The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Do you dodge in these situations?

HavelmomDaS1
HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
edited February 2019 in General Discussions
- Getting Lery's as Billy 
- Getting Rottenfields as Huntress 
- Getting Rottenfields as Nurse 
- Getting haddonfield as Billy 
- Getting Thompson's as Huntress
- Getting The Game as Trapper 
- A Doctor who used the game offering
- A legion with Frank's

I DC on the first 3 situations, to much pain the ass to play.
Do you have other situations when you just say "nope"?
(yeah yeah, DC'ing is not allowed but I don't do it to an extend which gets me banned. Also, noone is harmed)

Comments

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

No not really. I might consider DCing against a Lagion, but then I realize I can help at least one person to escape. So I stick around.

• Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614
    - Getting Lery's as Billy 
    - GettingsurvivirsRottenfields as Huntress 
    - Getting Rottenfields as Nurse 
    - Getting haddonfield as Billy 
    - Getting Thompson's as Huntress
    - Getting The Game as Trapper 
    - A Doctor who used the game offering
    - A legion with Frank's

(yeah yeah, DC'ing is not allowed but I don't do it to an extend which gets me banned. Also, noone is harmed)
    some survivors take great offense to not being able to loop or DS you!(joke aside) it does infuriate some people to get a killer dc when its like their first match in a while(to ahake off some rust)
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited February 2019
    Nope the only reason to dodge is a really bad ping, anything else is cherry picking a match and not giving the devs the stats they need to see if a rework is needed on certain things.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Nope, never.

Paradoxically I perform best with Billy on Lerys.
  • HavelmomDaS1
    Nope the only reason to dodge is a really bad ping, anything else is cherry picking a match and not giving the devs the stats they need to see if they nees to rework certain things.
    Well, it's a valid point. But keep in mind that we "cherrypicked" the game called DbD to have fun, so obviously people play to have fun and not... To suffer unfun matches. 
    I mean, why playing billy if you get a map like Lery's where you can't really use your M2 ability? Or huntress on Rottenfields where you are slow af and can't see ######### in the corn? Not really a fun experience or is it. 
  • HavelmomDaS1
    Tsulan said:
    Nope, never.

Really? How is that? 
  • Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@Broosmeister said:
    HavelmomDaS1 said:

Tsulan said:

Nope, never.

Really? How is that? 

Because he actually practised on that map unlike a dodging pussy like yourself.

Oooooor Tsulan just smoked some weed?

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Tsulan said:
    Nope, never.

Really? How is that? 
    I have no idea. Maybe survivors get cocky on this map against Billy. 
    I remember how I first thought "#########, I gonna lose big" but then I got a 4k, then another one and at the end I became pretty confident on this map.
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited February 2019
    I don't use those characters too often but I can see how those maos are bad for them.

In general no I don't D/C. The game always shafts me with the worst maps for whichever killer I'm using but I roll with it and figure it's fair and just luck. However if I get coldwind multiple games in a row then I d/c. It's unfair to ask someone to play those maps 5 games in a row especially when survivors burn the offerings timr and time again.

The idea of having it not repeat recently played maps is a good idea.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

• Getting Lery's as Billy 
    • Getting Rottenfields as Huntress 
    • Getting Rottenfields as Nurse 
    • Getting haddonfield as Billy 
    • Getting Thompson's as Huntress
    • Getting The Game as Trapper 
    • A Doctor who used the game offering
    • A legion with Frank's

I dont DC because of maps, I DC because of certain survivors. Usually I try to dodge then in lobby already, but sometimes they sneak through

• LegitAdventurer
    LegitAdventurer Member Posts: 505
    I thought this was a troll post but then realized you were serious. Yikes. 
  • LegitAdventurer
    Tsulan said:
    Nope, never.

Really? How is that? 
    Oh, are you an undercover salty survivor? Unless you can explain how you can use your M2 ability to apply map pressure and travel from gen to gen on this map and not just play an M1 killer I can't take you serious. There is nothing to practice, it's just playing smartly an M1 killer. But if I want to play just an M1 killer then I use someone else and not billy, smh.
    Any killer can perform properly on any map my guy. It's just about playing smart. You know that saying work smarter not harder?

