The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I'd like to see a small bonus for...

Paiz
Paiz Member Posts: 81

Getting a 4k in a very short time or without 1 gen being completed (at least in high ranks). Yeah, there's already the reward of bloodpoints and xp you get for every match but matches like those feel like a real accomplishment. Something like "Quick Trial - 1000 sacrifice points" seems like enough. I'd also like to see end of season rewards but everyone already wants that.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

That feeling when you 4k, but dont even get a pip.....

• AntiJelly
    AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155

Every time I get bronze chaser. Every. Single. Time.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@Master said:

Wait... WHAT?! Did you like, grab everyone off a gen or locker? You are a true Master.

• perotx
    perotx Member Posts: 77

No. My playstyle is very slow and games tend to last a LONG time, but I almost always get 4k's. My playstyle is clearly effective, therefore I don't see why you should be rewarded just because our playstyles are different.

• Paiz

@perotx said:
    No. My playstyle is very slow and games tend to last a LONG time, but I almost always get 4k's. My playstyle is clearly effective, therefore I don't see why you should be rewarded just because our playstyles are different.

I understand that, but a quick trial usually results in a single pip and even a black pip. Long matches that end in 4ks are nearly always double pips.
    I just want to know if you think a short match 4k takes more skill than a long match 4k in high ranks.

• AntiJelly

@Paiz said:

@perotx said:

I understand that, but a quick trial usually results in a single pip and even a black pip. Long matches that end in 4ks are nearly always double pips.
    I just want to know if you think a short match 4k takes more skill than a long match 4k in high ranks.

I don't think that's true. Quick matches do usually end in single pips, but not black pips. It's all because of getting bronze chaser that you can't double pip in a quick match.

• Paiz

@AntiJelly said:

@Paiz said:

@perotx said:

I don't think that's true. Quick matches do usually end in single pips, but not black pips. It's all because of getting bronze chaser that you can't double pip in a quick match.

You're right, maybe match time should somehow correlate to chaser?

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

getting a 4k with 5 gens still done should grant a bonus of 10k BP

Getting a 4k with 4 gens done should be a bonus of 5k BP

In both cases there was no slugging as the hatch wasn't even in play.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Shad03 said:

@Master said:

Wait... WHAT?! Did you like, grab everyone off a gen or locker? You are a true Master.

Moriing with devour hope or myers addons really hurts your emblem points

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@Master said:

@Shad03 said:

@Master said:

Moriing with devour hope or myers addons really hurts your emblem points

Completely forgot those existed as I don't use them. Devour Hope gets taken out in the first second, and I don't play Myers too much.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited February 2019
    Short matches or with 5 gens still to go don't really represent any skill, it usually comes down to survivors not doing gens and hook rushing.

The devs want longer, fun and engaging matches hence you get more points and pips, as someone already stated why reward one playstyle which goes against the devs ethos and also would probably make for more less fun tactics?

Killers already generally get more points than survivors, this would cause a bigger inbalance, the other aspect is you have to reward both sides for faster games so survivors should in theory be rewarded more for gen rushing and getting out making the game less fun overall.

What they could do to lessen the grind is reward killers more for each new survivor being hooked and also survivor more for all there objectives evenly like gens, saving, healing, totems making them want to do all four and not just rush the gens.
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522
    I dunno', you already get 2,500 for killing all four survivors. I think rewarding someone for doing it quickly would be a little redundant and also encourage deranking to pick on new players. At the same time, I feel like if you were significantly better than the survivors and killed them all before a single generator goes off, you're basically getting points because the matchmaking gave you an easy match.
  • Paiz

@Peanits said:
    I dunno', you already get 2,500 for killing all four survivors. I think rewarding someone for doing it quickly would be a little redundant and also encourage deranking to pick on new players. At the same time, I feel like if you were significantly better than the survivors and killed them all before a single generator goes off, you're basically getting points because the matchmaking gave you an easy match.

Yeah, I guess that really all matters on the matchmaking. I did specify in high ranks so you cant rank down for the bonus.

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Paiz said:

Getting a 4k in a very short time or without 1 gen being completed (at least in high ranks). Yeah, there's already the reward of bloodpoints and xp you get for every match but matches like those feel like a real accomplishment. Something like "Quick Trial - 1000 sacrifice points" seems like enough. I'd also like to see end of season rewards but everyone already wants that.

Wants Reward for shot matches 
    Will moan when gen rushed and game to short
  • yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

@AntiJelly said:

@Paiz said:

@perotx said:

@AntiJelly said:

@Paiz said:

@perotx said:

i've had billy games where i've 4Ked and gotten 0 on chaser lol

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

@AntiJelly said:

@Paiz said:

@perotx said:

@AntiJelly said:

@Paiz said:

@perotx said:

i've had billy games where i've 4Ked and gotten 0 on chaser lol

• AntiJelly

@Paddy4583 said:
    Paiz said:

? Wouldn't you want killers who absolutely destroyed a team to rank above them? Isn't it intrinsically bad for there to be higher skilled players playing against lower skilled players?

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

I think this is one of those things the devs would be smart to just leave alone. If they went out of their way to do this, I see nothing but complaints in their future. Either the reward is too small, the criteria for earning it is too hard, there is no survivor version for "fast escape", etc, etc. No one currently expects anything for fast kills. So why even start an issue?

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

@Shad03 said:

@Master said:

Usually these games are when you get a basement hook early in the game and it quickly spirals out of control. Especially with a killer like The Trapper that traps all the entrances to the basement. A couple of "snaps" later and all the survivors are dead.

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    AntiJelly said:

@Paddy4583 said:
    Paiz said:

? Wouldn't you want killers who absolutely destroyed a team to rank above them? Isn't it intrinsically bad for there to be higher skilled players playing against lower skilled players?

No because because that’s not what would happen and you know it, and it’s the reason it works the way it does.