The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Camp! Camp! Camp! and more Camp!

OGlilSPOOK20
OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
edited January 2019 in General Discussions
I do not give a ######### dude I've been camped and tunnelled multiple games in a row.

Even when there's still 3 or more gens left. Idgaf dude camping makes the game sooo ######### boring and unplayable.

I only agree with camping when all gens are done and exit gates are open but this is ridiculous dude... I just wanna uninstall the game because it literally makes the game not even want to be played.

Come @ me idc anymore. Devs need to find a solution to this because it is not fun at all. It kills all motivation of playing the game.

Comments

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

You recent games are due to the event.
    You need to play the elimination plays if you want to get any hope at a chance at getting tokens as the killer.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Your opponent doesn't have to care which tactics you agree and disagree with. That's like going into a tennis tournament and demanding your opponents all hop on one foot while playing against you.

Camping already has a solution, but it requires work on the Survivors' behalf.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    edited January 2019
    Master said:

Maybe just switch to killer? Then you wont be camped (unless you count toxic survivors )

Oh no a survivor has a flashlight whatever shall I do... I know I'll just use Franklin's Demise! I play both Killer and Survivor dude... Maybe you should use the perk... It actually works or maybe you know... Lightborn!
  • OGlilSPOOK20
    edited January 2019

I'll tell you the same thing I told the other guy frustrated with playing a survivor. Try playing killer for a while if survivor is too frustrating. If that is too frustrating then perhaps this isn't the game for you.

Thanks for the advice, but I dont want to just enjoy just playing one side of the game. I like both sides and it's not ok for killers to get rewarded for camping, same goes for survivor with ds.
  • Orion

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:
    Oh no a survivor has a flashlight whatever shall I do... I know I'll just use Franklin's Demise! I play both Killer and Survivor dude... Maybe you should use the perk... It actually works.

Franklin's Demise for flashlights, Ruin and NOED for genrush, Whispers for when the last Survivor tries to hold the game hostage, Bloodwarden to punish exit gate trolls, A Nurse's Calling and Sloppy Butcher for Self-Care, Enduring for Decisive Strike. That's seven perks so far. Now all we need is more perk slots for Killer.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    Orion said:

Your opponent doesn't have to care which tactics you agree and disagree with. That's like going into a tennis tournament and demanding your opponents all hop on one foot while playing against you.

Camping already has a solution, but it requires work on the Survivors' behalf.

I understand that I "guess" I have to take one for the team in order for them to gen rush the killer, but the downside of this is that "I" "Me" "Myself" yes... I want to enjoy the game too. It's the killers that come into a trail purposely planning to camp the first person they see that pisses me off dude. 😡
  • TrAiNwReCk
    TrAiNwReCk Member Posts: 246

@AdánAR said:
    It's for the event dude. Events makes killers incredibly stupid and sweaty af. (like if they were paid for it, it's ridiculous) And all are running Franklin's (pathetic). I have my keys in case of emergency and i lost some 'cause of that idiot perk. Also teammates are so dumb too, nobody's does gens.

Events don't make killers stupid and sweaty. You should try gaining coin progress as the killer, I guarantee you wont try more than once because its near impossible to get more that 15-17 points per game at rank 1 as everyone is usually very efficient making games too quick and much more difficult for killer to gain event progression. A stealthy survivor can easily gain 45 points per game. Less so if the survivor is a moron.

You want to play Dead By Daylight as a toxic cry baby survivor? That's fine, as it is YOU need KILLERS to even be able to play. Grow up and open your eyes to the reality, not your lazy 5 second perception of why killers do what they do during events.

