The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Lithe buff

So I was thinking...every other exhaustion perk gives you some extra benefit like balanced landing lets you basically avoid staggers, sprint burst lets you activate it whenever you want, and dead hard lets you avoid a hit so why not give lithe a slight buff? Have the added benefit of increased vault speed by 5%/10%/15%

what do you guys think!

Comments

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Maybe. It would need to be tested.

• Jake_Parks_prince
    Jake_Parks_prince Member Posts: 218

@Mister_Holdout said:
    Maybe. It would need to be tested.

True it can be added in the PTB then removed unlike some other games that keep things in their PTB and game no matter what cough cough overwatch cough cough

• Jake_Parks_prince

@DelsKibara said:
    Having an increased vault speed for Lithe would actually make it much more useful.
    Would definitely help against those bullshit hits through windows.

It always works as killer but never as survivor ;-;

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    Another idea could be that it triggers when in a certain radius of the heartbeat/hunt music but not necessarily in a chase. I notice the chase requirement can be really finnicky. 
  • DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

@pemberley said:
    Another idea could be that it triggers when in a certain radius of the heartbeat/hunt music but not necessarily in a chase. I notice the chase requirement can be really finnicky. 

This too ^
    I'd actually like to run away from the killer before he can even chase me.

• Jake_Parks_prince

@pemberley said:

Hmm idk that can be quite irritating when trying to be sneaky maybe a certain time after a chase ends like within 5 or 3 seconds C:

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

I disagree that Lithe needs a buff. Its a very balanced exhaustion perk in its present form. Survivor vaulting just recently got buffed with a sped up slow vault animation and the retention of momentum when vaulting. Speeding up vaulting even more would not be good for balance. I understand the reasoning as a means to mitigate bullshit hits but that has more to do with latency which is going to be addressed with dedicated servers this summer.

• Jake_Parks_prince

@SadonicShadow said:
    I disagree that Lithe needs a buff. Its a very balanced exhaustion perk in its present form. Survivor vaulting just recently got buffed with a sped up slow vault animation and the retention of momentum when vaulting. Speeding up vaulting even more would not be good for balance. I understand the reasoning as a means to mitigate bullshit hits but that has more to do with latency which is going to be addressed with dedicated servers this summer.

Idk Ive been hit really weirdly with green ping plus the new sped up fault is not really noticeable

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@pemberley said:

↑This. Lithe would be more useful if this was the case. Or just let us use Lithe whenever we fast vault something in general.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@DelsKibara said:

@pemberley said:

This too ^
    I'd actually like to run away from the killer before he can even chase me.

Heck yeah DWM Q&Q and lithe!!!!

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@SadonicShadow said:

It's rubbish compared to Dead hard. And dead hard is the 3rd weakest .-.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    ok hear me out

https://clips.twitch.tv/BillowingAffluentManateeDancingBaby

you have an option with lithe to press E to vault and it'll cancel your vault just like this ONLY WHILE NOT EXHAUSTED and you'll get your sprint burst

it looks absolutely ridiculous I know but this was too funny to not share
  • Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

Lithe can absolutely benefit from either an added minor bonus (like Balanced Landing,) or more consistent activation. Lets be honest, nobody fast vaults unless either they're baiting the killer, or in a chase. The chase requirement only hurts the perk vs killers who can "stalk chase" like legion, spirit, and the wraith. All you need to do is break sight and the chase, stalk the scratch marks, cloak/phase/etc and the perk cannot activate. Fixing that would be a good way to improve the perk's viability.

As for bonuses to improve the perk, I feel the most logical would be a halfway point in velocity needed to fast vault. Not quite as little as it used to be, but still less than it currently is. Balanced Landing can make some loops that are impossible without it, so it still won't even be as good as that. All it would really do would be to help a bit at a few areas like T walls and the shack to buy an extra loop at best.

• Le1n4D
    Le1n4D Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2019
    IMHO I think this is a bad idea. Survivors can already vault faster than killers, even against Bamboozle. I would consider this option as a buff: remove the “Activates in Chases Only” clause, and just have it activate after ANY fast vault animation, mid chase or not. Yeah, you’ll make a sound notification to the killer, but it won’t matter if the killer is already chasing you, or chasing another survivor, OR if they happen to be at the other side of the map. Also, I figure this would be incredibly simple for the developers to implement, right? Anyway, that’s my 2 cents. TYFR :)
  • e8Lattice
    e8Lattice Member Posts: 189
    edited February 2019

On the subject of Lithe, I was thinking that + Quick and Quiet + Dance With Me (and Urban Evasion because it's pretty much a must have) would be a good build.

Burst into a Sprint immediately after running and jumping silently through a window making no scratch marks for 3 seconds while at sprint speed for that time.

Question is can I sacrifice Dark Sense and Paranoia for the build -.- both arguably just as important if not more so than Urban Evasion.

imo urban evasion should be a staple, not a perk but anyways. Yeah I'm liking Lithe, it just needs too many other perks to make it good.

• Lagoni
    Lagoni Member Posts: 180

@Jake_Parks_prince said:
    So I was thinking...every other exhaustion perk gives you some extra benefit like balanced landing lets you basically avoid staggers, sprint burst lets you activate it whenever you want, and dead hard lets you avoid a hit so why not give lithe a slight buff? Have the added benefit of increased vault speed by 5%/10%/15%

what do you guys think!

No way. It would just be too powerful. Also, the only exhaustion perk with a passive effect is balanced landing. I don't think the activation of sb or dh counts as that (just my opinion though), and if so, then you can "choose" to activate lithe as well, by choosing when to vault, like choosing when to sprint.
    Vaults already saw a slight buff with the momentum implementation recently.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@se05239 said:

@pemberley said:

↑This. Lithe would be more useful if this was the case. Or just let us use Lithe whenever we fast vault something in general.

I agree with this. Make it like Quick and Quiet and Dance with Me.

• NurseMainBTW
    NurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531
    edited February 2019

If they ever buff lithe to have an increased vaulting speed... they could take out the speed boost anytime IMO. Having fast vaults at any moment seeing with how unresponsive and inconsistent vaults are now would be a blessing and especially a lifesaver.

Not that I wouldn't mind having both <3