The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Can’t maps be a secret offering?

I am tired of people dodging certain maps. If they randomly end up at that map it’s ok. But why is it different when they see which likely map they’re gonna go. Somehow it does make a difference.

Also I think we can use more secret offerings.
Maybe with more probability they don’t assume it’s a mori and maybe this might reduce loading screen disconnects a bit. 

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Well you can dodge ingame too.
    Why? Because DCing isnt punished.... lul

• Paiz
    Paiz Member Posts: 81
    edited February 2019

Would you rather they dodge in the match and leave you with more gens to do? More secret offerings is a good idea though, i'm not a fan of instantly knowing it's a match i'll lose after 1 hook.

• Chrona
    Chrona Member Posts: 245

I LOVE this idea!

On the survivor's side, it's desperately needed, since they only have one kind of secret offering. You change where you spawn, or...that's it. Even just changing the map offerings to secret will give enough of a wider selection that this problem will cease to exist.

On the killer's side, it helps with preventing the survivors for guessing who they're playing against. I mean, a billy won't be burning the memorial institute, and myers will stay the hell away from the coldridge farm. If I see memorial institute, I always suspect scratched mirror (or vanity mirror) myers, and coldridge farm has several great maps for mobility killers like billy or the nurse.

All in all, I like this change, because for survivors, it can act as a red herring for the only actual secret offings they have, and for killers, it removes the "why did they pick that map" speculation before the start of the match

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    edited February 2019
    Seems like a good idea some people dodge maps they don't like on both sides. And it stops the whole "oh killer has mori. Oh survivors are grouped up" thing.
  • Paiz
    Paiz Member Posts: 81

@starkiller1286 said:
    Seems like a good idea some people dodge maps they don't like on both sides. And it stops the whole "oh killer has mori. Oh survivors are grouped up" thing.

Less of the survivors are grouped thing, but i see where your coming from. I think i'd prefer not immediately knowing its a 4 petrified oak swf until the end.