• Orion

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:
    I understand that I "guess" I have to take one for the team in order for them to gen rush the killer, but the downside of this is that "I" "Me" "Myself" yes... I want to enjoy the game too. It's the killers that come into a trail purposely planning to camp the first person they see that pisses me off dude. 😡

That's exactly the mentality that brought about camping as an issue. Survivors didn't want to bite the bullet, so instead they made camping worthwhile for Killers and blamed Killers for taking advantage of their bad plays.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Team coordination and perk Choice go a long way minimizing camping effectiveness. It's a strong defensive position which works when survivors aren't prepared for it. Which surprises me considering how often survivors like to complain about it. It sucks when it happens because nobody's going to help you, seems like a team coordination problem. Killer just doesn't want to repeat the same hassle.
  • TrAiNwReCk

@Orion said:

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

That's exactly the mentality that brought about camping as an issue. Survivors didn't want to bite the bullet, so instead they made camping worthwhile for Killers and blamed Killers for taking advantage of their bad plays.

Easy solution to being camped . .

Are you ready for this tactful insight ? ?

DON'T BE THE FIRST CAUGHT ! !

Bonus: YOU shouldn't camp for the save. Enjoy the game.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
    edited January 2019

@Orion

I think OP views it as a fun issue, not as a balance issue. Reminding him that something un fun is balanced isn't going to do much.

Aside from that, the balance of camping is not in your hands when you are the player being camped, making you the victim, despite knowing how to tackle it.
    This wouldn't have been a problem if a functional ranking system was in place as it would match you with survivors who have similar amounts of knowledge, but without it, there's no growing out of the issue of camping.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:
    Master said:

Maybe just switch to killer? Then you wont be camped (unless you count toxic survivors )

Oh no a survivor has a flashlight whatever shall I do... I know I'll just use Franklin's Demise! I play both Killer and Survivor dude... Maybe you should use the perk... It actually works or maybe you know... Lightborn!

Oh no a killer camps whatever shall I do... I know I'll just use Borrowed time! I play both Killer and Survivor dude... Maybe you should use the perk... It actually works or maybe you know... BT!

• Master

@Orion said:

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:
    Oh no a survivor has a flashlight whatever shall I do... I know I'll just use Franklin's Demise! I play both Killer and Survivor dude... Maybe you should use the perk... It actually works.

Franklin's Demise for flashlights, Ruin and NOED for genrush, Whispers for when the last Survivor tries to hold the game hostage, Bloodwarden to punish exit gate trolls, A Nurse's Calling and Sloppy Butcher for Self-Care, Enduring for Decisive Strike. That's seven perks so far. Now all we need is more perk slots for Killer.

Some survivors dont get it, but its a lost case

• OGlilSPOOK20
    Master said:

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:
    Master said:

Oh no a killer camps whatever shall I do... I know I'll just use Borrowed time! I play both Killer and Survivor dude... Maybe you should use the perk... It actually works or maybe you know... BT!

Oh no a survivor with BT is going to save that survivor... Whatever shall I do. I know! I'll just hit the survivor trying to save or pull them off! Or if it's end game... Noed! Maybe you should use the perk. It actually works.
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

You still get more points towards the coin as survivor for an "unsucessful" game than you do as a killer with a successful game. If you get downed right away and camped, Prem and Spine Chill lets you know when the killer is approaching. WoO also will help if you're weak in loops. Killers are more likely to leave you if you waste too much time. Just avoid being the first one down and run around covered in fire flies for a while, getting gens done as you go. c: You'll get plenty of points towards a coin, even if you don't make it out.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

PVP, buddy. Everyone will play as they want in order to achieve whatever goal they have in mind.

• Meme
    Meme Member Posts: 275

@Dreamnomad said:
    I'll tell you the same thing I told the other guy frustrated with playing a survivor. Try playing killer for a while if survivor is too frustrating. If that is too frustrating then perhaps this isn't the game for you.

I play both survivor and killer,that won't change the fact that tunneling and camping is boring and frustrating to deal with.

• Meme

@EntityDispleased said:

@AdánAR said:
    It's for the event dude. Events makes killers incredibly stupid and sweaty af. (like if they were paid for it, it's ridiculous) And all are running Franklin's (pathetic). I have my keys in case of emergency and i lost some 'cause of that idiot perk. Also teammates are so dumb too, nobody's does gens.

"Killers are not letting me win waaaaa waaaaa waaaaa :((((((((((((((((("

Found the killer main guys.

