lantern, no one working on generators or killers rage quit when you pop or are about to pop the last generator. As Killer same crap survivors suicide on 1st hook because nobody gets them, i have been ignoring lanterns i don't have time for that ######### and the bloodpoint rewards are underwhelming to say the least.

• Dreamnomad

@will_i_am_14_85 said:
    My only complaint so far is the lack of Bonus BP compared to previous events.

This is my biggest complaint too. Earning bonus skins is nice, but earning lots of bloodpoints would be better. This event the bonus bloodpoints barely cover the cost of the offering!