The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

SWF needs a buff!

SWF is great fun if you're a survivor. But it can be horrendous if you're a killer going up against it. I play most of my survivor with my friends and more often than not, when the killer realises we're working together and he/she is getting pumped, they'll disconnect or go AFK. Admittedly, whenever I play killer and go up against SWF I roll my eyes, do my best and usually struggle to a 2K and watch as the other 2 tea bag me on their way out the exit gate. Then await the salty comments which always follow.

In an ideal world, SWF wouldn't be part of ranked play. KYF and SWF would be separate to ranked play - create a SWF league or something, I don't know! The game is already stacked against the killer - going up against up to four players with voice communication is practically mission impossible if the survivors are half decent.

Granted. SWF is a big draw for people and encourages people into the game. I imagine without SWF, some might not even bother playing DBD. If the devs decide that that's more important than keeping ranked play balanced then I can actually understand that. Money does talk. But no way should a killer be punished because he's entered a lobby of 4 friends with microphones.

Killers going up against SWF should be immune to losing rank and receive bonus blood points to sweeten the deal. No killer enjoys playing those games - if SWF is going to stay, at least give Killers a reason to stop disconnecting. They would probably stop stressing out about losing rank, accept the fact that they're probably going to get violated this round and try to enjoy it knowing that they're not going to lose anything and they'll make 25% bonus bloodpoints.

Comments

• JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    Just make a casual and ranked mode like most games have.

And have SWF banned from ranked.
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    edited February 2019
    1.Killers should have a toggle to pick play with SWF groups or not! Let them sit there till they get a lobby with a killer who doesn’t mind playing against them.
    2. Introduce a perk limiter so they can’t have more than 1 instance of the same perk in play in any one game.
    3. Killers get extra perk slots for SWF groups 

• captainlongshlong
    captainlongshlong Member Posts: 87

@Paddy4583 said:
    1.Killers should have a toggle to pick play with SWF groups or not! Let them sit there till they get a lobby with a killer who doesn’t mind playing against them.
    2. Introduce a perk limiter so they can’t have more than 1 instance of the same perk in play in any one game.

True. SWF with mics get a free 'Empathy' if they have mics. If they're injured they can just tell their teammates where they are. That's a bit dumb.

• Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533
    JanTheMan said:

Queue time increased massively

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    Do people really lose time healing in SWF?
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

@JanTheMan said:

Lol, you have that backwards don't you? Casual is for the solo survivors and SWF is for the ones who are more serious.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

@Paddy4583 said:

Just... no.

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864

@JanTheMan said:

Lol, you have that backwards don't you? Casual is for the solo survivors and SWF is for the ones who are more serious.

Your opinion only.