Everytime you dodge or dc you're litterally just screwing yourself out of experience. Like for example, I used to haaaate playing on The Game. But through countless countless losses ive finally gotten really good at that map. Its honestly one of my favorites now. You've gotta hate something before you can love it.
  • HavelmomDaS1
    edited February 2019
    Tsulan said:
    Nope, never.

Really? How is that? 
    Oh, are you an undercover salty survivor? Unless you can explain how you can use your M2 ability to apply map pressure and travel from gen to gen on this map and not just play an M1 killer I can't take you serious. There is nothing to practice, it's just playing smartly an M1 killer. But if I want to play just an M1 killer then I use someone else and not billy, smh.
    Any killer can perform properly on any map my guy. It's just about playing smart. You know that saying work smarter not harder?

Everytime you dodge or dc you're litterally just screwing yourself out of experience. Like for example, I used to haaaate playing on The Game. But through countless countless losses ive finally gotten really good at that map. Its honestly one of my favorites now. You've gotta hate something before you can love it.
    Read carefully my friend. My question was: Why should I play billy if I'm going to play M1 all time? I want to play billy cuz its fun to cruze around the map at high speed, don't you get it? I can still win on lerrys, but was it fun? Not when really, when my intention was to play billy to use M2 most if the time.
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Nope.  I take it on the cheek, no matter what.
  • perotx
    perotx Member Posts: 77

I don't DC.

• LegitAdventurer
    Tsulan said:
    Nope, never.

Really? How is that? 

Read carefully my friend. My question was: Why should I play billy if I'm going to play M1 all time? I want to play billy cuz its fun to cruze around the map at high speed, don't you get it? I can still win on lerrys, but was it fun? Not when really, when my intention was to play billy to use M2 most if the time.
    Then use your m2. Nothing is stopping you but you. Get good at using it in a more controlled manor and I guarantee you'll learn to have more fun with him and have more control with him, on that map and on other maps because of it.
  • LegitAdventurer
    perotx said:

I don't DC.

Be like this guy. This guy #########.
  • Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    edited February 2019

Meh just because something isn’t optimal for u gives u the right to waste 4 other people’s time? Lobby dodge ok to dc in game just cause is a scrub thing to do.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

I never dodge maps.
    Though I might dodge swamp maps if I'm playing nurse since there's a tonne of dead zones for blinks that wont be fixed until the next major update.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Bad ping only. If i draw a bad map as killer its whatever.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

I only dodge for bad ping. If I ever play against anyone hacking or I'm being farmed, that's fair game to DC as well. Otherwise, I just try to roll with the punches.

• HavelmomDaS1
    Tsulan said:
    Nope, never.

Really? How is that? 

Then use your m2. Nothing is stopping you but you. Get good at using it in a more controlled manor and I guarantee you'll learn to have more fun with him and have more control with him, on that map and on other maps because of it.
    It's not fun to use M2 on Lery's if you bump into walls all 10 meters. You know as good as me it's not possible (unless you M2 around the corners of the map, but survivors aren't there anyway).
    I'm just saying, I don't enjoy Lery's as Billy. And it has really nothing to do that it's difficult, cuz I don't have an issue playing nurse on Lerys and that's damn hard. The reason I dont have an issue as Nurse is because I have FUN using M2 all time and blindly predicting survivors behind several walls.
    Thanks anyway tho 
  • HavelmomDaS1
    Cardgrey said:

Meh just because something isn’t optimal for u gives u the right to waste 4 other people’s time? Lobby dodge ok to dc in game just cause is a scrub thing to do.

Has nothing to do with optimal, it's bsout fun. I don't dodge Lery's as Nurse, cuz I have fun using my M2 ability all time. And everyone knows that nurse on Lery's is probably the least optimal situation. 
  • pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    I never dc as killer even when survivors are trying to get me to dc through their toxic behavior. Nor as a survivor when other survivors deliberately try to get me killed - I also enjoy moris when killers aren’t being toxic (rare compared to survivors.) 

The only time I dced was when the power went out because of nasty snow and I personally take it as karma that the particularly nasty survivors I was playing with lost their lantern points. 
  • twistedmonkey
    edited February 2019
    Nope the only reason to dodge is a really bad ping, anything else is cherry picking a match and not giving the devs the stats they need to see if they nees to rework certain things.
    Well, it's a valid point. But keep in mind that we "cherrypicked" the game called DbD to have fun, so obviously people play to have fun and not... To suffer unfun matches. 
    I mean, why playing billy if you get a map like Lery's where you can't really use your M2 ability? Or huntress on Rottenfields where you are slow af and can't see ######### in the corn? Not really a fun experience or is it. 
    It's all part of the game, it's not fun to be flashlighted at every pallet, camped, gen rushed, tunnelled, ds'd, dribbled, Insta heal, moried but if everyone had the right to dodge for every little thing they disliked there would be no matches left to play.

