What the actual hell, Legion is so not fun to play against.

Options
Just played a match with a Legion that attacked you twice and would walk around you until you were downed. You can’t counter it, because then they hit you. 

Never understood the hate, but after multiple franks mixtapes and this? 0 counterplay, and require 0 skill.

Comments

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857
    Options

@AlexAnarchy said:
    wow, a purple addon that you don't see on every single legion out there makes them impossible to win against...

Just remember, the devs made legion to be a fun killer, not a balanced one...another pretty good job so far on the thinking department..

Because iridescent head is so fun also. 😂

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Options

@mistar_z said:

@AlexAnarchy said:
    wow, a purple addon that you don't see on every single legion out there makes them impossible to win against...

Just remember, the devs made legion to be a fun killer, not a balanced one...another pretty good job so far on the thinking department..

Because IH wasn't nerfed into the ground.

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    edited February 2019
    Options

@mistar_z said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

Pink addon that you see even less.. Bad argument...

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857
    Options

@AlexAnarchy said:

@mistar_z said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

I'm not arguing with I read that as you being sarcastic, don't get it tilted.🙄
    there's something really wrong with the bloodwebs I have like 50 pink ones and maybe just 20 purple ones. XD

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    Options

@mistar_z said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@mistar_z said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

I'm not arguing with I read that as you being sarcastic, don't get it tilted.🙄
    there's something really wrong with the bloodwebs I have like 50 pink ones and maybe just 20 purple ones. XD

Yikes, you lucky as heck then...I have seen maybe 4 in total of 1600 hours...

• MegChicken
    MegChicken Member Posts: 163
    Options

That does change the fact that they can still do the no chase tactic without addons. 
  • Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

@AlexAnarchy said:

At Rank 1 you see a good bunch of purple AddOns. A Legion player without Frank's Mixtape are quite rare actually. Besides even without it the breaking up the chase tactic still works. Just takes a little bit longer, but still shorter than some chases.Besides that AddOns shouldn't be an easy win. They should be powerful but add something interesting to the game. Just take a look at Myers, who has a lot fun and balanced AddOns of high rarity.

Legion is a horrible experience for both sides in design right now.

• NathanExplosion
    NathanExplosion Member Posts: 337
    Options

@AlexAnarchy said:

BS meter just blew up on that post...so much bs in this post it broke the meter...

Another good day of trolling on the DBD's forum !

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options
    I'd still take a Legion over an expert Nurse any day.
  • BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    edited February 2019
    Options

@MegChicken said:
    Just played a match with a Legion that attacked you twice and would walk around you until you were downed. You can’t counter it, because then they hit you. 

Never understood the hate, but after multiple franks mixtapes and this? 0 counterplay, and require 0 skill.

absolutely, legion should be erased, and customers that spent real money on it, compensated

you cant counter using our weapons of massive destruction pallets are

we need more perks to attack back the killer somehow

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@BACKSTABBER said:

@MegChicken said:

absolutely, legion should be erased, and customers that spent real money on it, compensated

Will you be the one to refund them? There are people who enjoy the Legion.

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Options

Errrm okay then.
    Legion is by far one of the easiest killers to counter play, he’s slow, his ability is pretty much designed to distract him.

• BACKSTABBER
    Options

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@MegChicken said:

one thing is enjoying the legion as a killer, other is the ontopic thingy, extremelly un-enjoyable to play against as surv

• Orion
    Options

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@MegChicken said:

one thing is enjoying the legion as a killer, other is the ontopic thingy, extremelly un-enjoyable to play against as surv

You still haven't answered my question.

• BACKSTABBER
    edited February 2019
    Options

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@MegChicken said:

offtopic answer: obviously behaviour should be the one to to the refunds

i seen tons of matches with survs DCing when see killer is Susie

• Orion
    edited February 2019
    Options

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@MegChicken said:

offtopic answer: obviously behaviour snould be the one to refund

But why, if you're the one who wants to deny people the thing they paid for and enjoy? I'm just trying to understand your logic here. You want people to be denied access to content they paid for because you don't want them to have it, but you don't think you should bear any responsibility for it?

