The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Do you identify as a killer or survivor main more?

I play both so technically I am neither or both. 

But I think I sympathize and relate to being a killer main more. Survivors, whether playing with or against, are definitely more likely to employ toxic behavior than killers and killers are just more fun to make builds for imo. 

Comments

• JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    I'm a sURrVivOr mAiN
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

I am more than a survivor main.

I am a P3 Claudette main.

Lately I have started to play more killer though.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    I was a pure survivor main at release, became a killer main around 2017 and now I play both sides pretty equally.

I empathise more with killers because I know how busted it can be to verse good survivors on certain maps, I always feel bad if I run a killer for 5 gens. Especially if he used all tools given but doesn't have a chance to catch me and my mates are Genrushing him to death.
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

I like playing both, but I'm not as good at killer or used to all the mechanics as I am with survivor. I can empathize with both sides, though, and I'll say you'll run into the occasion toxic SWF/Survivor as a solo player, too. I like to play around with perks and different builds as survivor.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    I play both, but see myself more Killer focused.  I find it more fun and their abilities and perks to make the game far more interesting and rewarding when I play well. 
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I identify as a potato.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I usually play both, but I became a killer main for the event, I feel bad for the survivors' long waiting times

• Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828
    I play the one that runs away with randoms that either bully the killer or dies immediately because they don’t know what they’re doing.
  • ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

Both.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Killer.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553
    I keep data because I'm a nerd. Since December 13th I've played survivor at a 3:1 ratio. I do not agree with your assessment that killers run up against more toxicity. But that is just my own experiences and bias that goes into that. In general people are toxic in online gaming/communities. It doesn't just stick to one side. Also, the survivor vs survivor toxicity is underrated at times as well. 
  • Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

I play both, but much more prefer killer. M1 simulator sucks and most games as survivor lately are against campers/tunnelers which turns into holding M1 down for 5-7 minutes. I prefer dictating whether the killer is an azz or not.

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

I don't even know anymore. I get tunneled so much as survivor that I've been playing a lot of killer recently, but I enjoy survivor because I always like being chased and stuff. Hard to tell. My overall playtime in each position would say survivor, but recently I've been on a killer binge

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

I always try to play both sides but I cannot deny that I am a killer main. I just find it to be so much fun to chase people and maybe even give them a lil spook from time to time.

• Arccway
    Arccway Member Posts: 18
    I sexually identify as a Locker Dwight 
  • artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    survivor for fun, killer for points most of the time.
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

I was a pure survivor main from September 17, 2017 to April (I think that's when they got rid of the pallet vacuum) 2018. I then became a killer main for 5 months. And I'm now neutral.

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    I am a proud potato farmer been raising potatoes for the entity for 12 ranks now. 
  • Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

I'm a survivor main because I'm colorblind and have hearing issues. I enjoy killer but it is infinitely easier for me to play survivor, so thats where I spend most of my time.

• TheMidnightRidr
    TheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 599

I'm a killer main, but am often called a survivor main on these forums since I defend stuff like SWF. Rank 1 killer within the first few days of reset and around rank 7 or 8 for survivor. I simply don't play enough survivor to rank up further.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Killer, because that's the side I suck at a little less.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Prefer "Killer Main" but I play Survivor faaar more..

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

I am happy to speculate that the vast majority of killer mains have also spent a decent amount of hours on survivor but that there are many survivor mains who have never / barely touched killer.

• Ugum
    Ugum Member Posts: 26

I play Killer when I don't feel like worrying about how bad my teammates are (or when I have a daily).

• friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

its pretty clear where i stand

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@Rex_Huin said:
    I am happy to speculate that the vast majority of killer mains have also spent a decent amount of hours on survivor but that there are many survivor mains who have never / barely touched killer.

It would seem odd. I know I started by playing only survivor for my first hundred hours, but only because I was on a low end laptop, I didn't want to risk hosting on a weak config. But other than that, why would someone intentionally play the evil side exclusively? Killer is fun too, if frustrating at times.

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

It would seem odd. I know I started by playing only survivor for my first hundred hours, but only because I was on a low end laptop, I didn't want to risk hosting on a weak config. But other than that, why would someone intentionally play the evil side exclusively? Killer is fun too, if frustrating at times.

Yes that was sort of my point. I'm not sure true killer mains exist in quite same way as true survivor mains.

Because most killers have also played survivor extensively.

I think we are agreeing?

• Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478
    I'm a dbd main
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Neither, I don't like being put in a box.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,888

I play killer occasionally, but I am definitely a survivor main.