The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

DS "Nerf"

Cymer
Cymer Member Posts: 946
edited February 2019 in General Discussions
What if we would alter DS, that it only activates after the first hook? The first chase is most often a crucial point in the game and this way the DS perk won't break the game anymore that hard.

Alternative we could alter DS, that it works like Adrenaline, it activates only after the gens are all powered. This would give the killer a real counterplay during the match, like the survivors have with NOED, and if the killer mismanage his kills, genprotection and play it is his own fault and the survivor still would get his high and probably win. It also would feel more skilled, to be truly the obsession of the killer and still managed to live till the end.

@not_Queen did the dev team tried something similar?

Comments

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839
    You last point would match with the plot of the Halloween movie. Laurie was the last survivor after all of Myer’s massacre. 
  • PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

Decisive strike is just a better version of deliverance and even deliverance has a prerequisite. Give decisive strike a prerequisite at least.

• Cymer
    Sooo, would that s fix DS?
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited February 2019
    Cymer said:
    No, it's still an extremely OP perk that if used at the right time can cost the killer a kill or more.

There is no counter to it. If the last person alive has it then they get the hatch guarenteed with no counter play.

Sometimes it gets used in a good spot, the survivor manages to get to a strong loop and this buys the remaining survivors time to finish the last gen, thus ensuring they get the doors open.

All this has happened so many times to me the past few days all because of one perk.

Decisive Strike can not be balanced in its current form. It needs to go. There is no alternative. The idea about having it be a stun might have worked but the problem is anything where it gives the survivor a free escape is too OP, but the devs in their wisdom think it NEEDS to grant an escape off their shoulder which is why it will always remain an OP crutch perk.

The best thing to do would be to remove it from the game entirely.

I mean how many times do you hear someone rant about toxic survivors and you hear "oh yeah they were tbagging, bodyblocking, multiple DS, flashlight clicking etc" - you hear that so much from people. Notice how only one of those is a perk? And how this perk always comes up when people talk avout toxic behaviour? It really says there is a problem with the perk. It's completely unfair.
  • Cymer
    edited February 2019
    Cymer said:
    No, it's still an extremely OP perk that if used at the right time can cost the killer a kill or more.

There is no counter to it. If the last person alive has it then they get the hatch guarenteed with no counter play.

Sometimes it gets used in a good spot, the survivor manages to get to a strong loop and this buys the remaining survivors time to finish the last gen, thus ensuring they get the doors open.

All this has happened so many times to me the past few days all because of one perk.

Decisive Strike can not be balanced in its current form. It needs to go. There is no alternative. The idea about having it be a stun might have worked but the problem is anything where it gives the survivor a free escape is too OP, but the devs in their wisdom think it NEEDS to grant an escape off their shoulder which is why it will always remain an OP crutch perk.

I mean how many times do you hear someone rant about toxic survivors and you hear "oh yeah they were tbagging, bodyblocking, multiple DS, flashlight clicking etc" - you hear that so much from people. Notice how only one of those is a perk? And how this perk always comes up when people talk avout toxic behaviour? It really says there is a problem with the perk. It's completely unfair.
    That's why I suggested that DS only triggers after all gens are done.
    You as a killer get 3 min + to kill your obsession. That's a counterplay option, would match with the theme of the original Lorrie scenario and would be truly on a level of NOED, Adrenaline and Remember Me.
    You get high risk and high reward when you pick DS when it only triggers in the end game.
  • e8Lattice
    e8Lattice Member Posts: 189
    edited February 2019

I don't actually use DS, I have far more useful perks for my survivors, DS is just a 'crutch' killers like to cry about, I mean really? just turn around and chase them again it's not that hard. (besides, chasing is fun!)

Sure nerf DS but in exchange:

• Double the spacing between all hooks
    • Half the amount of hooks there are already

Do that ^ and we have a deal.

It's all about compromise =D

• e8Lattice
    e8Lattice Member Posts: 189

@Thaznar said:

@e8Lattice said:
    I don't actually use DS, I have far more useful perks for my survivors, DS is just a 'crutch' killers like to cry about, I mean really? just turn around and chase them again it's not that hard. (besides, chasing is fun!)