If it's part of the game it's fair to use is my opinion it may not always be balanced and always fun but it is what it is.

Change can't happen if we don't play and show them how it is.
  • HavelmomDaS1
    Tsulan said:
    Nope, never.

Really? How is that? 
    Oh, are you an undercover salty survivor? Unless you can explain how you can use your M2 ability to apply map pressure and travel from gen to gen on this map and not just play an M1 killer I can't take you serious. There is nothing to practice, it's just playing smartly an M1 killer. But if I want to play a simple M1 killer I don't pick billy, smh
  • HavelmomDaS1
    Tsulan said:
    Nope, never.

Really? How is that? 
    Oh, are you an undercover salty survivor? Unless you can explain how you can use your M2 ability to apply map pressure and travel from gen to gen on this map and not just play an M1 killer I can't take you serious. There is nothing to practice, it's just playing smartly an M1 killer. But if I want to play a simple M1 killer I don't pick billy, smh
  • HavelmomDaS1
    It's all part of the game, it's not fun to be flashlighted at every pallet, camped, gen rushed, tunnelled, ds'd, dribbled, Insta heal, moried but if everyone had the right to dodge for every little thing they disliked there would be no matches left to play.

If it's part of the game it's fair to use is my opinion it may not always be balanced and always fun but it is what it is.

Change can't happen if we don't play and show them how it is.
    Yeah I agree with you, it's just like... Why should I suffer the entire match if I could just hit esc+leave match and search a new one and enjoy it? You get what I mean? If devs would actively adjust maps so you can use M2 ability properly with every killer, I would take the suffer till the patches come live. But as far as I know they don't plan adjusting the maps. And it's even worse of you get a certain map you absolutly dislike several times in a row.
  • Broosmeister
    Broosmeister Member Posts: 281
    Then try a different playstyle. Survivors don't want to play vs Doctor on the game map, but should everyone instantly D/C just because they are whiny kids without skills? You tell me. 

I am both killer & survivor. So no i am not a salty survivor. I can't express my hate towards Rotten Fields enough but yeah, just try a bit harder.
  • HavelmomDaS1
    Then try a different playstyle. Survivors don't want to play vs Doctor on the game map, but should everyone instantly D/C just because they are whiny kids without skills? You tell me. 

I am both killer & survivor. So no i am not a salty survivor. I can't express my hate towards Rotten Fields enough but yeah, just try a bit harder.
    Why should I try a different playstyle? I don't really get point you are trying to make, I pick billy cuz I like to use his M2 ability to travel around the map (+ the addition insta down obviously). 

And yes, there is nothing more boring and annoying than a hostage doctor on the game map, I don't judge anyone who DCs against that, because it's a terrible design and has nothing to do with skill.
  • Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

I don't dodge. I play it out. SWF with 4 toolboxes? I load up a goof-around setup with LF or Clown and no worries. They try hard, I play around. I get 20k for playing around, they waste a lot of good stuff and play sweaty for no reason. Kiler tunneling/camping, just focus on gens till I'm out or dead. Bad map, just play it out. The only map I hate is the new one. Horrible map.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

I wouldn't dodge that.

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

I wouldn't dodge that.

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

I wouldn't dodge that.

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

I wouldn't dodge that.

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

I wouldn't dodge that.

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

I wouldn't dodge that.

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

I wouldn't dodge that.

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

• A legion with Frank's

I wouldn't dodge that.

• twistedmonkey
    Yeah I agree with you, it's just like... Why should I suffer the entire match if I could just hit esc+leave match and search a new one and enjoy it? You get what I mean? If devs would actively adjust maps so you can use M2 ability properly with every killer, I would take the suffer till the patches come live. But as far as I know they don't plan adjusting the maps. And it's even worse of you get a certain map you absolutly dislike several times in a row.
    It's understandable but i always think what about the other four people? Its not their fault a crappy map came up and while I may not have as much fun I'll still learn more each time on what i could do better and earn some bloodpoints.

