The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Lore wise what would happen if a survivor kills another survivor in a trail or at the campfire.

grayon444
grayon444 Member Posts: 757

^

Comments

• Tarvesh
    Tarvesh Member Posts: 765
    Legion. Legion is what happens.
  • Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@Tarvesh said:

The Legion was a product of them being within the grasp of the Entity. I know what you were trying to do but I doubt they'd (survivors) become something like the Legion, they'd have their own abilities.

• XavierBoah17
    XavierBoah17 Member Posts: 204
    Shad03 said:

@Tarvesh said:

The Legion was a product of them being within the grasp of the Entity. I know what you were trying to do but I doubt they'd (survivors) become something like the Legion, they'd have their own abilities.

Idk, the trailer showed David get killed by his running buddy. However idk if the trailer is canon.
  • Shad03

@XavierBoah17 said:
    Shad03 said:

@Tarvesh said:

Idk, the trailer showed David get killed by his running buddy. However idk if the trailer is canon.

That had been Frank running next to him. The trailer was misleading for a lot of things, but I don't know how canon the trailers are.

• BOOBERELLA
    BOOBERELLA Member Posts: 9

@XavierBoah17 said:
    Shad03 said:

@Tarvesh said:

that was frank...

• XavierBoah17
    XavierBoah17 Member Posts: 204

@XavierBoah17 said:
    Shad03 said:

@Tarvesh said:

that was frank...

I know it was frank. What I meant was why would David be running with the guy that is the killer?  And they were running together as if Frank was a survivior and they were running from something chasing them.
  • Shad03

@XavierBoah17 said:
    BOOBERELLA said:

@XavierBoah17 said:

Shad03 said:

@Tarvesh said:

that was frank...

I know it was frank. What I meant was why would David be running with the guy that is the killer?  And they were running together as if Frank was a survivior and they were running from something chasing them.

Deception. I assume that Frank had one of the others (Julie, Susie, or Joey) to chase him and David. Somehow Frank was able to suppress his heartbeat and red stain using Insidious tier 50 or the Wraith's coxcomb add on. It is called 'Darkness Among Us' after all.

• Chaotyx
    Chaotyx Member Posts: 31

Read: I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream. That is what happens. Entity will blob 'em :p

• VixyManacles
    VixyManacles Member Posts: 3

I'm going to ignore the trail part at the moment and focus on the campfire scenario.

I'm not really sure, lore wise, how dying at the campfire is official, if it is even accepted. But I would imagine that death is just as likely in the campfire as it would be in the trials, but motives are going to change.

In trials, motivation is survival - pretty simple. But with the campfire, and correct me if I'm understanding this wrong, is a place where survivors are just waiting to be chosen for the next trial. Yes, killers are supposedly lurking not far from the site in the fog, but they don't actually attack the survivors. So this is already a more "relaxed" atmosphere for the survivors and gives them time to recover and the think.

Trying to keep this simple, depression is more than likely present and maybe anger (that one jerk who slammed a pallet on you so the killer downs you and they can run away). So when it comes to the question of survivor vs. survivor, the motivation is going to be the deciding factor. I agree with the earlier comment that if a survivor kills another survivor at the campfire with the full intent on killing them (especially for rage or pleasure), the entity is going to evaluate them to see if they would be a potential killer. Also, how the killer-survivor feels with their actions afterwards can be taken into consideration ("Yay, that b**** is dead!"). But if a survivor kills another on accident ("I didn't mean for my hand to slip and rip your wound open by 15 inches that caused you to bleed out!"), then it really depends on emotions afterwards.

So basics: If a survivor kills someone afterwards and they enjoyed it or just continuously angry and looking for malicious intent, the Entity is going to be asking them if they want a job. If a survivor is remorseful and tries to repent or make up or whatever - as long as survival instinct and hope are still there - not much is going to happen besides other survivors being more nervous around them. But if a survivor loses hope, feels nothing, and welcomes death by the Entity regularly, I would say they will be another drained soul for the void.

I apologize if it was a little rush and scatter-brained. I wanted to share, but I'm sleep deprived.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

I kind of wonder if the Legion came in as survivors would a high potential to kill, and they all turned over to the killer side with time and trials.