The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

4th or 5th time same complaint

yes I'm sensative, not going to change.

So 5th goes down right before I hook someone, far from the exit.

What is the correct play?

1.Chase surv that are more than likely to open gate and save surf on hook?
2.Patrol hook?
3. Sit in corner and cry?

I really don't care much for rank, but as always I like do well. I do love those blood points.

I really hate being called names end game chat. when I'm just trying make the game as fun and challenging for me and survivors. I also want to make the game challenging and not an easy win for the survivors either.

I play hard, I generally don't patrol hook (this situation excluded) I do my best to hook all the survivors (unless someone is clearly going to completely waist my time, or someone keeps being an obvious target).

Comments

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

If you're sensitive just turn off chat imo

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

Well, most would say to watch the hooked target with the gates unlocked in order to catch people at the end and guarantee that hook sacrifice. If they're on the other side, though, they might try to stay and see, giving you time to go and either get them or scare them out. I'd leave the hook and let some brave person rescue, since often people just run out expecting a facecamp.

I also play Survivor a lot more so I understand the feeling of being that last hook, watching with no hope as teammates run through the exit. People are genuinely surprised when the killer leaves the last victim to chase exit gate operators. I feel like if you're at least trying to prevent them from opening the gates, you're doing your job as killer.

• Lillika
    Lillika Member Posts: 38

@Coriander said:
    Well, most would say to watch the hooked target with the gates unlocked in order to catch people at the end and guarantee that hook sacrifice. If they're on the other side, though, they might try to stay and see, giving you time to go and either get them or scare them out. I'd leave the hook and let some brave person rescue, since often people just run out expecting a facecamp.

I also play Survivor a lot more so I understand the feeling of being that last hook, watching with no hope as teammates run through the exit. People are genuinely surprised when the killer leaves the last victim to chase exit gate operators. I feel like if you're at least trying to prevent them from opening the gates, you're doing your job as killer.

Thanx for the insight. I often feel very very conflicted in this situation. I wonder if it is in fact better to chase the other 3. My goal is to make the game challenging win or lose, engage all of them, and get blood points, while I don't care about rank much, de pipping feels bad and pipping feels good. I just also worry that if I go mindlessly chasing in this situation it will be too EZ for them, and having someone say EZ at the end of a match is basically as bad as being called CAMPER, I guess its a judgement call where the likely hood of being called EZ is probably less than being called CAMPER.

As for @Might_Oakk turning end game chat off is not an option because this is a social game.

• Milkymalk
    Milkymalk Member Posts: 221

I would stay close to the hook and not leave unless I see a mildly good chase offered. Not someone teabagging at 50m distance, but someone I could realistically catch before he reaches the exit gate. If I give chase and he sprint bursts away or starts bullshit like looping me around timewasters, I return to the hook.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301

@Lillika

Camping the hook is the correct behaviour in this case. That is what you should do in game.
    Outside of the game, you should try to get the Safe-Zone effect fixed, that makes survivors unkillable when they are in the healthy state within about a 20 meter proximity of the exit gates.

Killers actually don't want to camp, but as long as the safe-zone effect exists, they really don't have much of a choice of they don't have any insta-downs into their kit.

It's a flaw in game-design. If you are the killer you shouldn't feel responsible for camping, since you did not create the safe-zone effect that prevents you from effectively chasing people once the exit gates are open.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Just ignore them bro. If it were me, I would probably think you're a decent killer no matter your decisions.

Other Survivors are just a bunch of big wussies that cry when they die and actually have to use their brain to win.

Ignore them, play for YOU man. Trust me, start NOW
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Lillika said:
    yes I'm sensative, not going to change.

So 5th goes down right before I hook someone, far from the exit.

What is the correct play?

1.Chase surv that are more than likely to open gate and save surf on hook?
    2.Patrol hook?
    3. Sit in corner and cry?

I really don't care much for rank, but as always I like do well. I do love those blood points.

I really hate being called names end game chat. when I'm just trying make the game as fun and challenging for me and survivors. I also want to make the game challenging and not an easy win for the survivors either.

I play hard, I generally don't patrol hook (this situation excluded) I do my best to hook all the survivors (unless someone is clearly going to completely waist my time, or someone keeps being an obvious target).

1. Tunneling
    2. Camping
    3. afk deranking

Neither of this options is allowed by survivors, you are supposed to try catching them, but dont actually kill them.