Each to there own I just don't want it to happen to myself so I don't put it onto others.
  • Cardgrey

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Cardgrey said:

Has nothing to do with optimal, it's bsout fun. I don't dodge Lery's as Nurse, cuz I have fun using my M2 ability all time. And everyone knows that nurse on Lery's is probably the least optimal situation. 

Last time I checked there was still hallways u can use it on like I said it’s about being optimal

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917
    edited February 2019
    Never, but i suicide against every nurse until they fix her
  • lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

I only disconnect if a personal real life issue occurs. Beyond that, no. I do though want to offer my opinions on each scenario.

Survivors get cocky and reckless when playing against Billy in Lery's. A bit of modification in Billy playstyle and you can have a fun match

This is more about controlling the survivors and keeping them in paths of good line of sight. Challenging but not too bad

I do not play Nurse so no words of wisdom here

Not really sure the issue with Billy in Haddonfield. I love Haddonfield as Billy.

Not sure the problem with Huntress in Thompson's. Again, force the survivor in areas that keep good line of sight

Oh, I love getting the game as the Trapper. There are so many evil places to put traps in the Game. Oh it is a delight.

Usually those running the Game offering as the Doctor get a bit cocky and think they will have an easy game. Play off their mistakes

• A legion with Frank's

Not much to say on this that has not been said a hundred times. It sucks. Play the hand and carry on to the next match.

• Cardgrey

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Broosmeister said:

HavelmomDaS1 said:

Why should I try a different playstyle? I don't really get point you are trying to make, I pick billy cuz I like to use his M2 ability to travel around the map (+ the addition insta down obviously). 

And yes, there is nothing more boring and annoying than a hostage doctor on the game map, I don't judge anyone who DCs against that, because it's a terrible design and has nothing to do with skill.

Ok then let me ask u this and please answer honestly what if someone used a offering to get that map do u say f you and waste it?

• HavelmomDaS1
    edited February 2019
    Cardgrey said:

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Broosmeister said:

HavelmomDaS1 said:

Ok then let me ask u this and please answer honestly what if someone used a offering to get that map do u say f you and waste it?

If someone uses Lery's while I picked billy? Yes, as Billy I dodge it, with any other killer I play it. I'm completely honest to that, I'm pretty egoistic to this point. I play the game for my enjoyment. Not that I don't care at all about the enjoyment of my opponents, but MY enjoyment stand above others. 
    Any other questions u want to get answered with pure honesty?
  • makayla
    makayla Member Posts: 287

Only times I DC as survivor is if I load into a game with less than four people, those games aren't fun and nobody likes them. Also Legion with Frank's mixtape/stab wounds study chasing people backwards, cya.

As killer, I DC as nurse on Lerys/Yamaoka and that's about it. Sometimes I DC for memes. I was messing around with some survivors, slugged them all, then DCed. Can't tell you why.

• Cardgrey

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Cardgrey said:

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

Broosmeister said:

HavelmomDaS1 said:

If someone uses Lery's while I picked billy? Yes, as Billy I dodge it, with any other killer I play it. I'm completely honest to that, I'm pretty egoistic to this point. I play the game for my enjoyment. Not that I don't care at all about the enjoyment of my opponents, but MY enjoyment stand above others. 

So your the guy who gets hit and dc yes and the guy who if 2 gens get done u leave? Or if u see noed or ds u just dc ? Cause u can. As a wraith main I hate 🌽 but I don’t just leave.and while I wanna say ty for your honesty(and really most wouldn’t be honest) your no better then a 1st hit down survivor that dcs.

• HavelmomDaS1
    Cardgrey said:

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Cardgrey said:

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

Broosmeister said:

HavelmomDaS1 said:

So your the guy who gets hit and dc yes and the guy who if 2 gens get done u leave? Or if u see noed or ds u just dc ? Cause u can. As a wraith main I hate 🌽 but I don’t just leave.and while I wanna say ty for your honesty(and really most wouldn’t be honest) your no better then a 1st hit down survivor that dcs.

I never DC midgame, I always commit till to the end once I started. I never DC as survivor cuz this is destroying the whole match for everyone. As killer, I only dc at the above mentioned situations. Noone is really hurt and the survivors can move on to the next game.
    Anything else you want to know?
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Nope.