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    edited February 2019
    Options

@Lateral said:
    Welcome to DBD. This game is made for Killers enjoyment, Survivors are merely NPC's with players behind them.

Killers, because every multiplayer game needs an easy-mode, hand-held, babied crutch class corrosively eating away at the games community from within.

And why is it this way? because killers /cried damn hard for their endless catalog of buffs and survivor nerfs.

BS meter just blew up on that post...so much bs in this post it broke the meter...

Most of the killer buffs were actually not massive and a vast majority were actually nerfs  pretending to be buffs. 

The nerfs on survivor side haven’t really been any game changing ideas and only tried to equa the field. I play both sides and I can say that survivor is the easiest option by far. No pressure no stress, mistakes don’t normally come back to bite you in the ass.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    Options

@Lateral said:
    Welcome to DBD. This game is made for Killers enjoyment, Survivors are merely NPC's with players behind them.

Killers, because every multiplayer game needs an easy-mode, hand-held, babied crutch class corrosively eating away at the games community from within.

And why is it this way? because killers /cried damn hard for their endless catalog of buffs and survivor nerfs.

This has to be sarcasm right? The thing eating away at the game is SWF if anything. You're complaining about add ons that are rare and a one time use. What about all the game braking things on the Survivor side because there's plenty more than there is for killer.

• Freudentrauma
    edited February 2019
    Options

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@MegChicken said:

But why, if you're the one who wants to deny people the thing they paid for and enjoy? I'm just trying to understand your logic here. You want people to be denied access to content they paid for because you don't want them to have it, but you don't think you should bear any responsibility for it?

It wouldn't be his call to do so. It would be BHVR's. Of course it would never happen and we will most likely see a huge rework of Legion instead, which will be the best way forward.

@The_Crusader said:

I wouldn't Nurse is always more fun to face and a truely game changer in chases compared to Legion. The only thing which might be annoying are certain AddOn combos, but well they will be reworked anyway one day.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Options

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@MegChicken said:

I actually wouldn’t want a refund. I enjoy playing as The Legion. They are my favorite killer to play as. Their power may not be the best to play against or play as but, I appreciate what the devs were trying to accomplish. Maybe somewhere down the line they will tweak Legion in the mean time I’m fine with it. 
  • Broosmeister
    Broosmeister Member Posts: 281
    Options

I played vs a Legion today with the pink addon and Frank's mixtape he also brought a mori, noed & ruin. He managed to get 2 kills lol because he hardcore camped the 2nd guy he got while noed was active
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

@mistar_z said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

It's not even that bad. Just stealth or bait their hatchets out. Idk why people have problems with it. Watch me get fcked by one now XD

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@MegChicken said:

The killer has been designed with the survivors fun intended, not to create a viable killer.
    But apparently ur still not satisfied :smile:

• The_Crusader
    Options

@Freudentrauma said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@MegChicken said:

It wouldn't be his call to do so. It would be BHVR's. Of course it would never happen and we will most likely see a huge rework of Legion instead, which will be the best way forward.

@The_Crusader said:

I wouldn't Nurse is always more fun to face and a truely game changer in chases compared to Legion. The only thing which might be annoying are certain AddOn combos, but well they will be reworked anyway one day.

I disagree. Legion has to respect pallets and walls, unless he uses Frenzy in which case you can take a few hits while he messes about activating it and de-activating it.

Nurse just teleports through and hits you. She can down 100 times faster than Legion can. Plus nothing in the game sucks as much as a Nurse who just blinks across the map to tunnel on every unhook, it's so lame.

• Freudentrauma
    Options

@The_Crusader said:

@Freudentrauma said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@MegChicken said:

@The_Crusader said:

I disagree. Legion has to respect pallets and walls, unless he uses Frenzy in which case you can take a few hits while he messes about activating it and de-activating it.

