The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is there any point to prestige besides bloody clothes?

I leveled up my Freddy and Doc under the assumption that p3 50 was when you could actually get all of the perks available, but it turns out you can just stay at 50 and optionally prestige. 

Besides clothes and trophies and maybe bragging rights, is there any genuine benefit to p3ing a character? 

Comments

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    You have a better chance of generating a rarity items in the bloodweb. I have over 40 Iridescent Kings, 50 High Stimulus Electrodes, and at least 20 of every other add-on. I also got my favorite perks faster. I have 30 Ebony, 50 Ivory, and 15 Cypress moris, and 23 Black Wards
  • JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    No, it's just more grind. I don't even care about the bloody clothes anymore with all the new cosmetics.
  • tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

@JanTheMan said:
    No, it's just more grind. I don't even care about the bloody clothes anymore with all the new cosmetics.

Incorrect. You do get a slight higher % chance of getting more rares, very rares, and ultra rares and less commons and uncommons in your blood web.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

There's a very small (barely noticeable) increase in the probability of higher-quality items as well.

• JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495

@JanTheMan said:

Incorrect. You do get a slight higher % chance of getting more rares, very rares, and ultra rares and less commons and uncommons in your blood web.

So more grind...
  • Jed
    Jed Member Posts: 254
    JanTheMan said:

@JanTheMan said:

So more grind...
    Yeah you would think this game was f2p with all this grinding hehe.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@pemberley said:
     I leveled up my Freddy and Doc under the assumption that p3 50 was when you could actually get all of the perks available, but it turns out you can just stay at 50 and optionally prestige. 

Besides clothes and trophies and maybe bragging rights, is there any genuine benefit to p3ing a character? 

No, only prestige if you want the cloths.
    Its not worth otherwise, trust me

• AntiJelly
    AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155

@Jed said:
    JanTheMan said:

tehshadowman33 said:

@JanTheMan said:

So more grind...

The extra "grind" you're talking about is literally like a couple hours worth of bloodpoints. I can get a p3 lvl 50 character in one week if I have a killer with BBQ and survivor puddings.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

Generally its not really worth it unless your a completionist like me. I want to max everyone out so i do it for a continued sense of progression but it has no real benefits besides a small, virtually unnoticeable increase in item rarity in the bloodweb. Only character that it is really worth doing it on is claudette since her P3 outfit makes her invisible.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

No.

I've seen other peoples stats and there is no difference between the rarity of the items they get. I did it with Feng too and noticed no difference.

It's just for cosmetics at this point.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@AntiJelly said:

@Jed said:
    JanTheMan said:

tehshadowman33 said:

@JanTheMan said:

So more grind...

The extra "grind" you're talking about is literally like a couple hours worth of bloodpoints. I can get a p3 lvl 50 character in one week if I have a killer with BBQ and survivor puddings.

True, I think it costs about 1.2-1.3M BP to bring a lvl 1 character to lvl 50.

The real grind is when you try to get every last perk for the poor sucker. I don't even know how much BP you need for that. 30M? 40M?

• AntiJelly
    edited February 2019

@George_Soros said:

@AntiJelly said:

@Jed said:
    JanTheMan said:

tehshadowman33 said:

@JanTheMan said:

So more grind...

The real grind is when you try to get every last perk for the poor sucker. I don't even know how much BP you need for that. 30M? 40M?

Well, including the tiers, there's about 151 levels required to get all perks. Each lvl 50 bloodweb is ~50k bloodpoints, and the first 49 levels are about ~40k. 49x40k=1,960,000. 102x50k=5,100,000. The total amount of bloodpoints required to get all perks is about 7,000,000 bloodpoints.

This does have about a 500,000 bloodpoint room for error, plus or minus.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Unless you want the clothes it's not worth it, the extra percentage in rarity is not noticeable and extremely small.

It's basically a way to give those with hundred/thousands of hours something to keep grinding for.
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

@tehshadowman33 said:

@JanTheMan said:

I've seen Youtube videos that contest this. A guy spent 1,000,000 bloodpoints on a P3 bloodweb and a non-prestige bloodweb and then put every purchase into a spreadsheet to compare the total number of each rarity. The difference was virtually non-existent. This is pretty consistent with my experience too. Any difference in rarity in the bloodweb is so negligible that it might as well not exist. Prestige only if you want the cosmetics imho.

• Dreamnomad
  • HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    edited February 2019
    AntiJelly said:

@Jed said:
    JanTheMan said:

tehshadowman33 said:

@JanTheMan said:

So more grind...

Exactly, it's not that crazy. I p3'ed 4 Killers and 2 survivors (all between p0 lvl 1-50) during the winter event. I usually wait for double BP events to prestige my characters, it's the fastest way to get them back to lvl 50 and all perks
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@pemberley said:

increase of chances in add-ons rarity, doc can get his iridescent king at p3 at a higher rate and freddy can get class photo at a higher rate

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

@Dreamnomad said:

@tehshadowman33 said:

@JanTheMan said:

I've seen Youtube videos that contest this. A guy spent 1,000,000 bloodpoints on a P3 bloodweb and a non-prestige bloodweb and then put every purchase into a spreadsheet to compare the total number of each rarity. The difference was virtually non-existent. This is pretty consistent with my experience too. Any difference in rarity in the bloodweb is so negligible that it might as well not exist. Prestige only if you want the cosmetics imho.

