The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Name the worst add-on or offering for killer

Speed limiter?? Chili?? Strode key?? Is it padded jaws?? Which one will be??

Comments

• Samayel
    Samayel Member Posts: 33

Smoking Splinter by far!

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

I'm starting to notice a pattern here lmao

• Condorloco_26

@EntityDispleased said:
    Definitely smoking splinter but other than that it's probably going to be the shroud of separation. It's like shooting yourself in the foot before running a marathon.

As for add ons it just has to be speed limiter. It turns your m2 ability into an m1 with extra steps. With padded jaws your ability still fulfills its purpose but it just makes it easier for survivors if they do escape before you get them.

You're so right. It's like asking to get gen rushed please

• Condorloco_26

Smoking splinter comes with the added benefit of being the most expensive too!

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

Speed Limiter for sure the worst Killer add-on.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

Without considering the splinters, the mist related bottles.

• makayla
    makayla Member Posts: 287

That one wraith addon that makes him have a terror radius while cloaked. I forgot what it's called but that addon sucks.
    Not as crappy as meme limiter, splinter or shroud, but felt like it should be mentioned anyway.

• makayla
    makayla Member Posts: 287

@EntityDispleased said:
    makayla said:

That one wraith addon that makes him have a terror radius while cloaked. I forgot what it's called but that addon sucks.

Not as crappy as meme limiter, splinter or shroud, but felt like it should be mentioned anyway.

It's actually a fun add on when paired with the one that suppresses your radius and red stain for 6 seconds. It mostly works on meme builds but it's still viable for a mind-gamey build. It's definitely not the worst though.

I've never tried that combo but it sounds funny. I used that addon once and the game sucked and haven't touched it since!
    I still think it's not the best addon, but that's probably because it left a sour taste in my mouth :blush:

• Condorloco_26

Has anyone ever burned a Strode key offering? Or a Yamaoka one?

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

Now that you all mention Padded Jaws, what happens if you pair it with Honing Stone? Which one takes priority?

• Condorloco_26

@EntityDispleased said:

It's actually a fun add on when paired with the one that suppresses your radius and red stain for 6 seconds. It mostly works on meme builds but it's still viable for a mind-gamey build. It's definitely not the worst though.

Will try that one. Never came to. my mind

• Condorloco_26

@PigNRun said:
    Now that you all mention Padded Jaws, what happens if you pair it with Honing Stone? Which one takes priority?

Interesting question. Will try that too...

• Samayel
    Samayel Member Posts: 33

@IamFran said:
    Without considering the splinters, the mist related bottles.

Yeah I only use them on hag and trapper and even then rarely.

• NurseMainBTW
    NurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531
    For nurse it's arguably bad man's last breath. It's sooo bad and doesn't synergies with anything else she has.

For general killer perks it has to be the splinters. The idea to try new killer's is actually great but without perks it's just bad.
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    What about pigs addons that "make skill checks more difficult" ? 
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    • Both Speed Limiters
    • Scrapped Tape
    • Workshop Grease
    • Razor Wires
    • Kavanagh's Last Breath
    • Jenner's Last Breath
    • "Bad Man's" Last Breath
    • "The Beast" - Soot
    • Black Splinter
    • Muddy Splinter
    • Shock Splinter
    • Bone Splinter
    • Smoking Splinter
    • Glass Splinter
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

@makayla said:

@EntityDispleased said:
    makayla said:

I've never tried that combo but it sounds funny. I used that addon once and the game sucked and haven't touched it since!
    I still think it's not the best addon, but that's probably because it left a sour taste in my mouth :blush:

I once played against a Wraith with that build... most of the time I didn't know what the hell was going on and I kept freaking out. Maybe not the most effective, but it's fun.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Purple fog. They are absolutely worthless as killer.

"But DUUUURRRRRRR you can use it for Wraith to hide him better"...

No I still see you very easily dude. You're just making it harder to find me. The only time this can even SLIGHTLY benefit you as killer is if you have aura reading add-ons, but even then if will be super hard to track survivors in a chase.

The most useless add-ons has to be any of the Nurse add-on that remove a blink. You turn a God tier killer into a ######### tier killer instantly.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Chili, at least speed limiter gives you something than nothing.

• Ihatelife

@Condorloco_26 said:

me as a survivor, strode's house is extremely good to looping windows with BL.

