The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

A Double Standard

Killers complained when survivors sabotaged Event hooks. But now it’s okay to permanently destroy the additional survivor objective? Okay.

Comments

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Play killer and tell me how many points you make per match. 
    Now compare that to what you make as survivor. 

Btw, only 1 survivor needs to escape with the lantern. 
  • Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

@Tsulan does it apply for the whole team?
    0_0

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522
    Jdsgames said:

0_0

It's not supposed to and will likely be fixed soon.
  • Tsulan
    Jdsgames said:

0_0

Right now it does. 
  • Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478
    Yea if you can find the damn thing, then you might have to go away from objectives and survivors to try to find one. Way easier to get the points playing survivor. On ps4 I waited 10 minutes for a solo survivor lobby last night and gave up. Went back to killer and lobby filled within 10 secs. No one is hardly playing killer this event.
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Had to play killer last night. After 1 game as survivor couldn't find another lobby. For all those that have yet to try killer in the event; vessels are hard to find let alone get to after a hook. From a distance empty one look like hooks and survivors wouldn't even wait until I looked away from a freshly hook teammate before gunning for a save. I got lucky once as I hooked one and the vessel reappeared 3m away. Between the two experiences survivor was much better in terms of event objective.
  • JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611
    Tsulan said:

Played Killer. Got all 4 lanterns they had spawned in and hooked each survivor three times. I’m no pushover when it comes to killer, but even so it still seems to be a double standard, as killers complain when survivors destroy event-based hooks and yet destroying the Survivor event objective is totally fine?
  • Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

@Tsulan said:

Way better points as killer. Survivor is plagued by very try-hard killers and survivors DC'ing. My point average last night as survivor was 16 points, today is less than 10. As killer, I averaged roughly 18 last night, it is above 20 per match now. I'll stay away from survivor for the rest of this event.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@JammyJewels said:
    Tsulan said:

Played Killer. Got all 4 lanterns they had spawned in and hooked each survivor three times. I’m no pushover when it comes to killer, but even so it still seems to be a double standard, as killers complain when survivors destroy event-based hooks and yet destroying the Survivor event objective is totally fine?

The difference between them is that survivors don't get points for destroying the hooks. They did that just because they didn't want killers to earn points. I mean you can say that they were trying to save teammates but we all know the intention behind it.

Now, killers destroy the survivors' objective because they share the same objective, not because killers don't want survivors to get a lantern and earn event points.

These 2 situations are totally different.

• JammyJewels
    Delfador said:

@JammyJewels said:
    Tsulan said:

The difference between them is that survivors don't get points for destroying the hooks. They did that just because they didn't want killers to earn points. I mean you can say that they were trying to save teammates but we all know the intention behind it.

Now, killers destroy the survivors' objective because they share the same objective, not because killers don't want survivors to get a lantern and earn event points.

These 2 situations are totally different.

Okay. I can see your point. You’ve explained it well but still... it seems agitating, to have the only two in the map be destroyed and being unable to get them because you tried playing the game normally. I sabotaged an event hook (the summer hook) as a Billy has made a 3 gem strat work and I tried to save the other Claudette alive. It worked but the Killer went after me, hooked me and kept smacking me, after which he spammed with messages of “Toxic survivor, why u destroy hook. U get camped because u destroy specail hook”. Due to every hook being counted towards the event there won’t be any of that, but the entire idea of having one sides’ objectives be destroyed by the other is an idea I dislike immensely. It creates a heavy hostility between the two sides that I’d rather avoid in the current climate the community seems to be in.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan said:

Get them before the killer gets them.
    Survivors can claim red lanterns. 
    You compete for the same objective. 
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Gens are the objective and killer has hooks. Vessels are a secondary point objective for both. Killers are competing for it just as much as the survivors are with one another. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@JammyJewels said:
    Killers complained when survivors sabotaged Event hooks. But now it’s okay to permanently destroy the additional survivor objective? Okay.

Uhm because thats the killers objective?

