The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What if you could buy the Lantern eFFect?

Legit I would buy something like that because it looks pretty damn cool. Just add a 4th outfit slot for special things like that and i'd be all in.

Comments

• Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533

Legit I would buy something like that because it looks pretty damn cool. Just add a 4th outfit slot for special things like that and i'd be all in.

If you want killers to see you behind stuff sure
  • GolgiNea
    GolgiNea Member Posts: 157

I love this idea! I also really enjoy the effect!

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857

I want one in pink or in rainbow flares. that would be so cool running around as David farting pink sparklers.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

I love the lights. I saw someone on Haddonfield out on the roof because of the lantern effect.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

@Fenrir said:
    MojoTheFabulous said:

You should see my bright pink sweater and purple pants Ace. Sometimes you just wanna look good!

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235
    They could go the identity v route and make such cosmetics simply not visible to killers.
  • Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

If they fixed the mesh wobbling with the characters body it'd be a great effect! :lol:

• MojoTheFabulous

@Raptorrotas said:
    They could go the identity v route and make such cosmetics simply not visible to killers.

I'd still take it even with Killers seeing it.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

I want to buy it as a gift. Four sets of them, actually.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    edited January 2019
    I made a thread that I put in the balance section without realizing...  I asked if the glow could possibly be a seasonal reward.. 

I tagged a mod asking if they could move it here unfortunately they haven't 
  • GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
    I’d be fine it’s wearing that! I don’t mind the challenge either 
  • NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

I'd really like the Lantern effect to be a permantly available skin! There are a lot of players who don't care about stealthy outfits and just want to look nice. :)

• MojoTheFabulous

@NoShinyPony said:
    I'd really like the Lantern effect to be a permantly available skin! There are a lot of players who don't care about stealthy outfits and just want to look nice. :)

Exactly my line of thinking. Which is pretty dumb for me as I try to play in a stealthy way...

• Bravo0413
    edited January 2019
    not_Queen said:

I know that's something that isn't planned but I'll bring the feedback to the team. :)

Anyway this could be a seasonal reward?..... seasonal rewards are something that many players have been asking for :)
  • SH1FTY423
    SH1FTY423 Member Posts: 85
    Save up all the Crackers and starters ya can they will come in handy this summer
  • Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

@not_Queen Would be nice on the killer side too :)

• SH1FTY423
    SH1FTY423 Member Posts: 85
    It's the year of the pig show Amanda some love on the forums
  • No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093

@MojoTheFabulous said:

I've said this before but for killers, however i guess survivors who want to play not stealthy could use it too. I also think you should be able to buy different moris but as if the devs would actually do it

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Mr bingbong would look fabulous and the doctor would look a little festive.
  • Arsoul
    Arsoul Member Posts: 320

@MojoTheFabulous said:

I like the lantern effect and would probably buy it. The only thing I would ask for is that it deactivates when inside the killers terror radius.

• Dwight_Main
    Dwight_Main Member Posts: 69

@Arsoul said:

@MojoTheFabulous said:

I like the lantern effect and would probably buy it. The only thing I would ask for is that it deactivates when inside the killers terror radius.

stfu. if it ever gets implemented into the game. you either use it or you dont. stop making devs work on something unnecessary.

• Arsoul

@Dwight_Main said:

@Arsoul said:

@MojoTheFabulous said:

stfu. if it ever gets implemented into the game. you either use it or you dont. stop making devs work on something unnecessary.

Well, someones a little precious today

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

Lantern effect would be the worst fear of P3 claudettes

It would be cool imo

• Dwight_Main
    Dwight_Main Member Posts: 69

@Delfador said:
    Lantern effect would be the worst fear of P3 claudettes

It would be cool imo

Sure will be. hopefully it will be optional to use and comes with different colors.

• Bravo0413
    Arsoul said:

@MojoTheFabulous said:

If you're not confident in your chase capabilities dont wear it.... that's why the cosmetic should be a seasonal goal or something players could earn in a way because wearing the glow/lantern effect would be a way for survivors to "flex" 
  • Arsoul

Get all 9 coins, get the effect? That'd work for me

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

@MojoTheFabulous said:

I've said this before but for killers, however i guess survivors who want to play not stealthy could use it too. I also think you should be able to buy different moris but as if the devs would actually do it

Unless the effect goes off once you’re moving rapidly and dimishes as you stop to walk or crouch 
  • Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Killers could get a crow effect

• MojoTheFabulous

@not_Queen said:
    I know that's something that isn't planned but I'll bring the feedback to the team. :)

This is super good to hear. Hopefully something comes of it.

• No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093

@Gorgonia said:
    No_Cluie_Louis said:

@MojoTheFabulous said:

Unless the effect goes off once you’re moving rapidly and dimishes as you stop to walk or crouch 

That's actually a really good idea... more people need to see this and the entire thing as a whole would actually work in the game

• venom12784
    venom12784 Member Posts: 666
    I think this would be awesome I like the way it looks 
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

As a killer, I'm 100% okay with survivors having particle effects to give away their position. Just saying. If BVHR can make a few bucks doing that then it's win-win.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Fenrir said:
    MojoTheFabulous said:

Legacy?

• MojoTheFabulous

@Master said:

@Fenrir said:
    MojoTheFabulous said:

Legacy?

It wouldn't be the same as Legacy as that is something over default clothing but this Lantern thing is something around your character, giving you the freedom to wear whatever you like. Assuming it'd be implemented as a new 4th slot for cosmetics for both Survivor and Killer.

i can already picture an electricity eFFect for the Doctor.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@MojoTheFabulous said:

It wouldn't be the same as Legacy as that is something over default clothing but this Lantern thing is something around your character, giving you the freedom to wear whatever you like. Assuming it'd be implemented as a new 4th slot for cosmetics for both Survivor and Killer.

i can already picture an electricity eFFect for the Doctor.

OMG, that would be lovely, I hope it gets implemented as well