Killers need to manage time well in order to even stand a chance - DS requires no skill and promotes lazy gameplay. It also consumes a lot of killer's time and does not reward him for doing well, but it rewards survivors for doing poorly - where is the logic in that may I ask?

@Thaznar said:
    I lost all faith in the dev team - they are very insecure to nerf DS, because they fear the negative feedback. Sad part is DS is one thing in the entire game that fuels toxicity and it seems devs do approve it. The perk itself requires no skill, and most DS users DC every time they are outplayed by the killer. This perk needs to be reworked because in it's current state it's just terrible for both sides.

The list of toxic things killers have and do is so long I won't even bother to begin to list them. Come on man denial is an ugly thing.

If we want people to join, stay and invite their friends to dbd we should be working towards a fair and balanced game that is fun for all.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Thaznar said:
    I lost all faith in the dev team - they are very insecure to nerf DS, because they fear the negative feedback. Sad part is DS is one thing in the entire game that fuels toxicity and it seems devs do approve it.

They also chickened out regarding the Hatch change. They always end up catering to the fun of the majority because there's where their revenue comes from.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    edited February 2019

I'm still proud to have never ever used that Perk to this day, not even when I had to have it equipped to get Adept Laurie. It's literally the only Perk I refuse to use, because I consider it completely unfair and skillless. Decisive Strike cannot be balanced in its current forum.

• The_Crusader

@e8Lattice said:

They've already done that in the most recent patch, some maps are unplayable now with hook spawns.

• The_Crusader

@Cymer said:
    The_Crusader said:

Cymer said:

That's why I suggested that DS only triggers after all gens are done.
    You as a killer get 3 min + to kill your obsession. That's a counterplay option, would match with the theme of the original Lorrie scenario and would be truly on a level of NOED, Adrenaline and Remember Me.
    You get high risk and high reward when you pick DS when it only triggers in the end game.

what exactly do you mean?

You mean like a rancor effect?

If DS could only be used by one person, but in return the killer got the instadown and mori once gens were done OR once the hatch was open then yes it would be ok.

• NathanExplosion
    NathanExplosion Member Posts: 337
    edited February 2019

I'm personally more amused to see that you all still believe/hope it will eventually come one day.

• NathanExplosion
    NathanExplosion Member Posts: 337
    edited February 2019

@Thaznar said:

If the devs have any degree of integrity left in them they should go with the change to DS.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

@Thaznar said:
    I lost all faith in the dev team - they are very insecure to nerf DS, because they fear the negative feedback. Sad part is DS is one thing in the entire game that fuels toxicity and it seems devs do approve it. The perk itself requires no skill, and most DS users DC every time they are outplayed by the killer. This perk needs to be reworked because in it's current state it's just terrible for both sides.

I mean OPs suggestion would sort of fix DS to probably the best we're likely to get. It being an end game perk would finally introduce a counter killer perk, Rancor. I don't see why the Devs wouldn't want this change, it seems an easy fix.

• rafajsp
    rafajsp Member Posts: 475

Problem:
    90% of DS users suck at the game and want a second chance, but the killer gets punished anyways.
    5% uses to try be a bully with DS, DH instaheal and adren package.
    5% are really good and just want to show others they can keep the killer for 5 gens (if a newcome killer).

Solution:
    Slug DS all day, even with Enduring. You loose a stack but not the game. He is going to have a fun game pressing Recover.
    Mori next time.
    Rinse and repeat.

I'm killer main on PS4 so it's easier to me because they cannot change names.

PS.: Close you profile or care not about messages but your not the scum here.

• SIlentCetra
    SIlentCetra Member Posts: 187
    Thaznar said:

@e8Lattice said:

Killers need to manage time well in order to even stand a chance - DS requires no skill and promotes lazy gameplay. It also consumes a lot of killer's time and does not reward him for doing well, but it rewards survivors for doing poorly - where is the logic in that may I ask?

I could say the same thing about NOED and survivors.
  • Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

They're aiming for 50% escapes rate. They need to rather buff something else and later nerf the DS.

• junkevil
    junkevil Member Posts: 25

@PolarBear said:
    Decisive strike is just a better version of deliverance and even deliverance has a prerequisite. Give decisive strike a prerequisite at least.

The prerequisite is that you have to hit a skill check.