Question for Campers

Why camp when you're running BBQ? Especially with that add-on. He was playing with Redhead's Finger. 

Comments

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    I generally don't camp outside of end game, but I can see a few reasons why they would. 
    Without seeing the match, there's going to be a lot of variables.

Kinda amazed that they got 2 kills first off.

Maybe the camped person was being toxic? Or hard to catch? Or both? If a person is being annoying, they just up the chances of being camped.

Then there's the camping of the person hooked when the gens are done. 
    Let's not act like leaving the hook when the gates are being opened is a smart idea.
    Especially with the huge safe zone gates provide.
    So secure the kill, maybe fight survivors and make them trade places a few times.
  • bigbadbeetelborg
    bigbadbeetelborg Member Posts: 18
    So this is how the match went from my perspective. First off, for the setting: Lerys. I was soloing so I don't have the whole story.

I spawned near a gen. I worked on that gen. About 1/2 way~2/3 I think I see someone get the injured status. I finish the gen. I'm the first. I walk down the hall a few feet into the corner of the map and start to dig thru a chest. I hear the heartbeat. It gets closer. I hear the afterpiece tonic bottle break and a scream. I see a red aura on the other side of the wall. I hide in a lil corner for the moment. Clown carries downed survivor into my field of view and toward a hook, I realize at that moment, that I am hiding behind. Awesome. 

So I wait for a good time to go for the save. I watch the killer do a little loop through some adjacent rooms, but I still hear his heartbeat. A second later he is back at the hook, coming from the gen I did. He does another loop. It is clear to me he is not leaving. I go for the save as he begins his next loop. He cuts his loop short and runs over and hits me w a bottle just as I pull her off the hook. Now I see that his tonic is powered by redhead's finger and am downed almost immediately following the bottle hitting me. The survivor I got off the hook runs. I get hooked on the same hook. He camps me too. I let the randoms know he is there. They're poppin gens all over the place. After I get into second stage, someone comes to get me. I dont want this to happen but they're randoms, so. The same thing happens as when I saved. The rescuer gets down and I run away. I get to a safe place and heal. As I'm healing, I see a red slug appear on my screen by the hooked survivor. I find a gen to work on bc there is 1 left. After a few seconds, someone pops another gen and the exit gate alarm rings. I nope up outta there bc I'm dead on hook and he's got redhead's and I'm not giving him anymore kills. 

So, maybe he didnt see anyone when BBQ activated? Still, I found it lazy on top of redhead's finger bc that is a really deadly add-on that not many expect. I played a match the other day against a clown w redhead's and all 4 of us were slugged in like 5 minutes and I was impressed as hell at how fast the clown, of all killers, did it.
  • AussieYato
    AussieYato Member Posts: 14

Lery's is a god awful map for clown, as survivor I have darted and dipped between corridors, rooms and his power essentially becomes useless, he can't land a bottle to cut you off, can't hit you with it, so he probably decided to prey on altruism, when people go for the save they aren't looping, jumping windows or dodging between rooms etc, you get freeze framed, locked in animations best way to secure bottle hits. I wouldn't blame a clown for being lazy on that map his interest in the match probably disappeared the moment he saw the map lol

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    edited February 2019
    Master said:

@bigbadbeetelborg said:
    Why camp when you're running BBQ? Especially with that add-on. He was playing with Redhead's Finger. 

Because you cant see anyone on BBQ.

Thank the recent BBQ nerf

Bbq is trash tier now
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited February 2019

There are a multitude of good reasons he camped with BBQ.

BBQ didn't show anyone.
    He only uses BBQ for the blood points.
    It was a DS user.
    He was tbagging.
    The survivor is flashlight flicking/taunting/farming.
    He just wants to get 1 person out ASAP, 3 is way easier to manage than 4.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

Don't get caught. The fact that you got caught in the first place vsing a clown is laughable.

@Master said:

The fact you need to run an aura reading ability to find survivors is also laughable. Only bad killers run BBQ for the aura reading.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@CronaWins said:
    Don't get caught. The fact that you got caught in the first place vsing a clown is laughable.

@Master said:

The fact you need to run an aura reading ability to find survivors is also laughable. Only bad killers run BBQ for the aura reading.

So someone is bad at killer for running a aura reading perk that helps him do his job? Which killer BBQ slayed you?

• GrootDude

I camp when I get really frustrated against a prove thy gen rush group

• GrootDude

Also @CronaWins the OP escaped

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    TreemanXD said:

@CronaWins said:

@Master said:

So someone is bad at killer for running a aura reading perk that helps him do his job? Which killer BBQ slayed you?

Just ignore such comments, it's a hopeless case 
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    BBQ not showing anyone was probably the reason he camped.

Funny how survivors complain at the same time about BBQs aura reading and camping. 
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

Were you SWF? A lot of killers will camp vs SWF whether it's 2 or 4 players.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    After getting bbq on Freddy, I mostly use the perk as a bp fountain but my logic is if I can’t see anyone with bbq then they’re close by ready to unhook. I don’t camp but if my gut tells me someone is near I will patrol the area. Especially if it’s my obsession on the hook.
  • CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650
    edited February 2019

@TreemanXD said:

The aura reading is an added bonus. Any good killer runs it for the BP.

