The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

why was i against a rank 20?

i just had a game as survivor against a rank 20 killer even though i'm a rank 11 survivor. all the other survivors where around about the killers rank and i was playing buy myself. can anyone explain this or is the game just a bit broken? i'm on PS4 if that helps. i have seen other things like this but never this bad and i really don't want it to continue because killers don't deserve to put up with it. i didn't take a picture of the end screen because i wasn't sure weather i was gonna ask about it on the forums.

sorry if i put this in the wrong category. i'm not sure where it should go.

Comments

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 699
    A part of it may be there are more survivors than Killers playing, so the game is struggling to keep matches even.
  • XxAtomicAlfiexX
    XxAtomicAlfiexX Member Posts: 395

@TatsuiChiyo said:
    A part of it may be there are more survivors than Killers playing, so the game is struggling to keep matches even.

load times are long so there might be less killers. that doesn't explain why i went so far back. it would explain why i went back though so thanks for the suggestion.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Probably because you can't lose rank when you are below 15. So at this time of season there probably isn't many rank 20 survivors to play against. So if that killer is waiting too long to fill their lobby, eventually the match making will widen the ranks it looks for until it fills the lobby.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:
    i just had a game as survivor against a rank 20 killer even though i'm a rank 11 survivor. all the other survivors where around about the killers rank and i was playing buy myself. can anyone explain this or is the game just a bit broken? i'm on PS4 if that helps. i have seen other things like this but never this bad and i really don't want it to continue because killers don't deserve to put up with it. i didn't take a picture of the end screen because i wasn't sure weather i was gonna ask about it on the forums.

sorry if i put this in the wrong category. i'm not sure where it should go.

BHVR matchmaking, thats why

• Broosmeister
    Broosmeister Member Posts: 281
    Me and a friend were both rank 4 and faced a rank 20 Huntress, i felt so bad :(
  • XxAtomicAlfiexX

@Broosmeister said:
    Me and a friend were both rank 4 and faced a rank 20 Huntress, i felt so bad :(

that's how i feel. but i'm not good enough to be rank 4. the killer i was against just so happened to be a huntress as well.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    This happens a lot to me on PS4 after a long wait, think it just shoves me in any lobby regardless of rank. If its a new killer (you can tell) i usually just let him kill me at the end as i feel bad for him. 
  • Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

SWF Maybe?
    Happens to me all the time, Since I passed rank 11 I'm playing against red ranks constantly and probably one person with the same rank as me. Makes it hard for killers to rank up and learn when they're matched with SWF Red ranks.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX

@Bongbingbing said:
    SWF Maybe?
    Happens to me all the time, Since I passed rank 11 I'm playing against red ranks constantly and probably one person with the same rank as me. Makes it hard for killers to rank up and learn when they're matched with SWF Red ranks.

you only got red ranks past past rank 11? i got them at rank 13.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX

@HawkAyeTheNoo said:
    This happens a lot to me on PS4 after a long wait, think it just shoves me in any lobby regardless of rank. If its a new killer (you can tell) i usually just let him kill me at the end as i feel bad for him. 

i spoke to the killer after the match to say sorry (for being in there game) and they told me they got the game 3 days ago. i gave them tips and told them some places to go to get some help if they need it (mainly YouTube videos)

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

@Bongbingbing said:
    SWF Maybe?

It's the woooooorst. I really really hate being matched with red ranks, honestly. Sometimes they're not too bad, and at the end of the game I'm like, 'ah yeah that explains that.' But most of the time they're just kind of ######### that are running around teabagging after pallets and making the game generally unenjoyable. Like, cool, glad I'm wasting my time on this.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX

@mintchapstick said:

@Bongbingbing said:
    SWF Maybe?

It's the woooooorst. I really really hate being matched with red ranks, honestly. Sometimes they're not too bad, and at the end of the game I'm like, 'ah yeah that explains that.' But most of the time they're just kind of ######### that are running around teabagging after pallets and making the game generally unenjoyable. Like, cool, glad I'm wasting my time on this.

i felt how you feel a lot which took my enjoyment out of playing killer and now i just skip swf because it always puts me with people from far higher ranks that i cant deal with. i use to main killer and enjoy the games but now i cant be bothered and stick to survivor.

• GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
    Don’t forget, this is a BHVR game, don’t expect to enjoy it or allow others to enjoy it!
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    "wOrkInG aS iNTenDeD" I guess 
  • UwU
    UwU Member Posts: 50

Ranking system is #########, I get queued with rank 18's and rank 15's on the daily and I'm a rank 4.

• TrAiNwReCk
    TrAiNwReCk Member Posts: 246

I could be wrong, but it seems SWF groups can really booger up logical rank matching within a lobby. Outside of a 4-man group. Obviously a 4 man can be whatever levels are within.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Same here

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

Don't worry, it will still happen when event is over.

Rank is arbitrary this game.