The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Should I bother with the event?

Gorgonia
Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

I love the game and I love how you decide to give us events so that the game changes a bit from time to time. It's really very much appreciated.

However, I'm a bit concerned about the idea behind the events.
This one in particular requires a lot of grinding. Grinding that is thought around the idea we can devote a nice amount of hours towards the completion of the event objectives, but can we really?

Let's start with killers. 1 point per hook? Say you have an average of 8 hooks per trial if every survivor is hooked twice, so you would need 13 games where no one dies on the first hook, no one DCs and no one hides well enough to survive the trial without you finding them at all.

Now this brings me to the 2nd question, why would survivors stop doing gens to save that guy that was hooked when they could be adding the huge amount of 4 points to their event count by completing those gens? Yes, 4 points per gen lol... you need to complete 25 gens to get a coin. No one repairs 5 gens per trial and the average would be around 2 per survivor, 3 if we would want to be optimistic, per trial. That takes us to an average of 9 to 13 games. Right now, if you are a PS4 user, 9 games could be played in about... 5 to 6 hours at night, when a lot of us that work and have a life besides gaming can actually get to play... 1 or 2 games per hour if you're lucky and you're not lobbydodged. And no one guarantees you will actually complete any gen before you get killed or tunneled to death after half of your survivor mates DC.

Now, 20 points for surviving seems like a good number if only you had the chance to grab the vessel, that's if people actually had bloodpoints to buy extra envelopes so that at least 4 vessels spawn. At lvl50 you need around 50k points to complete the bloodweb, you make 50k points in around 3 games, if lucky. That's probably 3 games with no envelopes burned as your offering until you renew your bloodweb and envelopes show up. Probably 3 games with no 20 extra points, and that's only if you survive, and we know survival rates are really not that good...

I do love the idea of events and making them fun, but either be a bit more "generous" when it comes to point rewards, or extend the event so that people who can't devote their life to the game can actually get the chance to farm anything at all. PS4 wait times are not our fault, it's yours. Toxicity in the game is our fault, yes... but you do nothing to stop a lot of toxic behaviors usually deemed "legit". Hallowed Blight wasn't bad, at least after you decided to make survivor and killer vials count towards the same goal... you could fill up a vial in a single trial or trial and a half.

I'm not asking to be given cosmetics for free but the current points would work great if the game worked great and I could actually get to play 5 to 6 games an hour. PS4 isn't the case. Let alone the toxicity of a big part of the community who will go out of their way simply to ruin the gaming experience of others.

Hopefully I will be wrong and we will all enjoy the awesome new cosmetics (not a fan of Ace's tho). Hopefully!

Comments

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    edited January 2019
    Double post
  • Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    As a killer? Not really.

As a Survivor? Sure, just rush gens as normal and get cosmetics for your trouble. EZ
  • Gorgonia

@EntityDispleased said:
    Play the game normally + have fun actually playing the game = profit

Oh, I totally agree with that. But PS4 state as of now is rather bad. I would have fun if I got to play... heh

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

I wondered the same. Skins are kinda meh and I dont play them anyway......

• Gorgonia

@Master said:
    I wondered the same. Skins are kinda meh and I dont play them anyway......

I like Feng Min's, but it's just cosmetics... like I share the same perks all over my survivors, or at least most of them.

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187

Totally worth that nice Feng outfit.

• Gorgonia

@KiraElijah said:

I just bought it after 4 dodged lobbies and my patience about to end.

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187

@Gorgonia said:

@KiraElijah said:

@Gorgonia said:

@KiraElijah said:

Kinda wasteful buying it when the event is so easy

• Gorgonia

@KiraElijah said:

@Gorgonia said:

@KiraElijah said:

@Gorgonia said:

@KiraElijah said:

Kinda wasteful buying it when the event is so easy

I still couldn't get into any game.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Getting games regularly on both sides (rank 10'ish). I am not really doing anything with this event. Total waste of time.