Nurse just teleports through and hits you. She can down 100 times faster than Legion can. Plus nothing in the game sucks as much as a Nurse who just blinks across the map to tunnel on every unhook, it's so lame.

Nurse is all about prediction. She has to predict your movement. Walls are sightblockers, which make it harder for her and even though she doesn't have to worry about pallets that much, she can't relentlessly blink into them, because she is stunable after coming out of the blink.
    Like I said only problem with Nurse are certain AddOn combos and that her blinks are probably very vulnerable towards latency. A bad blink can make her hits look really awkward. And only Omega Blink nurse downs survivors really fast. And that's an AddOn combo, which I'm sure will receive a Nerf with an AddOn rework.

• Bellysmacker
    Bellysmacker Member Posts: 58
    Options

@Freudentrauma said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@MegChicken said:

@The_Crusader said:

I wouldn't Nurse is always more fun to face and a truely game changer in chases compared to Legion. The only thing which might be annoying are certain AddOn combos, but well they will be reworked anyway one

This isn't meant to be sarcastic or rude but if your expecting a legion rework it may be a long time I mean freddy who is suppose to have a rework and a perk called DS that was being reworked but yet nothing. Maybe another year or two before legion gets a rework if any.

• Bellysmacker
    Options

@Freudentrauma said:

@The_Crusader said:

@Freudentrauma said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@MegChicken said:

@The_Crusader said:

Nurse is all about prediction. She has to predict your movement. Walls are sightblockers, which make it harder for her and even though she doesn't have to worry about pallets that much, she can't relentlessly blink into them, because she is stunable after coming out of the blink.
    Like I said only problem with Nurse are certain AddOn combos and that her blinks are probably very vulnerable towards latency. A bad blink can make her hits look really awkward. And only Omega Blink nurse downs survivors really fast. And that's an AddOn combo, which I'm sure will receive a Nerf with an AddOn rework.

Well i don't think it would be well received to nerf the nurse even more by changing some of her few good add ons. If they rework her add ons then by changing omega blink nurse add ons so it's not so omega blink then what change will they make to make her other add ons good. Most of her add ons have negative consequences to the her. If they buff other add ons then players will start complaining about those ones. What then, change those as well. It would turn to a never ending cycle.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Master said:

The killer has been designed with the survivors fun intended, not to create a viable killer.

And yet they aren't fun which speaks volumes.

I don't know who thought up this killer but to make a killer who is simply annoying to go against and isn't viable at the same time, then we have the mend mechanic introduction, it all seems like someone was trolling and no one on the dev team realised until it was too late.
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

@Lateral said:

..what rock have you been living under?

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Options
    Master said:

I don't know who thought up this killer but to make a killer who is simply annoying to go against and isn't viable at the same time, then we have the mend mechanic introduction, it all seems like someone was trolling and no one on the dev team realised until it was too late.
    Some players like to be chase and 360 the killer. The Legion is perfect for that. On top that they are anti-tunnelers. If you try to tunnel then you suffer as the killer. 
  • doggieman
    doggieman Member Posts: 36
    Options

@MegChicken said:

Hell yeah. Everytime a legion downs a survivor and hooks them they always kill themselves because nobody ever wants to play against legion. And Behaviour wanted to buff him LOL.

• doggieman
    doggieman Member Posts: 36
    Options

@The_Crusader said:

@Freudentrauma said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@MegChicken said:

@The_Crusader said:

You can counter nurse by breaking line of sight and going somewhere the nurse doesn't expect. Legion you can't because as soon as you think you're far enough he just runs and catches up.

• Freudentrauma
    Options

@Bellysmacker said:

@Freudentrauma said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@MegChicken said:

@The_Crusader said:

I wouldn't Nurse is always more fun to face and a truely game changer in chases compared to Legion. The only thing which might be annoying are certain AddOn combos, but well they will be reworked anyway one

This isn't meant to be sarcastic or rude but if your expecting a legion rework it may be a long time I mean freddy who is suppose to have a rework and a perk called DS that was being reworked but yet nothing. Maybe another year or two before legion gets a rework if any.

