The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Wonder why there are no PS4 killers...

Going for Evil Incarnate achievement.  Very difficult at low ranks.  Had a great game got 3 killed last one caught before hatch and he disconnected in my hands.  No achievement.  Shame that I get penalized for a scumbag tactic.  Why are there no PS4 killers?  Things like this.  Good Game!

Comments

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    I can't remember how often I had to try this until finally no one disconnected. 
    But it took me a long time. 
  • NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

I believe this special case is also a problem on PC.

The devs should change this achievement so that you still get it when someone dc's.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,888
    edited February 2019

I'm a PS4 player and I got it. To say it wasn't easy to get would be an understatement. Toughest achievement I've had to get on Dbd.

Did you start the kill animation before the player dc'ed? Because when I got mine two out of the four survivors rage quit right in the middle of the kill animation, but it still gave me the achievement. So I assumed that once the kill animation starts it counts as a kill.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Cue the "killers can be toxic too!" crowd who completely ignore the problem...

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Tsulan said:

I tried about 15-20 times, then I gave up.
    I will try again once BHVR gets their shiat together and punishes DCing

• Broosmeister
    Broosmeister Member Posts: 281
    Orion said:

Ehm, it's mostly the other way around.
  • Tsulan

@Master said:

@Tsulan said:

When i finally got it, i didn´t even pip. The game is not consistent on what we have to do to get an achievement and what we are supposed to do to rank up.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Bit off topic but does anybody know if the Devs released stats on Killer/Survivor Ratios I'd love to see how it is on each platform and overall.

• Master

@Tsulan said:

@Master said:

@Tsulan said:

When i finally got it, i didn´t even pip. The game is not consistent on what we have to do to get an achievement and what we are supposed to do to rank up.

Yeah I managed to only safetypip while 4king when I moried with devour...

Sometimes you can just facepalm

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

I'm still trying to get mine on PS4. They DC almost as soon as the first or second hits the ground. Keep trying now that bans are in place maybe that will help?

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Broosmeister said:
    Orion said:

Ehm, it's mostly the other way around.

I won't get into a debate because both sides can be equally as toxic however its statistically more likely that you will have a "toxic" survivor than Killer in a match due to it being 1v4.

• Broosmeister
    Broosmeister Member Posts: 281

I won't get into a debate because both sides can be equally as toxic however its statistically more likely that you will have a "toxic" survivor than Killer in a match due to it being 1v4.

Point is, if there are only 1 or 2 toxic survivors that means you can either ignore them or try hard and get them, you are faster and more powerful after all.

When you get hardcore camped and tunneled, there is no escape, there is no chance. The whole game loses it's tempo and fun factor.

But people immediately wave toxic behaviour from killers away to ######### about survivors being toxic. So you get main survivors vs main killers.

I play both and my experience with killers is way worse than my experience with toxic survivors. Only a 3 or 4 man SWF squad who are good at looping and doing objectives can make it the killer very difficult, while a bad killer can make it impossible for 1 survivor unless that survivor runs him around for 5 gens and gets to an open exit gate in time. 
  • Master

@fcc2014 said:
    I'm still trying to get mine on PS4. They DC almost as soon as the first or second hits the ground. Keep trying now that bans are in place maybe that will help?

"Banns" (you will never get banned for dcing even if you regularly derank, see jendenise) didnt help on PC, so why would they help on PS4?

• Gemasuda
    Gemasuda Member Posts: 70
    For those who want to see my experience.  Here is the match.

https://youtu.be/zZT_fJw9O8g
  • antgnstea
    antgnstea Member Posts: 869
    When I got mine I thanked everyone who was still in the chat. Because most of my failed attempts was due to disconnects or intentional locker hides. They just run to the locker knowing you can’t mori them. And just to stick it to you I imagine. 
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    They're little ps4 killers because of the fact that the optimization is a bit rough... its better then what it was but it's not at all as good as it could be
  • fcc2014

@Master said:

@fcc2014 said:

"Banns" (you will never get banned for dcing even if you regularly derank, see jendenise) didnt help on PC, so why would they help on PS4?

I still have some hope.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

@Tsulan said:

I can pip without even getting a single sacrifice. It's weird. I do just about everything else to get it, though. 8 hooks and lots of chasing/destroying. I almost always have fun matches as killer, even with new players.

• Tsulan
    Coriander said:

@Tsulan said:

I can pip without even getting a single sacrifice. It's weird. I do just about everything else to get it, though. 8 hooks and lots of chasing/destroying. I almost always have fun matches as killer, even with new players.

Sounds like low rank gameplay. 8 hooks without a kill is something I can only afford on low ranks. Not on high ranks. 
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    Tsulan said:
    Did it on my second attempt. 🤷
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    edited February 2019
    There's troll players in every video game. If the devs really cared they could simply make it so when a survivor DCs they leave behind a motionless body that can be hooked and morid. Then people would stop complaining about "stolen" BBQ stacks and such.
  • RetroHelix
    RetroHelix Member Posts: 15

Got it on my first attempt.

Tbh your build makes no sense for a Tombstone Myers

• Master

@Tsulan said:
    Coriander said:

@Tsulan said:

Sounds like low rank gameplay. 8 hooks without a kill is something I can only afford on low ranks. Not on high ranks. 

Or a farming game

• Tsulan
    Tsulan said:
    Did it on my second attempt. 🤷
    Damn, you're lucky.
  • Tsulan
    Master said:

@Tsulan said:
    Coriander said:

@Tsulan said:

Or a farming game

Those still exist?
  • dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 568

yeah i had plenty of dcs or a few hatch escapes. but i managed it on pc ah i remember it well the final one. i heard bill try to flashlight stun me in the animation of moring feng min lol. bill was the last one on haddonfield. was not too stressful either. probably rare for it to not be a chore or pain in the ass for most lol

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850

Got it first try on PS4 around rank 6. Actually wasn't trying, just using up all the good addons/offerings before prestiging :lol:

Hopefully game bans finally being active on console will clear out some of the constant DCs and you'll have better luck in the future.

PS4 does need more killers though, insane survivor lobby waits vs instant killer lobbies at any rank is kinda bunk. Some of us just want to play both :(

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Stupid achievement is stupid. How the devs didn't foresee the BS that comes with getting it is beyond me.

• fcc2014

@RuneStarr said:
    Got it first try on PS4 around rank 6. Actually wasn't trying, just using up all the good addons/offerings before prestiging :lol:

Hopefully game bans finally being active on console will clear out some of the constant DCs and you'll have better luck in the future.

PS4 does need more killers though, insane survivor lobby waits vs instant killer lobbies at any rank is kinda bunk. Some of us just want to play both :(

The framerate has been garbage for so long that is why on PS4 we don't see as many nurses in the red ranks as PC does.

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850

@fcc2014 said:

@RuneStarr said:

The framerate has been garbage for so long that is why on PS4 we don't see as many nurses in the red ranks as PC does.

I legit have played maybe 6 nurses total (outside of KYF nights) in over 1k hours on PS4, so then I try playing her myself and the FPS issues make me so nauseous on both the ps4 slim and pro :(

It's kind of nice at the same time though. It's a pleasant change having actual killer variety when you play survivor beyond the Billy/Nurse meta on PC, it is one of the biggest benefits of playing console over PC imo.