The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Whats the correct play

Lillika
Lillika Member Posts: 38
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

Situation 1

Survivor stands just a little too far from exit and I am able to grab him after free hit? do I let him escape anyways cus he was being nice and giving me a free hit? or do I hang him on a hook?

Situation 2

2 players left, gates are open and near. One player has DS and is currently slugged but can reach the exit before they bleed out, but not before the other player is sacrificed. The other player is on the hook. If I let the hook get sacrificed I won't be able to hook the ds player? Do I pick up the DS player and let them DS? or wait for hook to be sacrificed and then try to pick up DS player and hope they fail ds?

I am looking for answers that lead to the most probable BP. Also answers that lead to whiny survivors not going apeshit at the end game chat cus "I camped" or something.

Comments

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119
    edited February 2019

In the first scenario, sometimes players misjudge the distance to the "escape" line, so you'd end up with a pretty pissed person. Technically, they made it to the exit and could have escaped. Now, many will say they didn't, because they like to give killers a free hit or ability down (chainsaw, huntress axe, etc) so in most cases I'd let them go.

If you had a Mori, which would be wasted upon their escape, go ahead and kill them. Hanging around in exit should only be "do I need to save a teammate?" or "let killer hit me once; I'll take my chances it's not NOED"

*Edit: During this event, which is pretty hard to get coins through normal play, I'd let them all go. It's hard enough getting a lantern before someone else, watching killer destroy them, killer hooks a bunch but ends up with maybe 10pts a match when you need 600. It's really a desperate system for players right now.

• Mullato
    Mullato Member Posts: 104
    Kill the guy standing at the exit gate.
  • Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    1. Hook em
    2. If the DS isn't used, leave him or look around for nearby hooks. If you're close enough, you can juggle them to a hook without them activating DS.
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522
    Situation 1 is whatever you feel like. If they're actually a nice guy I would be nice back, but that's just me. If they're doing it to taunt and it backfired on them, that's just bittersweet. If you want bloodpoints, you'd of course be better off hooking them.

Situation 2 depends on a variety of factors. If you can juggle them to a hook, do that. They'll probably have to crawl near one to get out the gate (there's almost always a hook near an exit gate), so unless you hooked the other guy there already- which you should never do unless you absolutely have to- you should be able to juggle them there. Worst case scenario, wait for first guy to die, pick up DS, you get stunned and they escape, you get a couple chase points.

I'd also give an honourable mention to enduring. Even if you can't get them to a hook, you might be able to get them far enough away by juggling, eat the stun and then catch up before they escape.
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited February 2019
    Scenario 1: Either choice is fine.  I would personally hang them on the hook as long as there wasn't some super early DC that basically screwed all the Survivors over.

Scenario 2: Depends on how close to the hooked Survivor the DS player is.  If they are far enough that you might still down them and hook them anyways before they can free the Survivor, I'd eat the Decisive Strike and go for it.  If they're close to the hooked person and the hooked person is close to the exit, I would not chance it.

Note that players are an unpredictable lot and trying to please them purely to avoid unsavory messages post-game probably isn't going to be as effective as you'd hope.
  • OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    edited February 2019
    Lillika said:

Situation 1

Survivor stands just a little too far from exit and I am able to grab him after free hit? do I let him escape anyways cus he was being nice and giving me a free hit? or do I hang him on a hook?

Situation 2

2 players left, gates are open and near. One player has DS and is currently slugged but can reach the exit before they bleed out, but not before the other player is sacrificed. The other player is on the hook. If I let the hook get sacrificed I won't be able to hook the ds player? Do I pick up the DS player and let them DS? or wait for hook to be sacrificed and then try to pick up DS player and hope they fail ds?

I am looking for answers that lead to the most probable BP. Also answers that lead to whiny survivors not going apeshit at the end game chat cus "I camped" or something.

In scenario 1 that's a definite hook for me , if you stick around and aren't leaving when you have the opportunity then that's not the killers problem and you just added a tally to the death toll

Scenario 2 I would pick them up and see if they fail it or dribble them to a nearby hook if it's available, that's another sacrifice scoring you're missing by not attempting, unless you are just going to watch him crawl out for your own enjoyment I suggest trying lol
  • Lillika
    Lillika Member Posts: 38

Yeah the hooked surv was the one closest to the exit gate, and the DS was close to the hooked survivor, I knew the only hook I could get them to by dribbling was the one being used. In hindsight the currect play is to try and dribble the ds somewhere, hook or away, and then get them one of them after they free their friend, but there is always the real possiblity of the ds stun being too long and them both escaping if I go this route.

In game in both of these situations I did the following

1. hooked the survivor
    2. let the hooked survivor die then tried unsuccessfully to dribble the DS to the next available hook, missing the dribble by just a second.

In both cases I was yelled at by the survivors, in all fairness though situation 1 there was an early dc.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Lillika said:

Yeah the hooked surv was the one closest to the exit gate, and the DS was close to the hooked survivor, I knew the only hook I could get them to by dribbling was the one being used. In hindsight the currect play is to try and dribble the ds somewhere, hook or away, and then get them one of them after they free their friend, but there is always the real possiblity of the ds stun being too long and them both escaping if I go this route.

In game in both of these situations I did the following

1. hooked the survivor
    2. let the hooked survivor die then tried unsuccessfully to dribble the DS to the next available hook, missing the dribble by just a second.

In both cases I was yelled at by the survivors, in all fairness though situation 1 there was an early dc.

I'd say you did fine.  Don't let salty people get to you.
  • JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

In situation 1, if I were feeling benevolent I would at least pick them up to scare them a little before putting them down again to crawl out. That way they at least know you gave them their escape.