I know it will takes some time. But I think they will do it at some point and we will have to deal with Legion in their broken current state. The thing with DS is, that they are actively working on it, but they had to scrap it twice and start new. Similar things happened to the endgame rework/changes.

@Bellysmacker said:

@Freudentrauma said:

@The_Crusader said:

@Freudentrauma said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@MegChicken said:

@The_Crusader said:

Well i don't think it would be well received to nerf the nurse even more by changing some of her few good add ons. If they rework her add ons then by changing omega blink nurse add ons so it's not so omega blink then what change will they make to make her other add ons good. Most of her add ons have negative consequences to the her. If they buff other add ons then players will start complaining about those ones. What then, change those as well. It would turn to a never ending cycle.

A Nurse AddOn change would be a huge rework. Like you said her AddOns are a mess in a a lot of ways, because her ability doesn't work like Hillbilly's chainswas etc. Changing values of it messes with the consistency of it. And that's bad for learning the killer, or playing her with different builds. But also makes it harder to learn playing against her, if you can't judge her movements etc.
    Nurse AddOns really need something like it's own thread. It's quite complicated rework them and let's put it that way, that I don't think it would be a complete Nerf. It would be a buff in some point.

• Lateral
    Lateral Member Posts: 77
    Options

@NathanExplosion said:

@Lateral said:

I hope you are already enjoying the Lobby simulator, because it's seems that it's here to stay.

People like you, with your mindset, are one of the reasons that caused it, you all made it to yourself in a certain way.

Apologies, I think I may have laid on the sarcasm a bit thick there lol.

• Lateral
    Lateral Member Posts: 77
    edited February 2019
    Options

@Bongbingbing said:

@Lateral said:

This has to be sarcasm right? The thing eating away at the game is SWF if anything. You're complaining about add ons that are rare and a one time use. What about all the game braking things on the Survivor side because there's plenty more than there is for killer.

Yet all you ever see is Killer complaint threads from overwhelmingly large number of unhappy customers over and over again. Of cause in the Killer crutchlords neurologically defective sociopathic mind set only they deserve a fair and balanced game. Come on man sometimes stop fooling yourself. Sometimes a spades not a meticulously hand crafted faberge egg, its a damn spade.

• The_Crusader
    Options
    doggieman said:

@The_Crusader said:

@Freudentrauma said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@MegChicken said:

@The_Crusader said:

You can counter nurse by breaking line of sight and going somewhere the nurse doesn't expect. Legion you can't because as soon as you think you're far enough he just runs and catches up.

And yet Nurse has topped every tier list for years, while Legion normally rates pretty low.

So it's not as sinple as you make it sound.
  • Freudentrauma
    Options

@The_Crusader said:
    doggieman said:

@The_Crusader said:

@Freudentrauma said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@MegChicken said:

@The_Crusader said:

And yet Nurse has topped every tier list for years, while Legion normally rates pretty low.

Tier list have nothing about fun/frustration. There is a reason why people dislike Legion more than Nurse and that's because there is difference in gameplay experience.
    Legion chases are feel completely pretedetermed. You kinda know when a survivor will fall and there is a lack of choices for both sides. Nurse on the other hand feels different. Decisions made by both sides matter. That's the difference between the two.

• The_Crusader
    Options

@The_Crusader said:
    doggieman said:

@The_Crusader said:

@Freudentrauma said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@MegChicken said:

@The_Crusader said:

Tier list have nothing about fun/frustration. There is a reason why people dislike Legion more than Nurse and that's because there is difference in gameplay experience.
    Legion chases are feel completely pretedetermed. You kinda know when a survivor will fall and there is a lack of choices for both sides. Nurse on the other hand feels different. Decisions made by both sides matter. That's the difference between the two.