• JammyJewels
    Master said:

@JammyJewels said:

Uhm because thats the killers objective?

But isn’t this just enforcing the event-based Survivor VS Killer thing I saw so many get worried about prior to the event?
  • antgnstea
    antgnstea Member Posts: 869
    I  see survivors in advantage position here. They can grab lanterns any time they see them but killer have to hook someone and then find that lantern by the time hope another survivor haven’t picked it up yet. 

Also Imo as long as killers could not destroy a gen and making it impossible to fix, that’s not the same with sabotaging special event hooks. 
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    It’s it’s almost like they ensured the killer can’t get full points by tunnelling and having friendly little survivors helping them out.... wonder why they put such an objective in, it’s not like people farm and troll these events in the past! 
  • JammyJewels
    Paddy4583 said:
    It’s it’s almost like they ensured the killer can’t get full points by tunnelling and having friendly little survivors helping them out.... wonder why they put such an objective in, it’s not like people farm and troll these events in the past! 
    Actually, killers still get helpers. I personally helped a killer complete his dailies and he helped me get the Coins. Incidentally we played together twice in a row and I aided him by letting myself be hooked and all sorts.
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    edited January 2019
    Paddy4583 said:
    Actually, killers still get helpers. I personally helped a killer complete his dailies and he helped me get the Coins. Incidentally we played together twice in a row and I aided him by letting myself be hooked and all sorts.
    So you lead them to each survivor and hooked them all 3 times then he let you escape?

Its not possible for you too both leave with full points, unlike past events, it’s also against the rules to help the killer track other survivors, farming on the other hand is different, but you still cant both farm full points, 
  • JammyJewels
    Paddy4583 said:
    Paddy4583 said:
    So you lead them to each survivor and hooked them all 3 times then he let you escape?

Its not possible for you too both leave with full points, unlike past events.
    Well, no. The first game we played normally, given we knew nothing of each other. But for some reason he spared me. The second game we avoided each other but I would unhook people before they reached Stage 2. Eventually all that was left was me and Nea letting him hook us.
  • Milkymalk
    Milkymalk Member Posts: 221

@JammyJewels said:
    But isn’t this just enforcing the event-based Survivor VS Killer thing I saw so many get worried about prior to the event?

What, Survivors VS Killers? Unthinkable! What is this, a game that pitches two sides against one another? Pfft.

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

I do honestly think that making Killers destroy the vessels for points was a poor way of taking this event. I think hooking a Survivor who's carrying a vessel should give the points but that perhaps encourages tunneling.
    I don't know but anything is better than the ######### Halloween event.

• JammyJewels
    Milkymalk said:

@JammyJewels said:

What, Survivors VS Killers? Unthinkable! What is this, a game that pitches two sides against one another? Pfft.

The base objectives are Killer VS Survivor. But additional objectives should not be pitting the two sides against one another. I like the Halloween event because survivors were able to do an additional objective that couldn’t be destroyed by the killer. The Lanterns encourage survivors to be selfish which isn’t always a good thing...
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@JammyJewels said:
    Killers complained when survivors sabotaged Event hooks.

What, a dozen people or so?
    Yeah, that was an outrage. /s

• Tsulan

@Tsulan said:

######### that's totally unfair!

Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna play a little survivor.

That's what I've been doing all the evening. 
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Peanits said:
    Jdsgames said:

0_0

It's not supposed to and will likely be fixed soon.
    Personally I would leave it and adjust killer points gained to compensate, if as a survivor you don't get a lantern and earn around 12 points per game, giving the queue times and also the lack of red envelopes being played there is not as many showing up due to the cost and lack of bloodpoints that's roughly 400 games to complete the event worst case.

Say you did get a lantern and escaped around of your 25% games that is still around 300 games, that's 22 games a day, queue times are hurting this event already making this unachievable for most of the playerbase. 

I would not say survivor point gain is broken right now but killers is so that needs increased.
  • Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478
    Can someone define a try hard killer, cause I feel like why play if your not trying.