• bigbadbeetelborg
    bigbadbeetelborg Member Posts: 18

I was soloing, but at the end saw a mixed bag of ranks, so the others prob were. As such, idk the whole story on the others' level of toxicity.
  • MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

@Tsulan said:

Funny how survivors complain at the same time about BBQs aura reading and camping. 

BBQ is honestly super overrated. You can hide behind a generator and possibly blend in with it, hide in a locker, or simply be close to the killer. It’s not really that great except for bloodpoints. It just too counterable. It can throw off the killer causing them to stay by the hook while everybody is actually far away

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    MegMain98 said:

@Tsulan said:

BBQ is honestly super overrated. You can hide behind a generator and possibly blend in with it, hide in a locker, or simply be close to the killer. It’s not really that great except for bloodpoints. It just too counterable. It can throw off the killer causing them to stay by the hook while everybody is actually far away

It was never hard to hide from it. But continued nerfs on the aura reading defeat its purpose: leading the killer away from the hook.
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

God that Clown must've been annoyed by the person he camped. Don't take it personally, that guy probably annoyed him a lot. Don't worry about it.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    CronaWins said:

@Master said:

I could argue bt is also for crap rescuers. You should be bodyblocking for survivours and outplaying the killers power so not to get instadowned or dodge them hatchets. But that would be a stupid statement because its likely you wont be able to juke that killers saw or hatchet if there good. Just like if your killer your tr will give survivours enough time to evade you if there good. 

Some killers like huntress have a directional lullaby ffs. Rember killers are on a very fast timer to find survivours nevermind the chase length which is all pressure put on them to get people off gens. Proxy camping and tunneling is epidemic not because killers are crap at the game. Its because the game has an unreasonably fast pace that demands instant chases with fast downs the marg8n for error as killer is miniscule. 

If your not 100% on the ball with killer one mistake can be the difference between a 0 man and a 4 man. Aura reading perks allow killers to find chases and promotes killer survivour interaction. If you dont want the killer to find you there are plenty of stealth options and counters to existing aura reading perks. If all you play is survivour youll never understand the reason killers do half of the scummy things they do.
  • Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    edited February 2019

@Zarathos said:
    CronaWins said:

@Master said:

I could argue bt is also for crap rescuers. You should be bodyblocking for survivours and outplaying the killers power so not to get instadowned or dodge them hatchets. But that would be a stupid statement because its likely you wont be able to juke that killers saw or hatchet if there good. Just like if your killer your tr will give survivours enough time to evade you if there good. 

Some killers like huntress have a directional lullaby ffs. Rember killers are on a very fast timer to find survivours nevermind the chase length which is all pressure put on them to get people off gens. Proxy camping and tunneling is epidemic not because killers are crap at the game. Its because the game has an unreasonably fast pace that demands instant chases with fast downs the marg8n for error as killer is miniscule. 

If your not 100% on the ball with killer one mistake can be the difference between a 0 man and a 4 man. Aura reading perks allow killers to find chases and promotes killer survivour interaction. If you dont want the killer to find you there are plenty of stealth options and counters to existing aura reading perks. If all you play is survivour youll never understand the reason killers do half of the scummy things they do.

This guy right here does actually understand the game

• TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205

Was it end game? I have a lot of survives whine and moan because gates are powered and I am assuring 1-2 kills at this stage if I have been outplayed the entire match. Often told "you make the game not fun" aka your not playing sub-optimal enough.

BBQ dosn't let you see a whole lot... its not the end all for finding a new target, and the one being camped may have been toxic. it is also possible they are a bad killer, camping on your first hook can be very noobish... unless its a highly autistic SWF group. Wait and they will come.

It really is hard to say, there are times camping is good for the killer but its a context thing. Lots of variables can go into the decision based on which killer, player skill, the survives actions up to that point, and stage of the game.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    edited February 2019
    Master said:

@bigbadbeetelborg said:

I love it how I always try to show my aura to killer in early game so he would leave the hook, but 2 others hide in lockers or near hook so there is no reason for killer to leave the hooked person.

Sometimes killer can see all auras, but the person who is getting camped did something to deserve the camp, or killer just wants to camp without "reason" as its their right.
  • TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    It's possible that there were survivors putting pressure on the hook too, so he stayed there.
  • MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    edited February 2019

@Tsulan said:
    MegMain98 said:

@Tsulan said:

It was never hard to hide from it. But continued nerfs on the aura reading defeat its purpose: leading the killer away from the hook.

Back when the generators were highlighted in a very pale red on the killers screen and lockers showed auras, it was harder to hide from it unless you were within the killers terror radius.

Now that the generators are a bright red which can easily hide an aura and lockers can no longer show auras, BBQ isn’t as valuable as it once was.

It wasn’t an intentional nerf to BBQ itself, the locker aura changes and the brightness of generators just made it not as great as it once was.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@bigbadbeetelborg said:
    fluffybunny said:

I was soloing, but at the end saw a mixed bag of ranks, so the others prob were. As such, idk the whole story on the others' level of toxicity.

Oh, it's possible you got unlucky, then. I've had multiple games where the killer camped 'cause SWF was present, though I don't expect to get out if I'm ever hooked tbh.