The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The way to fix the swf power imbalance is to take away a perk slot per swf member

4 swfs get 1 perk each, 3 get 2, and 2 get 3. Do this and give killers 25% stackable bp per member in the post game (so a 4 person group gives killers 100% extra bp on top of bbq or puddings or streamers etc) and I bet there would be much more willingness to play with a swf group. 

Comments

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

oh boy

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946
    They have 16 perks each plus nerf killer perks.

Complete list here: 
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/44286/swf-buffs/p1
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

I mean we can discuss but they are not going to nerf SWF.

A reasonable change like survivors not being able to see killers' loadout came after 3 years.

Not to mention that punishing people for wanting to play a multiplayer game with their friends is a terrible business practice.

You can argue that devs are throwing their principles away for money etc. but it doesn't mean anything to me honestly. I doubt it means much to them either.

I don't see any nerf coming for survivor friend groups any time soon.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    Delfador said:

A reasonable change like survivors not being able to see killers' loadout came after 3 years.

Not to mention that punishing people for wanting to play a multiplayer game with their friends is a terrible business practice.

You can argue that devs are throwing their principles away for money etc. but it doesn't mean anything to me honestly. I doubt it means much to them either.

Probably not and I think ultimately it would be okay because this game is fun to play with friends (like actually playing with friends not getting sweaty) but in the current state killers get an unnecessary hard and toxic time from such players who sweat with friends... and there’s really nothing to incentivize going into a game with such toxic players. At the very least killers should be dramatically compensated with bp and everyone wins - killers get bp to level up for their hard/wasted time, survivors don’t get lobby dodged. 
  • Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839
    edited February 2019
    It would look bad for the game and the devs if they handed out BPs for facing SWF squads. It would be them admitting they won’t do anything about voice chat. 

“Yeah we know SWF isn’t balanced, is toxic, and not fun but we don’t give a damn. Here’s some blood points. Now shut up.”
  • FalseFroggs
    FalseFroggs Member Posts: 60

What about going in the other direction and giving the Killer an extra perk slot if the SWF group is made up of 3 or 4 members? 2 or less, Killer gets the regular 4 perk slots. 3 SWF members grants 1 extra perk slot, 4 SWF grants extra perk slot + extra offering or something? Maybe a pop-up on the Killer's screen before the game starts would give him time to select his perk/ perk + offering? Or maybe Killer choice of 2 extra perks, but they're tier/level/notch 1 perks (sorry, can't remember if that actually has a name).

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

There's very few options that can be done about SWF, They could have an Indicator to show SWF Giving the killers to option to go against an unbalance in the game or they can Buff Solo and Killers.

Punishing people for partying up isn't the way to go, especially when they're a majority of your player base and customers.
    However, on the flip side, ignoring the other portion of your customers who are needed for the others to play the game is also a bad move, which sadly is how a lot of killer players feel right now.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    An swf can coordinate to win easily with no perks.

They could start with working on making 4 man SWF more balanced, test it on a ptb or ask the streamers to team up in a test environment where they could add more objectives for them, an extra gen or two, more totems, remove offering and item stacking so one flashlight, toolbox, medkit map offering etc make bp offerings exempt only.
  • HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Wrong. 
    Voice communication > any perk you can imagine.
  • MakoFenrir
    MakoFenrir Member Posts: 51
    pemberley said:
    4 swfs get 1 perk each, 3 get 2, and 2 get 3. Do this and give killers 25% stackable bp per member in the post game (so a 4 person group gives killers 100% extra bp on top of bbq or puddings or streamers etc) and I bet there would be much more willingness to play with a swf group. 
    I really wish they didn’t take away the LOL button 😭
  • KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747
    They should integrate more perks into killer for each swf member. Like 2 people of SWF gives you ruin (if you have the teachable) 3 gives you ruin and noed, all 4 SWF gives you surveillance ruin and noed or something. Then both sides get extra perks from having swf.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Delfador said:

Yeah balancing the game = bad business practice

DBD is the only game where this might be true since they rely on their survivor community being used to crutches