The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Billy, LF, and Nurse (Ultra Rares)

Swiftblade131
Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

So let's get this out of the way really quick. All 3 of the killers listed in the title do not have Ultra Rare addons.

Now that being said, Nurse does not need Ultra Rare addons, for obvious reasons. Hell, she doesn't even need addons in general, but that's another discussion. So we will leave this here.

As it stands - # of Ultra Rares
Trapper - 2
Hag - 2
Doctor - 1
Freddy - 2
Myers - 2
Legion - 2
Huntress - 1
Pig - 2
Clown - 2
Wraith - 2
Spirit - 2
Leather Face - 0
Hill Billy - 0

As you can see, Doctor and Huntress have only 1 Ultra Rare. Leather Face and Hill Billy do not have an Ultra Rare. Why might this be? It is obviously linked to the chainsaw, since both wield a chainsaw for their killer power. So what could we do?

To get started we can give both of them at least one Ultra Rare. An Ideal world would be they all have 2 Ultra Rares, but I think that would be harder to do, and there is also enough complaining about current Ultra Rares. A perhaps better idea is to make sure every current killer and future killer will have only ONE Ultra Rare addon, I believe this would be easier and more fair.

Nurse will probably be the only acception to to this rule. I know, not very fair, and maybe one that does not effect the amount of blinks and/or distance could have a case made for it, but I have no ideas.
But I do have a few ideas for the chainsaw in general, since many of Leather Face and Hill Billie's addons are similar a few being made specifically for their power.

So here are the few ideas

1. Chainsaw continues through Pallets
  2. Silent Chainsaw
  3. Tremendously reduces the time penalty when bumping into objects

These could be applied to both Leather Face and Hill Billy, but preferably would be that they both get a separate and unique one.

I personally think that, Silent Chainsaw fits for Hill Billy and would not be to horribly strong.
Chainsaw continues through pallets, I think would be a bit to strong on Hill Billy, but I believe it would be pretty fair on Leather Face, not to mention I think it kind of fits him more.

What do you all think of Ultra Rare addons in general? Think all killers should have 1, 2, or none at all? Any kind of addons you would like to see for the killers?

Comments

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Hillbilly ultra rare: Start your chainsaw attack in 0.5 seconds combined with a moderately reduced cooldown at the expense of speed (movement speed 150% instead of 230%)

Leatherface ultra rare: Start your chainsaw attack in 0.5 seconds and swing as long as you hold the button at the expense of speed (107% with no further acceleration) and a moderately increased cooldown. I know 107% sounds slow as hell but just imagine a leatherface swinging infinitely behind you coming closer and closer. Also it could still be combined with beast marks. The increased cooldown would be neccessary as some leatherfaces would just run through the map swinging all the time which would get annoying otherwise.

Just a thought.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited February 2019

Leatherface ultra rare:
    Press M3 and teleport a survivor onto a basement hook

Just a thought :sarcastic:

• Swiftblade131

@Master said:
    Leatherface ultra rare:
    Press M3 and teleport a survivor onto a basement hook

Just a thought :sarcastic:

Could be an Ultra Rare for Hag teleport to a trap while holding a survivor :naughty:

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Yamaoka said:
    Hillbilly ultra rare: Start your chainsaw attack in 0.5 seconds combined with a moderately reduced cooldown at the expense of speed (movement speed 150% instead of 230%)

Leatherface ultra rare: Start your chainsaw attack in 0.5 seconds and swing as long as you hold the button at the expense of speed (107% with no further acceleration) and a moderately increased cooldown. I know 107% sounds slow as hell but just imagine a leatherface swinging infinitely behind you coming closer and closer. Also it could still be combined with beast marks. The increased cooldown would be neccessary as some leatherfaces would just run through the map swinging all the time which would get annoying otherwise.

Just a thought.
    I don't see why the MS has to drop so low.... wow 
  • Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Bravo0413 said:
    Yamaoka said:

Just a thought.
    I don't see why the MS has to drop so low.... wow 
    Swinging infinitely and immediately would allow him to follow survivors through every corner corner of the map during his chainsaw attack so a slow movement speed actually makes it easier not to hit a wall and obstacles while giving the survivor a fair chance of getting to a vault or pallet. Think of the badham preschool map stairs.

You play Leatherface and chase someone down the stairs while charging the chainsaw. Usually you'd miss most of the time as you have to run around the vault during the chainsaw attack and if the survivor runs straight forward you gotta go right-left-right which creates a distance far too big for Bubba's chainsaw attack.

With the ultra rare addon you'd need be able to actually cover the entire distance and break through the pallets down there (depending on the RNG) if you don't bump into a wall or down the survivor right away making this addon incredibly strong even @ 107% chainsaw speed.
  • HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    I never understood the discussion of ultra rare addons. What if they would change tuning guide or +2 blinks to an ultra rare? The discussion would never happen. I think it's more important to discuss the addons itself instead of the rarity.
  • KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747
    Give Hillbilly/Leatherface an UR that lets them shred pallets that havent been thrown down yet. 
  • Swiftblade131
    edited February 2019

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    I never understood the discussion of ultra rare addons. What if they would change tuning guide or +2 blinks to an ultra rare? The discussion would never happen. I think it's more important to discuss the addons itself instead of the rarity.

Does't matter to me either way.

What matters is that all the killers except for LF and Billy have a bunch of addons, that standout compared to the rest, with extreme changes to their power or extreme drawbacks and rewards hence "Ultra Rare".

While you could say it's a good thing that Billy and LF are pretty consistent with their addons, it makes for a lack of creativity.

Not sure why there are so many downers..

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i have made a whole post about ultra rare add on suggestions myself.
    i'll link my post here if you are interested:
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/31892/new-ultra-rare-add-ons-for-killers-ideas#latest