• Meme

@fluffybunny said:
    You still get more points towards the coin as survivor for an "unsucessful" game than you do as a killer with a successful game. If you get downed right away and camped, Prem and Spine Chill lets you know when the killer is approaching. WoO also will help if you're weak in loops. Killers are more likely to leave you if you waste too much time. Just avoid being the first one down and run around covered in fire flies for a while, getting gens done as you go. c: You'll get plenty of points towards a coin, even if you don't make it out.

So solution is to not do anything until you see that the killer is already in the middle of chasing someone else?

• Meme

@TrAiNwReCk said:

@AdánAR said:

Events don't make killers stupid and sweaty. You should try gaining coin progress as the killer, I guarantee you wont try more than once because its near impossible to get more that 15-17 points per game at rank 1 as everyone is usually very efficient making games too quick and much more difficult for killer to gain event progression. A stealthy survivor can easily gain 45 points per game. Less so if the survivor is a moron.

You want to play Dead By Daylight as a toxic cry baby survivor? That's fine, as it is YOU need KILLERS to even be able to play. Grow up and open your eyes to the reality, not your lazy 5 second perception of why killers do what they do during events.

Nice copy and paste.

• AdánAR
    AdánAR Member Posts: 118
    edited February 2019

@EntityDispleased said:

@AdánAR said:

"Killers are not letting me win waaaaa waaaaa waaaaa :((((((((((((((((("

"This event is so surv sided, everything in this game is surv sided waaa waaaa waaaa. I can only got kills tunneling ppl. Improving my skills? no way, survivors are so OP, so many pallets, and they all go SWF with their flashlights and DS. i'm gonna cry on reddit about it and camp ppl to feel better because i'm a killer main and i have no brain. I have a miserable life that's why i feel better being a douche killer muajajajaja"

• fluffybunny

@Meme said:

@fluffybunny said:

So solution is to not do anything until you see that the killer is already in the middle of chasing someone else?

Not even close to what I said. What you do highly depends on what you're having troubles with and where you skills lie. If you're weak with looping and routing, I would suggest practicing. If you're just being tunneled, work on a gen with a friend. There's a 50/50 chance the killer won't chase you if your routing is decent. I suggested prem/spine chill as you may know if the killer is approaching to start running for a safe area to loop/hide. You'll also know if the killer sees you (SC) or what direction they're coming from (Prem). There's other perks that can help you a lot. For instance, bond/empathy can show you if someone is running the killer around and if they're accidentally bringing the killer to you so that you can hide and wait for them to pass.

• Meme

@fluffybunny said:

@Meme said:

@fluffybunny said:

Not even close to what I said. What you do highly depends on what you're having troubles with and where you skills lie. If you're weak with looping and routing, I would suggest practicing. If you're just being tunneled, work on a gen with a friend. There's a 50/50 chance the killer won't chase you if your routing is decent. I suggested prem/spine chill as you may know if the killer is approaching to start running for a safe area to loop/hide. You'll also know if the killer sees you (SC) or what direction they're coming from (Prem). There's other perks that can help you a lot. For instance, bond/empathy can show you if someone is running the killer around and if they're accidentally bringing the killer to you so that you can hide and wait for them to pass.

I'm not weak in looping, in fact I usually loop them for my team to get 2-3 gens.I play solo survivor so maybe that is the issue.

• TrAiNwReCk

@Meme said:

@TrAiNwReCk said:

@AdánAR said:

Nice copy and paste.

Actually this was the original not a copy. Get your facts straight!

• fluffybunny

@Meme said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Meme said:

@fluffybunny said:

I'm not weak in looping, in fact I usually loop them for my team to get 2-3 gens.I play solo survivor so maybe that is the issue.

I play solo survivor and often have the killer peeling off me after a few chases. I would suggest also using tactics to gain distance and sneak away such as sneaking back through a window when LOS is broken, etc. Bond can be helpful when looking for teammates to be on gens with, though you risk the killer going after a weaker runner if with an ally that may be a weak runner.