Most of the Legiond I play at least dish out the damage. They injure a few and commit to oje. Games last a while and aren't too bad.

Nurses will just tunnel people off hooks or try to slug everyone, or if they're bad they'll get one person down and then camp them out.

Only green rank Nurse games are fun. In red ranks they're the most tryhard, toxic and entitled of all players.
  • Bellysmacker
    Options

@Freudentrauma said:

@Bellysmacker said:

@Freudentrauma said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@MegChicken said:

@The_Crusader said:

I know it will takes some time. But I think they will do it at some point and we will have to deal with Legion in their broken current state. The thing with DS is, that they are actively working on it, but they had to scrap it twice and start new. Similar things happened to the endgame rework/changes.

@Bellysmacker said:

@Freudentrauma said:

@The_Crusader said:

@Freudentrauma said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Orion said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@MegChicken said:

@The_Crusader said:

A Nurse AddOn change would be a huge rework. Like you said her AddOns are a mess in a a lot of ways, because her ability doesn't work like Hillbilly's chainswas etc. Changing values of it messes with the consistency of it. And that's bad for learning the killer, or playing her with different builds. But also makes it harder to learn playing against her, if you can't judge her movements etc.
    Nurse AddOns really need something like it's own thread. It's quite complicated rework them and let's put it that way, that I don't think it would be a complete Nerf. It would be a buff in some point.

I hear what you are saying. I feel though that nurse won't see much anytime soon since they have been talking about a rework for freddy and DS for like what over a year now and it hasn't happened. I don't think a nurse add on rework is even being brought to the table anytime soon. I feel freddy, ds, legion are first and i feel the end game needs a rework as well. Will just have to wait and see if anything ever gets done.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    edited February 2019
    Options

3 things that make me quit without hesitation. +3 Blink Nurse, cheesing Legion or Franks Mixtape Legion.

I dont mind getting bodied by pro 2 blink Nurse, Iri Huntress or anal beads Spirit, but when there is no counter play and 0 skill involved I'm out.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options
    Iceman said:
    Master said:

Some players like to be chase and 360 the killer. The Legion is perfect for that. On top that they are anti-tunnelers. If you try to tunnel then you suffer as the killer. 
    No good killer gets 360'd, the Legion is just not fun as they are a troll killer for both sides, there is no outplay with Frank's mixtape as he will cheese the down very easily, add onto that the anti stealth mechanic along with mend it's a boring match, the best bet as survivor is to stay away from others, dont heal and rush gens.

Sounds great fun doesn't it?
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,780
    Options

Legion matches are a chore. Spend most of it mending and healing. Not a fun killer in any way, shape, or form.

• TrAiNwReCk
    TrAiNwReCk Member Posts: 246
    Options

I've faced really good Legion Killers and the not so good Legion Killers. Has been a mixed bag for me. Regardless, after about the 4th game in a row with Legion I am ready for a different Killer to go up against. In my experience playing against the Legion feels more repetitive than against other killers for whatever reason.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,608
    Options

@Iceman said:
    twistedmonkey said:

Master said:

Legion is not perfect for that, because he can miss so many hits. Survivor makes a 360? Every Killer would have some sort of Penalty after the missed hit. Legion does not.

Personally, I am really thinking about constantly DCing on Legion, because I do not have any fun at all. I do not have a problem to play vs any Killer. Some are more annoying than others, sure. But for example Nurse... If the Nurse is bad, it is an easy game. If she is good... Well, easy game for her, probably. But at least I feel that I can try to do something. Got morid by a Nurse today and it was fine, no problem with that, I had two nice chases and got downed two times, fine, was fun.
    But when facing Legion I just feel kinda stressed and I do not have an enjoyable experience. The only reason why I do not DC at the moment is, because there are 3 other people in the game.

But overall, I play this game to enjoy it, I am not toxic, not teabagging, rarely use Flashlights and wait in the games to say "gg" to the Killer, even if I am the first one dead. But when I face a Legion, I simply do not enjoy this game at all.