Unplayable Event

Options
NeaKarlsson
NeaKarlsson Member Posts: 40
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

just reverse the latest patch.
since you only get the points if YOU escape everyone just hides, and tries to go for the hatch. nobody saves you anymore because they dont want to lose their Vessel. its literally unplayable right now
it changed it from teamplay for the good of all survivors to selfish vessel camping and hiding while doing nothing just to get your own points which just makes this game even less fun than it already is.
reverse it and maybe lower it to 15 points but this right now is just ridiculous... you get rewarded for selfish behaviour and get punished for helping.

Comments

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
    Options

@NeaKarlsson said:
    since you only get the points if YOU escape everyone just hides, and tries to go for the hatch. nobody saves you anymore because they dont want to lose their Vessel. its literally unplayable right now
    it changed it from teamplay for the good of all survivors to selfish vessel camping and hiding while doing nothing just to get your own points which just makes this game even less fun than it already is.
    reverse it and maybe lower it to 15 points but this right now is just ridiculous... you get rewarded for selfish behaviour and get punished for helping.

For a temporary event, I find that quite interesting. I had a match against a clown where all 4 survivors kept hiding instead of doing the last gen, because they knew whoever would be caught would likely be the last hook.

Everyone started quite carefully poking gens and hiding, only slowly progressing through the last needed generator.
    You don't experience things like that too often. People play very self-consciously.

• Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533
    Options

Yeah i noticed that as well people kept leaving me to die even when i was on my first hook and it was multiple times too
  • WeaponXMetsu
    WeaponXMetsu Member Posts: 81
    Options

Honestly if that is how it is after the patch then they need to grow a pair. Gen rush is still the best way to get points. No matter what you need to work together and be satisfied with at least the 20 points. On the other hand I don't blame them, but if you're going to cause a problem like this and overextend the game then why on earth play survivor? If you have a 30 minute match you could play 3 maybe killer matches and make 45 points or more.

There is no call for leaving a teammate on first hook. It makes even less sense because if you leave them on the hook then you don't have as much opportunity to get gens done to get your basic 20 points. Without that "distraction" your plan for escape becomes less and less.

With that little rant... Yeah, I do agree that it brings out the greedy. However... it is interesting that Behavior didn't think the event through a whole lot. Sure killers get some points and even sometimes consistently. Maybe even some major ones to the good ones, but any more than 24 points is hard to imagine. I would like to see a lantern highlighted after hook. Hunting one down is too much out of the way if you don't know where they're at.

• Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673
    Options

@NeaKarlsson said:

The event is very good! The lobby simulation received a patch that bugged it for a while, i used to enjoy the lobby for about 40 mins on average, now that it got bugged after the event release, survivors appear on my lobby like rain drops on a storm, i can even dodge the ones that i dont want to play agaisnt!

I wish this event had an unlimited duration so i could keep playing the game, but as soon as it ends, we'll probably go back to the lobby simulation again...

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 993
    Options

@NeaKarlsson said:
    since you only get the points if YOU escape

Ummmm....WRONG!

Once one survivor has escaped with a vessel, all survivors alive at the time of the escape get credit for the vessel. If you’re talking about the 4,500 BP for escaping with a vessel, big whoop-to-doo. The only thing that matters is the 45 points that you get for the gens + vessel escape. Even if you die, you get points for the progress up to the point of your death. In case you don’t understand what that means, if you have a vessel and the exit gates are open, GET THE HELL OUT SO THAT EVERYONE GETS CREDIT!!!

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

@Kaelum said:

@NeaKarlsson said:

Ummmm....WRONG!

Once one survivor has escaped with a vessel, all survivors alive at the time of the escape get credit for the vessel. If you’re talking about the 4,500 BP for escaping with a vessel, big whoop-to-doo. The only thing that matters is the 45 points that you get for the gens + vessel escape. Even if you die, you get points for the progress up to the point of your death. In case you don’t understand what that means, if you have a vessel and the exit gates are open, GET THE HELL OUT SO THAT EVERYONE GETS CREDIT!!!

yea and if they make it out before you die you get the points too.