• thesuicidefox
    edited February 2019

@Ihatelife said:

@Condorloco_26 said:

I love using Strode Key as survivor. This map is the bane of most killers and BL opens up SO many loops at the buildings.

But as killer I absolutely cannot stand this map 🤣 Mainly because it creates serious frame rate issues for me, but also because it sucks for a lot of killers. However I found that it's actually a GOOD map for Trapper because he is the only one that can shut down the house loops with traps, on top of making it literally IMPOSSIBLE to go out onto the awnings.

• Condorloco_26

@Ihatelife said:

I meant as a killer burning that offering. I don't know, maybe a good Hag could benefit from that?

• Condorloco_26

@thesuicidefox said:

I love using Strode Key as survivor. This map is the bane of most killers and BL opens up SO many loops at the buildings.

But as killer I absolutely cannot stand this map 🤣 Mainly because it creates serious frame rate issues for me, but also because it sucks for a lot of killers. However I found that it's actually a GOOD map for Trapper because he is the only one that can shut down the house loops with traps, on top of making it literally IMPOSSIBLE to go out onto the awnings.

It stands at the top for having the most framerate issues. Playing Doc here is atrocious. Huntress gets short ended too. I agree with you on Trapper, though. Had a couple of good games there some time ago, trapping stairs and usual hiding places.

I still wouldn't burn the offering playing as him though, as I find The Game a better map for Trapper. All those dropzones...

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

TOMBSTONE

• thesuicidefox
    edited February 2019

@Condorloco_26 said:

@thesuicidefox said:

It stands at the top for having the most framerate issues. Playing Doc here is atrocious. Huntress gets short ended too. I agree with you on Trapper, though. Had a couple of good games there some time ago, trapping stairs and usual hiding places.

I still wouldn't burn the offering playing as him though, as I find The Game a better map for Trapper. All those dropzones...

I've been a Trapper "main" since the last reset and I find it very interesting that despite being a very middle tier killer, unlike literally every other killer in the game he has no "bad maps". Maps that would be considered bad for other killers are neutral or even good for him just because he can shut down the strong loops. For example, I hate Grim Pantry as most killers, but for Trapper you can make the main building, shack, and the tiny house VERY unsafe and negate the advantages the map normally brings for survivors. TBH the map I have the most trouble with as Trapper is Shelter Woods only because there's no real "great" spot to set traps. It's shack or jungle gyms. Still very neutral for him.

Even the Game where his traps are easily seen can be a neutral map for him. Put a trap in the doorway of the bathroom and anyone that you chase through the hole is cornered. Put a trap at the top of the steps to the "pig shredder" drop point and you will almost always catch someone. Put traps in doorways to blood room or freezer and you will probably catch people. Plus he can also just put traps at pallets like normal.

• Ihatelife

@Condorloco_26 said:

@Ihatelife said:

I meant as a killer burning that offering. I don't know, maybe a good Hag could benefit from that?

I think trapper would be better

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    edited February 2019
    All mist offerings except the clear one
  • Condorloco_26

@thesuicidefox said:
    I've been a Trapper "main" since the last reset and I find it very interesting that despite being a very middle tier killer, unlike literally every other killer in the game he has no "bad maps". Maps that would be considered bad for other killers are neutral or even good for him just because he can shut down the strong loops. For example, I hate Grim Pantry as most killers, but for Trapper you can make the main building, shack, and the tiny house VERY unsafe and negate the advantages the map normally brings for survivors. TBH the map I have the most trouble with as Trapper is Shelter Woods only because there's no real "great" spot to set traps. It's shack or jungle gyms. Still very neutral for him.

Even the Game where his traps are easily seen can be a neutral map for him. Put a trap in the doorway of the bathroom and anyone that you chase through the hole is cornered. Put a trap at the top of the steps to the "pig shredder" drop point and you will almost always catch someone. Put traps in doorways to blood room or freezer and you will probably catch people. Plus he can also just put traps at pallets like normal.

Yeah I've been playing him a lot lately and managed to do well. Gave him spirit fury, enduring and brutal strength, and turn into a chase machine when I'm not trapping the place to oblivion. Agree on swamp maps. Trapped 9 times in Pale Rose once.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

Never thought about it but owning all the DLC means you never have to deal with splinter offerings, so your bloodwebs are less cluttered. I would say the pied piper/farms offerings are my most hated addons besides mist.