That guy's sample size was too small to make a statistical correlation.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522
    Bloodwebs get very, very, very slightly better as well, but not to the point where it'll make a noticeable improvement. But otherwise no, it's entirely optional. It's there in case you've done it all and want something else to work on, but if you don't have time for that you can completely ignore it.
  • AntiJelly

@Peanits said:
    Bloodwebs get very, very, very slightly better as well, but not to the point where it'll make a noticeable improvement. But otherwise no, it's entirely optional. It's there in case you've done it all and want something else to work on, but if you don't have time for that you can completely ignore it.

I'm getting all P3s in the hopes the they do a "Legacy 2: Electric Boogaloo"

• Dreamnomad

@tehshadowman33 said:

@Dreamnomad said:

@tehshadowman33 said:

@JanTheMan said:

That guy's sample size was too small to make a statistical correlation.

It takes about 1.5 million bloodpoints to go from 1-50. If you can't tell a difference after spending 6 million bloodpoints then clearly the bonus is so negligible it might as well be non-existent. Which is the entire point. If you can't tell a difference then there might as well not be a difference.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

I didn't prestige any of my killers and went for the full perk repertory instead and still got hundreds (literally) of really nice add-ons and offerings. Besides, I like the available cosmetics way more than the prestige ones. Leatherface is the only exception, his P3 looks great.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

No.
    Someone showed off in a video of doing about 100 Bloodwebs on normal, and on P3.
    The differences were not different very between the two Bloodwebs in rarity count.

Yes, that's just 1 person.
    But that's still more to go on than people just saying: No, it's better on P3.

• Rottimic
    Rottimic Member Posts: 16

Something to keep in mind, after poring over the data from previous bloodweb collection experiments, generally bloodwebs from about 45+ look something like this

• Variable amount of Commons
    • Variable amount of Uncommons
    • 6 rares
    • 3 Very rares
    • 0 or 1 Ultra Rare

Now this is just for bloodwebs outside of special events. But yea, with Greens and Purples seemingly at a fixed number per web past a certain point, prestige has very little wiggle room to work in a bonus.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I think what it comes down to is you get like 1 less white and 1 more green item per bloodweb from p0 to p3. IMO not worth prestige unless you want bloody skins.

• George_Soros
    There are better cosmetics for every single character than the prestige ones.
    I still like prestiging, if only to show my love :)
  • Milkymalk
    Milkymalk Member Posts: 221

@AntiJelly said:
    Well, including the tiers, there's about 151 levels required to get all perks. Each lvl 50 bloodweb is ~50k bloodpoints, and the first 49 levels are about ~40k. 49x40k=1,960,000. 102x50k=5,100,000. The total amount of bloodpoints required to get all perks is about 7,000,000 bloodpoints.

This does have about a 500,000 bloodpoint room for error, plus or minus.

I did the math too while I was grinding BP for prestiges since the last summer event. I leveled quite a few times from L50 to P*L50. After 1.000.000 BP I am usually somewhere between L36 and L42, with 500k-600k needed to get to L50 again. Do this 4x for a character (my math is based on killers) and you end up around 6.2 million BP. If I counted correctly, there are currently 54 killer perks, so you need a total of 54 * 3 - 3 (you start with them) = 159 levels to get all perks. So 6.2 million BP for the first 50 levels (including the 147 level-ups of P3) and 109 more levels at ~50k each = 5.45 million BP for 11.65 million BP in total.

14 killers means all this *14 = 163.1 million BP to get all perks for all killers at P3.

If you level during events (except the current one for obvious reasons) you will save a LOT of BP because the blooweb will be cluttered with 3k event items.

• Ugum
    Ugum Member Posts: 26

@George_Soros said:

@AntiJelly said:

@Jed said:
    JanTheMan said:

tehshadowman33 said:

@JanTheMan said:

So more grind...

I have 1 perk left to get for my Claudette (then to get them all Rank 3). Then I will work on Jake.

Is it worth it? Probably not but as a completionist in just about every game I play, I need to do it.

• George_Soros

@Ugum said:

@George_Soros said:

@AntiJelly said:

@Jed said:
    JanTheMan said:

tehshadowman33 said:

@JanTheMan said:

So more grind...

I have 1 perk left to get for my Claudette (then to get them all Rank 3). Then I will work on Jake.

Is it worth it? Probably not but as a completionist in just about every game I play, I need to do it.

I'd say not very much. I'm trying to rank up two other survivors aside from my favourite Kate, but in the meanwhile feel stupid for it. It's enough to have one survivor up there, seeing as how there's no difference between them.
    Killers, on the other hand... you have to level them up, each one of them that you play, since, unlike survivors, they differ. I got 6 of them on P3 all perks, with Legion on the way. Insane grind, although at least you get some serious bloodpoints when playing killer.