• WeaponXMetsu
    Options

I thought they were going to fix that. At least I read a mod said that they will :o

• MrMisanthropy66
    MrMisanthropy66 Member Posts: 167
    Options
    Then killers should get points for all the DCs
  • NeaKarlsson
    Options

@NekoGamerX said:

@Kaelum said:

@NeaKarlsson said:

Ummmm....WRONG!

"Fixed an issue that caused survivors to obtain progress on Lunar Event objective if a different survivor would escape with a lantern"
    if someone else escapes you dont get anything now and thats the point. that basically removed all the team play from this event

• NeaKarlsson
    Options

@MrMisanthropy66 said:
    Then killers should get points for all the DCs

I honestly wouldnt mind if killers would get some more points. you get just a few even for a perfect round with 12 hooks and all vessels destroyed.
    i wouldnt mind if they lowered the points for survivors either. i just want normal games with teamplay instead of people that just want to keep their vessel at all costs

• NeaKarlsson
    Options

@NekoGamerX said:

@Kaelum said:

@NeaKarlsson said:

Ummmm....WRONG!

not since the last patch

• NeaKarlsson
    Options

@WeaponXMetsu said:
    Honestly if that is how it is after the patch then they need to grow a pair. Gen rush is still the best way to get points. No matter what you need to work together and be satisfied with at least the 20 points. On the other hand I don't blame them, but if you're going to cause a problem like this and overextend the game then why on earth play survivor? If you have a 30 minute match you could play 3 maybe killer matches and make 45 points or more.

There is no call for leaving a teammate on first hook. It makes even less sense because if you leave them on the hook then you don't have as much opportunity to get gens done to get your basic 20 points. Without that "distraction" your plan for escape becomes less and less.

With that little rant... Yeah, I do agree that it brings out the greedy. However... it is interesting that Behavior didn't think the event through a whole lot. Sure killers get some points and even sometimes consistently. Maybe even some major ones to the good ones, but any more than 24 points is hard to imagine. I would like to see a lantern highlighted after hook. Hunting one down is too much out of the way if you don't know where they're at.

the whole event is designed bad itself. right now its basically survivor against survivor against killer. i'd love to see an event that requires teamplay or atleast rewards teamplay instead of punishing it

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options

@NeaKarlsson said:

The event is very good! The lobby simulation received a patch that bugged it for a while, i used to enjoy the lobby for about 40 mins on average, now that it got bugged after the event release, survivors appear on my lobby like rain drops on a storm, i can even dodge the ones that i dont want to play agaisnt!

I wish this event had an unlimited duration so i could keep playing the game, but as soon as it ends, we'll probably go back to the lobby simulation again...

Yeah. The lobby times have been outrageous. They need to do something about matchmaking. 
  • laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406
    Options

Please shut up!:
    The best event ever!!!!!
    the killer waiting lobbys now is amazing! so fast!!!!
    and this event force to surv to make gens! LOL!

JUST LOVE IT!!!

• NeaKarlsson
    Options

@laKUKA said:
    Please shut up!:
    The best event ever!!!!!

JUST LOVE IT!!!

I'm honestly not sure if we play the same game. also im not talking about queue times but about something else

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

@laKUKA said:
    Please shut up!:
    The best event ever!!!!!

JUST LOVE IT!!!

What did you smoke? Give me though <3

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    edited February 2019
    Options

@NekoGamerX said:

@Kaelum said:

@NeaKarlsson said:

Ummmm....WRONG!

"Fixed an issue that caused survivors to obtain progress on Lunar Event objective if a different survivor would escape with a lantern"
    if someone else escapes you dont get anything now and thats the point. that basically removed all the team play from this event

Oh you know that it shouldn't have been this way anyways.... like really? Someone who didn't make it is going to get the same progress as someone who did make it? It makes 0 sense... devs stated during the steam that it's supposed to be challenging to escape with the vessel and it really wasn't being that only 1 person had to escape with it 
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options
    laKUKA said:

Please shut up!:
    The best event ever!!!!!

JUST LOVE IT!!!

I actually feel the same way... like okay maybe killer doesn't get or has to work harder to get the 45 but my lobbies fill up fast AF................ how those 10-15 min lobby's doing surv?.... oh I just finished another game.... xD 
  • Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    edited February 2019
    Options

The only problem i have with this event is people thinking playing from the moon is good ping, The constant dodging as soon as 4 people show up, and the infinite loading screens and crashes. Oh but yes, people not saving complete strangers is more important.