• Meme

@fluffybunny said:

@Meme said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Meme said:

@fluffybunny said:

I play solo survivor and often have the killer peeling off me after a few chases. I would suggest also using tactics to gain distance and sneak away such as sneaking back through a window when LOS is broken, etc. Bond can be helpful when looking for teammates to be on gens with, though you risk the killer going after a weaker runner if with an ally that may be a weak runner.

Thanks man,I appreciate the friendly advice.

• fluffybunny

@Meme said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Meme said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Meme said:

@fluffybunny said:

Thanks man,I appreciate the friendly advice.

No problem. Good luck in your matches. c: Hope you get a lot of coins!

• Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533
    Even the insidious leatherfaces are here
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Fenrir said:
    Even the insidious leatherfaces are here

watching from the basement

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Observes someone else turd flinging

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    edited February 2019

@Dreamnomad said:

I switched to killer a long time ago and will never go back. It is far and above better and less frustrating than survivor. You don't depend on crap team members that do nothing, or sand bag. You dictate whether the killer is prick in the match or not, and tons more BP. I'll take it.

PS - Every match of survivor I have played today is a camper or a tunneler. It is absolutely unbareable gameplay.

• TrAiNwReCk

@Warlock_2020 said:

@Dreamnomad said:

I switched to killer a long time ago and will never go back. It is far and above better and less frustrating than survivor. You don't depend on crap team members that do nothing, or sand bag. You dictate whether the killer is prick in the match or not, and tons more BP. I'll take it.

PS - Every match of survivor I have played today is a camper or a tunneler. It is absolutely unbareable gameplay.

There's plenty to take into consideration on both sides. Killers can tunnel and camp, that is a poor plan for game play as you'll get far more blood points if you simply play the game as intended. None the less tunneling and camping are part of the game, but this event has blown it way out of proportion.

In a time limited event people will play however they need too in order to maximize return for the time spent. Which is why playing survivor is the best choice at the moment. More event progression per hour. After this event its back to 50/50 game time on both sides.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

@TrAiNwReCk said:

@Warlock_2020 said:

@Dreamnomad said:

There's plenty to take into consideration on both sides. Killers can tunnel and camp, that is a poor plan for game play as you'll get far more blood points if you simply play the game as intended. None the less tunneling and camping are part of the game, but this event has blown it way out of proportion.

In a time limited event people will play however they need too in order to maximize return for the time spent. Which is why playing survivor is the best choice at the moment. More event progression per hour. After this event its back to 50/50 game time on both sides.

Based on post game chat in a few survivor matches I was in, non of the killers cared about getting points. They only cared about denying survivors points. It is what it is. I get much more as a killer right now.

• TrAiNwReCk

@Warlock_2020 said:

@TrAiNwReCk said:

@Warlock_2020 said:

@Dreamnomad said:

Based on post game chat in a few survivor matches I was in, non of the killers cared about getting points. They only cared about denying survivors points. It is what it is. I get much more as a killer right now.

I hate to hear that's been your experience. Though you are not the first I read having this problem with the killer DCing and all to deny event points. Thankful I haven't ran into that as of yet, but things can change as this event drags on.

• BrendanLeeT
    BrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272

@AdánAR I don't know if you're baiting or not but you're being such a hypocrite. You're mocking killers because they "cry" too much but looking at your posts you seem to be the one crying right now. I don't know why you stick to the "Killer vs Survivor" mentality because it's not healthy for the community and you keep saying "You don't know me kid?" well that right there nulls your point in constantly calling people killer mains because you don't know them either, makes sense right?

You're literally complaining about Franklin's saying it's pathetic but what do survivors always say to killers who complain about items? Use Franklins! But when we end up using it we're pathetic?

You are clearly biased towards survivor and I'm going to say this like I say to everyone else: Perks are designed so you CAN use them, in my opinion using DS is pathetic because it's a get out of jail free card but I've never made a post on here about it because it's a perk, why shouldn't the survivors use it when it's made for them?

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    edited February 2019

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:
    I do not give a [BAD WORD] dude I've been camped and tunnelled multiple games in a row.

Even when there's still 3 or more gens left. Idgaf dude camping makes the game sooo [BAD WORD] boring and unplayable.

