The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killers should see survivor ranks

If you’re a yellow rank killer you should know if a red rank is in your lobby. 

Comments

• StopDropPANIC
    StopDropPANIC Member Posts: 33

Too many dodgers.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

Too many dodgers.

Too many derankers knowing full well they’re not playing in their own league. 
  • LegitAdventurer
    LegitAdventurer Member Posts: 505
    Yeah right lol. We already wait 10 minutes at a time for games just to get dodged. Maybe if they wanted to drown this already sinking game.
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Survivors should see killers lobby for the exact same reason.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Makes sense and seems fair but doubt it will happen.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@pemberley said:
    If you’re a yellow rank killer you should know if a red rank is in your lobby. 

Will never happen, this way SWF cant queue up with low ranks to face a low rank killer

• Master

@Poweas said:

Any killer would agree.
    Show the ranks of everyone to everyone. Seems like a fair deal

• Poweas

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

Any killer would agree.

Yup. I find it unusual that me and you have started to agree a lot more nowadays. It's a nice change.

• Master

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

Any killer would agree.

Yup. I find it unusual that me and you have started to agree a lot more nowadays. It's a nice change.

Yes, but it will never go live since that would mean that SWF would get dodged :wink:

• Poweas

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

Any killer would agree.

Yes, but it will never go live since that would mean that SWF would get dodged :wink:

Yeah they would. They'd cry too.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

I'm not sure if showing rank would actually be a good idea. I'd rather just have the SWF's lowest rank be the rank of the killer (so if you have a rank 2 and a rank 10, you're getting a rank 2). That seems like a fair change that wouldn't result in more dodging.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

@fluffybunny said:
    I'm not sure if showing rank would actually be a good idea. I'd rather just have the SWF's lowest rank be the rank of the killer (so if you have a rank 2 and a rank 10, you're getting a rank 2). That seems like a fair change that wouldn't result in more dodging.

Seems fair, if the queue times weren’t awful. When I play SWF on PS4 (which is rarely), we’ll sit in matchmaking for half an hour. I was Rank 2 and my friend was Rank 18...we ended up getting a Rank 10 because that was the best option. You won’t always get the highest rank because queue times are super long.

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    They specifically removed it in a patch last year to prevent killers from lobby dodging. They also made it so the killer is unable to see the amount of hours played a survivor has though recently I've been able to do so.

This was implemented to prevent killers from cherry picking easy matches that they knew they'd win.
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@MegMain98 said:

@fluffybunny said:

Seems fair, if the queue times weren’t awful. When I play SWF on PS4 (which is rarely), we’ll sit in matchmaking for half an hour. I was Rank 2 and my friend was Rank 18...we ended up getting a Rank 10 because that was the best option. You won’t always get the highest rank because queue times are super long.

I've heard people talk about having a pool for match up, too, which may help the wait time for higher ranks. So, you'd get in a game with 1-5, etc.