• GabrielMad13
    GabrielMad13 Member Posts: 26
    Options
    I agree, the event idia is fun, but players are way too selfish.
  • NeaKarlsson
    Options

@Bravo0413 said:
    NeaKarlsson said:

@NekoGamerX said:

@Kaelum said:

@NeaKarlsson said:

Ummmm....WRONG!

Oh you know that it shouldn't have been this way anyways.... like really? Someone who didn't make it is going to get the same progress as someone who did make it? It makes 0 sense... devs stated during the steam that it's supposed to be challenging to escape with the vessel and it really wasn't being that only 1 person had to escape with it 

challenge is not a problem. but you get rewarded for selfish gameplay and punished for helping your teammates

• NekoGamerX
    Options

@NeaKarlsson said:

@Bravo0413 said:
    NeaKarlsson said:

@NekoGamerX said:

@Kaelum said:

@NeaKarlsson said:

Ummmm....WRONG!

challenge is not a problem. but you get rewarded for selfish gameplay and punished for helping your teammates

face facts it messed up on both side this event pretty much cash grab.

• NeaKarlsson
    Options

Also the game is not a single player game where a survivor just fights for himself. surviving means teamwork. rewarding an individual for getting out even if he didnt do anything or just sacrificed others for his own good i dont think that the event should reward him then.

• Peitschendaddy
    Peitschendaddy Member Posts: 3
    Options

This Event isnt worth to play. It makes really NO fun at all. As killer and as survivor its completely bullshit. You playing killer? Have fun with DC Survivor. You are low level killer? Have fun with 3-4 Instaheals, 4 Deadhards, 4 Dstrikes. All survivors are trolling the ######### out of you. That makes no fun. The toxicness on both sides raised so much.
    You are playing survivor? Killers DC before you can get out of the exit with the vessel. You get hooked? HF with facecamp. Its rly not enjoyable.

The motiviation to play this event isnt there. You have to waste 50k bloodpoints for one offering. You got it? You get facecamped and get nothing out of it. Not worth to play this event. Really not a great job.

• NekoGamerX
    Options

halloween event was better then this.

• WeaponXMetsu
    Options

Honestly, I think the event would be better if Killer was able to be more destructive towards the lanterns and only one has to escape with a lantern. Who knows though. Hopefully they'll make some changes for this event so the killer has a higher chance of at least getting 45 points because that seems like a lot of chance for killer.

I loved the halloween event! That was fun as survivor competing against the others to get your vial filled! I feel like that also was great at slowing the game down for killer. Killer was pretty fun with it too though.

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Options
    I agree this event was better when all survivors were rewarded for a lantern escape now everyone is so timid.my first surv game was against a leatherface and I was medic claudette. I did one Gen by the time 2 were downed and one was injured cause they grouped up together.  I saved one who was hooked and by the end of the game 3 of them were in the basement and I was working on the second generator. 2 of them effectively suicide for a basement save and whenno one did gens but me. Empathy is great for knowing whose a massive coward and one of them was rank 10.

Killer wasn't much better I was a splinter myers and they could have gotten all gems done but opted to hide instead with the last din with 3 Gens done the last having an afk crow.
  • ComelyStar
    ComelyStar Member Posts: 187
    Options

The change should definitely be reverted. Before survivors were actually working together against the killer... now its survivors vs survivors vs killers and that is NOT the point of the game!

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

@ComelyStar said:
    The change should definitely be reverted. Before survivors were actually working together against the killer... now its survivors vs survivors vs killers and that is NOT the point of the game!

Agreed. I thought I'd max out my Nea P3 at this event. But playing solo now is horrible. People just focus on gens rather than save u.

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Options
    Oh lord just play and move on to the next match, there is no way they should change it back it was totally unfair and renders the lamps pointless, may as well just give everyone 45 points for escaping.

This has been way more fun as a survivor for me, though not seen many games where people are just left on hook, but at the same tome they are preventing the killer from getting all their points too, by not unhooking so it’s not all bad to be left, plus you get the points for the gens while just hanging there 
  • NeaKarlsson
    Options

also to those saying that killer lobbies work now. guess what, survivor lobbies take about 10-20 minutes