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

3 matches in so far. 2 were back-to-back basement Bubbas and this last one was a Spirit using an Ebony Mori and NOED. Honestly, from first impressions, this looks like one of those events where you just want to play the game normally and don't get too much into it lest you rage quit and put a fist through your monitor. The hate sweat is real so far. Since I don't normally play any of the characters with cosmetics available, I'll just keep doing what I normally do or slack off a bit until it's over.

• Gorgonia
    I just managed to find a game. We did all gens and escaped. I noticed you get points for every gen that’s repaired even if you didn’t take part. However, I tried to join the lobby again and got a ps4 error and the game restarted and I lost the 20 points I made 

@not_Queen any assistance on this?
  • Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

I should add that the level of anti-altruism I've already witnessed from fellow survivors tops anything I've seen since release, no question in my mind. If you get hooked and they're on gens... go ahead and give up and move on to the next game. You're gonna' die. I'm in absolute awe.

• Hex_Flex
    Hex_Flex Member Posts: 132

There are only 3 skins, two of which are actually "ok" (Huntress, Feng). Hallowed Blight had 6 skins, and all of them were quite nice. I don't see a point in getting more than 4-6 coins. Anybody who wants the event cosmetic for Ace does not appreciate any of the other good skins Ace daddy already has.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131
    edited January 2019

@EntityDispleased said:

Yeah, can be fun unless you are being sandbagged by teammates who want your lantern.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    What's the prize?
  • shyguyy
    shyguyy Member Posts: 298

I mean is it still worth playing? Sure if you like the game. Is the event good? No. Somehow they still fail to realize that the only thing most players actually care about during events is significant amounts of bonus/extra bloodpoints.

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889

The only cosmetics I'm going for are feng's and the huntress body. Don't care about Ace or the head/weapon.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    So many numbers!!! Me just smash lanterns!!! Me happy!!!  :)
  • Fizz
    Fizz Member Posts: 71

I might be wrong but this event is so pointless to play as a killer...So why bother? I mean we seem to have to work harder to get lower points than survivors. We corrupt the vassel thingies than they turn back to normal by the time you've found one. Also, do you get points for every hooked person? I mean let's be honest this is a survivor sided event with SWF out in force using voice comms. Yay another reason to avoid playing killer.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited January 2019

@EntityDispleased said:

+1

OP:

Yeee just do this. You don't need to do anything special, play your normal way and you'll be earning progression. You have 2 weeks, and maybe more if the event ######### up and the Devs extend it like the past ones.

The first 3 coins won't take too long.. Maybe 6 to 8 hours of playing.. So you can still get a few pieces for free that you like.

One thing with this event though, is that the event was designed to pit killer vs survivor without allowing too much farming. If the killer farms with the survivors, the survivors will get their 45 points, but the killer will lose out. And vise versa... You get survivors farming with the killer, are they gonna give up their 25 points for escaping with the vessel, so the killer can get their 3 points?

So this event has made killers get all sweaty trying to get their 45 points per match. Which they can't even get if all the survivors don't put out red envelopes.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

I hear that on the PS4
    But anywho it's pretty easy to get the coins, but I'm just going for Feng's and then I'm going back to RE2 being I didn't really get a chance to play it.

• HarryToeknuckles
    HarryToeknuckles Member Posts: 158

I'd recommend playing this event as a survivor if you want an even more selfish, idiotic team.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Please play some other game these couple of weeks, less queue time for me  :)
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

If you don't want the last outfit, you don't need to bother with the event at all.

Just doing gens and hooking people will give you enough points to get the first one at least. I am not sure about the second one because some people play the game a lot, some don't.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

I'm skipping the event.

Like the Blight one, if I really want one of the cosmetics, which I don't really since I don't think they are that great looking (Personal taste), I'll just buy it, a couple bucks for the DEVs. Since it's not event exclusive, that maybe would've gotten me to care a bit, but nope.