If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

How Ace and Fengs cosmetics fit into their lore.

Options
Detective_Jonathan
Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
edited February 2019 in Lore

Now as someone who actually cares about the lore of this game. I did some digging and started to theorize how Ace and Fengs cosmetics fit into their own lore.

Ace Visconti: Now, Ace is a little bit of a tricky one, but from what i can gather is that this was the rise of fame for the Lucky Gambler, this is where things started looking out for him, when he took this trip he made it big, and judging from his clothes, He really hit the jackpot. He was shown to be quite the specimen among those in the Macau, always telling him to go all in, and of course he would, because he knew the luck was on his side. However, this is also where it would go downhill, At this point Ace would run into the Triads, (Who i believe were the people who were originally after him before he was taken to the realm of The Entity) Ace would end up betting against them, and loosing, This time, the luck was not on his side. And with the amount of money that he betted against them, They were looking for payment, but Ace was not one to give it up. This would then lead to a wild goose chase, with Ace staying one step of The Triads, every step of the way.

Feng Min: With Feng min it was actually pretty easy, this was the point when she is at the height of her career. Before she became addicted to gaming and it took a hold of her, The way i see it is that this whole parade was basically a get-together of famous people in china, and she was one of them. This was all before her career came to a drastic close.

Post edited by Detective_Jonathan on

Comments

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,152
    Options

Just one slight issue I have with Ace: The Yakuza are Japanese, not Chinese.
    You should exhange Yakuza for Triads, which are from Hong Kong, Taiwan AND Macau, which you have put into your backstory of Ace.
    That and I have no clue why Ace would be in China in the first place, since he is Argentinian/Italian.

Otherwise, pretty good.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Options

@VolantConch1719 said:
    Just one slight issue I have with Ace: The Yakuza are Japanese, not Chinese.
    You should exhange Yakuza for Triads, which are from Hong Kong, Taiwan AND Macau, which you have put into your backstory of Ace.
    That and I have no clue why Ace would be in China in the first place, since he is Argentinian/Italian.

Otherwise, pretty good.

Good call, I always thought they were Chinese. Thanks for letting me know.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,152
    Options

No problem

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    Options
    I doubt those cosmetics are lore-related. More like they related to Chinese New Year.
    Its really easy.
    Feng Min got traditional chinese dress, cause she is Chinese herself.
    Ace got his skin, cause Chinese New Year heavily connected with luck and good fortune. As we know, Ace is kinda represents luck.
    Huntress got her skin, cause she already had some animal-themed masks. And, well, cause Pig can't really get new skin, since Amanda is licensed character. 
  • Detective_Jonathan
    Options

@Rattman said:
    I doubt those cosmetics are lore-related. More like they related to Chinese New Year.
    Its really easy.
    Feng Min got traditional chinese dress, cause she is Chinese herself.
    Ace got his skin, cause Chinese New Year heavily connected with luck and good fortune. As we know, Ace is kinda represents luck.
    Huntress got her skin, cause she already had some animal-themed masks. And, well, cause Pig can't really get new skin, since Amanda is licensed character. 

Well unlike you, i just like to delve deep into the lore of certain things, i did the same thing with The Nurse and The Wraith when their cosmetics were released, since the devs are making this up as they go. I just like to give them some input on how to make a good story. :chuffed:

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    Options
    Well, you making this up too. Its not the same thing as going deep, since all you said is assumption.
  • Detective_Jonathan
    Options

@Rattman said:
    Well, you making this up too. Its not the same thing as going deep, since all you said is assumption.

Well some people like to be creative instead of not coming up with anything for show. If you know what i mean ;)