Fix We're Gonna Live Forever!

Options
Loit
Loit Member Posts: 61

Need to stop rewarding tokens for removing someone off a hook.

Tokens should only be rewarded for a safe unhook. Please don't reward bad behavior with bonus points.

Otherwise you encourage players to do things like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K12RsVN_uu0

Comments

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    I would take safe unhooks in exchange for also allowing heals to count too just so those unsafe hooks aren’t unsafe because David 1 wanted to beat David 2 to the bp fountain. Maybe also add a co op bp incentive too for fun and different perk builds like a wglf/aftercare/botany/prove thyself set up. 
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

I thought they were going to do that when they made the changes. Maybe they just haven't yet? But I agree, it should be rewarded for safe unhooks and not just any unhooks.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650
    edited February 2019
    Options

@Loit said:
    Need to stop rewarding tokens for removing someone off a hook.

Tokens should only be rewarded for a safe unhook. Please don't reward bad behavior with bonus points.

Did you check if the killer and survivor were friends because it looks like they were working together, which is bannable.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,643
    Options

Yeah, it looks more like working together for me. He had no intent to follow the injured person but wanted to hook the Meg.

Also he stepped back instead of trying to hit or grab the Feng before the Unhook.

• GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
    Options
    It should be safe unhooks, no doubt. Knowing that this is BHVR, don’t expect anything
  • KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747
    Options
    I would be fine with safe unhooks awarding 2 tokens while regular unhooks award 0.
  • JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    Options
    KingB said:
    I would be fine with safe unhooks awarding 2 tokens while regular unhooks award 0.
    Or -1 tokens for a unsafe unhook, I'm sick of getting farmed.
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

@KingB said:

I think this is a pretty neat idea. WGLF is a long standing problem along with BBQ DC tokens. I don't understand why the devs don't take action to make the game better. It wouldn't even affect the balance.

Give killers stacks for DCs.

Give survivors the ability of getting tokens from healings and 2 tokens for safe, 0 tokens for unsafe hooks.

It wouldn't hurt anybody imo.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

@Delfador said:

@KingB said:

I think this is a pretty neat idea. WGLF is a long standing problem along with BBQ DC tokens. I don't understand why the devs don't take action to make the game better. It wouldn't even affect the balance.

Give killers stacks for DCs.

Give survivors the ability of getting tokens from healings and 2 tokens for safe, 0 tokens for unsafe hooks.

It wouldn't hurt anybody imo.

I think you should get your token if someone DCs and you haven't hooked them yet. I like those ideas for WGLF, too. Alternatively, I think you should lose tokens for unsafe unhooks, though just not getting tokens would help with farming and stuff I think.