The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Requesting freddy news

Master
Master Member Posts: 10,200

Please BHVR, its been so long now.

Can we have updates on the freddy rework, maybe a dedicated stream for that?

Im a sad freddy owner.....

Comments

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810
    edited February 2019

One dev did say in a (semi-recent) stream that they were testing a reworked version of Freddy. If they decide to pull through with the changes they made, then we should expect to see the rework drop maybe when chapter 11 drops or the MCP after that.

• Master

@NightmareReborn said:
    One dev did say in a (semi-recent) stream that they were testing a reworked version of Freddy. If they decide to pull through with the changes they made, then we should expect to see the rework drop maybe when chapter 11 drops or the MCP after that.

Mhm well we had that with hatch/SC/DS too :wink:

I really would like to have a proper stream dedicated for freddy. The situation is so pathetic that players from other games started using the freddy meme xD

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839

@Master don't forget closing the gap between SWF and solos, the Optimization PASS, buffing killers to handle SWF, and a secondary objective for survivors. Man oh man do the Devs have a lot on their plate. I'm sure we will start seeing the results for all these many promises any day now. ;)

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

@Okapi said:
    @Master don't forget closing the gap between SWF and solos, the Optimization PASS, buffing killers to handle SWF, and a secondary objective for survivors. Man oh man do the Devs have a lot on their plate. I'm sure we will start seeing the results for all these many promises any day now. ;)

Ya but they made Nea attractive. Priorities mate

• Master

@jackmadrox said:
    Here's some Freddy news: As a perkless, no add-ons Freddy, I wrecked a team of survivors who wanted to be toxic.
    https://youtu.be/mSWFaStUguk

And?

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    I know some things may still be under revision but can we get an update on what you guys have decided on? I'd settle for what Dev's have decided against to at least ease some of the wild speculations.
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    That meme is brilliant xD.  

Quick question though, what do you think needs changed with Freddy? I honestly think if Freddy were able to interact with survivors in the dream transition and pick up downed survivors despite being healed, he would be in a much better place.
  • TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 699

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

Quick question though, what do you think needs changed with Freddy? I honestly think if Freddy were able to interact with survivors in the dream transition and pick up downed survivors despite being healed, he would be in a much better place.

Honestly what I want is for random windows to be boarded up and pallets removed when a Survivor is in the dream world, showcasing Freddy's reality warping abilities. Freddy could see and know what's been changed, but Survivors won't until they are in the Dream World.

Just imagine, you pull them in and a Survivor stands next to a pallet to throw it down as soon as they fully transition, only for it to disappear completely. Good potential for mind games.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

I like the way freddy is currently. Mostly

They need it to where self care and med kits don't wake you up. So no healing wakes you up.

Also, reduce default time to sleep from 7 to 5

That makes him strong and viable. And deadly.

Period.

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890

@Dwight_Confusion said:

They need it to where self care and med kits don't wake you up. So no healing wakes you up.

Period.

This. The only other thing he needs is to interrupt survs during the dream transition and be able to pick up survivors that are being healed. Do that, and you have a solid B- tier killer.

• Master

@Mikeadatrix said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

Period.

This. The only other thing he needs is to interrupt survs during the dream transition and be able to pick up survivors that are being healed. Do that, and you have a solid B- tier killer.

Solid B-, i.e. ready for the next rework :sarcastic:

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

Honestly what I want is for random windows to be boarded up and pallets removed when a Survivor is in the dream world, showcasing Freddy's reality warping abilities. Freddy could see and know what's been changed, but Survivors won't until they are in the Dream World.

Just imagine, you pull them in and a Survivor stands next to a pallet to throw it down as soon as they fully transition, only for it to disappear completely. Good potential for mind games.

That would be really cool, but I think that would be too hard for the devs to code xD. 
  • NESv1
    NESv1 Member Posts: 3
    Robert Englund please.
  • Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

Maybe you guys'll get an adult Freddy! Wouldn't that be nice?

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

@jackmadrox said:
    Here's some Freddy news: As a perkless, no add-ons Freddy, I wrecked a team of survivors who wanted to be toxic.
    https://youtu.be/mSWFaStUguk

That framerate. I didn't know they ported this to N64.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

@Master said:

@Mikeadatrix said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

Period.

Solid B-, i.e. ready for the next rework :sarcastic:

I didn't mean B- as in a grade. It was a hyphen.

I think my proposed changes keep it simple, and strengthen him a good amount man. I already do well with him. So I think this would help, but after all this time, I guess we all want something a bit more anyways.

;)