I only agree with camping when all gens are done and exit gates are open but this is ridiculous dude... I just wanna uninstall the game because it literally makes the game not even want to be played.

Come @ me idc anymore. Devs need to find a solution to this because it is not fun at all. It kills all motivation of playing the game.

Well...don't get hit and you won't get hooked.

• fluffybunny

@BrendanLeeT said:
    @AdánAR I don't know if you're baiting or not but you're being such a hypocrite. You're mocking killers because they "cry" too much but looking at your posts you seem to be the one crying right now. I don't know why you stick to the "Killer vs Survivor" mentality because it's not healthy for the community and you keep saying "You don't know me kid?" well that right there nulls your point in constantly calling people killer mains because you don't know them either, makes sense right?

You're literally complaining about Franklin's saying it's pathetic but what do survivors always say to killers who complain about items? Use Franklins! But when we end up using it we're pathetic?

You are clearly biased towards survivor and I'm going to say this like I say to everyone else: Perks are designed so you CAN use them, in my opinion using DS is pathetic because it's a get out of jail free card but I've never made a post on here about it because it's a perk, why shouldn't the survivors use it when it's made for them?

I second this. Toxicity breeds more toxicity and there's no point and being hostile and putting people on sides, regardless of if they're 100% on that side.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    AdánAR said:

You brought in a key an item that could essentially save you from a bad situation and get two or more people out of the game early and you're calling The Killers sweaty.

Now you're allowed to bring something just in case of emergencies but how dare the killer bring something to prevent annoying items
  • Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235
    Survivors:
    Rush gens, unhook vulture, escape with item

Killer:
    Track & Hook, be forced to hook&forget, find unmarked hopefully not picked up vessel befor the unhook.

Had only one of those event trial but i thonk kiler gameplay deviates more from the norm than survivor.
    And as always killer needs survivor offerings.
  • tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    AdánAR said:

He's a killer main dude, he hasn't no brain to think more even if he wanted to. He just repeats the same ######### that all killer mains says.

Guess what piece of crap? I don't care idiot, Rank means nothing omegalul are you the one who believe rank means skill? What a moron. Go to play the most op and unbalanced killer in the game to feel better about yourself crap killer main

Survivors only have 1 meta (Self-care, Exhaustion perk, DS/Adrenaline and WGLF/Borrowed Time) while killers have so many different options to use and learn...

Each different killer requires a different kind of playstyle, perks and mind-game depending on their powers, yet survivors just need to know how to hit skillchecks and follow a red light when looping... The only thing that actually requires skill is getting someone out of the hook when the killer is nearby and they complain because it's too hard... Calling killers braindead is just soo hypocrite.

I'm not defending camping here, but camping is the only time when I get nervous, and I like It. I actually enjoy trying to figure out with my friends how to get that guy out of the hook, It requires more than just clicking a button.

Camping already got an extreme nerf with the Borrowed Time buff and that's legit all It needed.

And another thing, if I were you I'd stop insulting everyone who doesnt agree with your thoughts, not only because you are probably gonna get banned, but because you lose all credibility. And if you are gonna say you dont care about "credibility" or "getting "banned" I have some questions for you. Why do you post things anyway? Just to insult people? 
  • PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

Oh no, a Killer is camping, what shall I do.

I know, I'll just finish gens and escape!

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

Find a friend to play with, that is all I can advice. Having one teammate to count on can make all the difference.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@Chi said:
    Find a friend to play with, that is all I can advice. Having one teammate to count on can make all the difference.

But Chi, SWF is unbeatable, are you really trying to advocate ruining the event for killers by suggesting you bring a friend along? SHAME!

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Someone needs to tunnel and camp that survivor some more
  • Master

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:
    Master said:

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

Master said:

Oh no a survivor with BT is going to save that survivor... Whatever shall I do. I know! I'll just hit the survivor trying to save or pull them off! Or if it's end game... Noed! Maybe you should use the perk. It actually works.

NOED? You mean that thing that fills a perkslot but can be easily countered such that it doesnt activate?