The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Stop Healing Me Whenever You Want!!!

I know you want your emblem points, but you gotta stop interrupting me where I'm going when the killer could be close!

Wait till I spam crouch or emote you because that's when it's SAFE. Speaking of safe, you're gambling your safe hook rescue points on my ability to outrun the killer because you're impatiently trying to get 10!

I don't give a ######### if you have We'll Make It, you get more points letting me run away for your safe unhook and unhooking me again.

Comments

• Pandifer
    Pandifer Member Posts: 37
    If they don't want your heals, you can heal me. Seriously. It is way better than it used to be. Just walk away. That used to be more complicated. 
  • ViciousCJB
    ViciousCJB Member Posts: 8
    Pandifer said:
    If they don't want your heals, you can heal me. Seriously. It is way better than it used to be. Just walk away. That used to be more complicated. 
    I'll take your word for it being worse, but if I have Sprint burst, escaping my teammates' reckless attempt at points wastes it.
  • e8Lattice
    e8Lattice Member Posts: 189

I de-hook someone and they want to repay me by healing me RIGHT THEN AND THERE in front of the hook the killer just got alarmed to by the rescue. It's these people I just want the ability to punch in the face, through over my shoulder and sneak to a safe place before healing up.

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

@ViciousCJB said:
    Pandifer said:

I'll take your word for it being worse, but if I have Sprint burst, escaping my teammates' reckless attempt at points wastes it.

Don't run Sprint Burst then. It's a braindead panic button anyways.

• Pandifer
    Pandifer Member Posts: 37
    Pandifer said:
    Just walk away. You used to have to run, but now just move away. All good. 
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

By holding sprint, you cannot be healed. Use it.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Honestly, if you know the Killer is nowhere nearby, whats wrong about healing right in front of the hook?
  • Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

if someone bobs down right away off the hook i heal them, when the killer isn't about...if they run away i leave them to it, unless they crouch and move off somewhere close by, if i begin healing and they stop me, i believe they don't want me to heal them....so i go off and do other things....it can be difficult i guess to sometimes judge, i don't do it for the points really, it's about when to do it, with a judge of surroundings, team mates etc etc

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Understood. I'll unequip BT and We'll make it.
    I'll also ignore your clapping on the hook, since I'll assume you're being camped.
    Good talk!
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Walking away, emoting, sprinting away stops healing.
    If they are so "Let me heal you reeee" just try to get to a safer location they will likely follow you

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    edited February 2019

It's even better if the killer is a nurse who usually run nurse's calling. I was hiding in the terror radius injured when a Quentin bounded right up behind me and started healing, got me killed right quick.

Or if it's a hag and you know those race right back to the hook - instead they want to heal right there under the hook. Also huntress - bad idea to heal right after unhook, least shove it to the side first before a hatchet hits one of us.

• Rekin
    Rekin Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2019
    Yes. I am often guilty of screaming GET THE F OFF ME! at the tv when some overly friendly survivor tries to heal me as I can see Hillbilly roadrunnering toward us at 300mph.

Another favourite is when you're in dying state...for whatever reason got away..
    hiding... Killer hasn't got Deerstalker... you haven't healed up as you've been crawling away to hide..other survivor runs past, killer right up his backside...and the survivor begins to heal you. Thanks for giving me away you arch buffoon.

Of course they're trying to help and they're not mind readers. But in some situations I have Unbreakable... heal up 99%... then get up when it's safe and hide and self-heal from injured. 
  • feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 902
    edited March 2019

I don't heal under the hook as a rule. Never know when the killer is coming right back, regardless if they are in chase. However, I'm not running halfway around the map to heal you either. If you keep running without stopping anywhere close I assume you are fine. My peeve is when someone unhooks me and just runs off, especially if we are up on generators. I don't run SC 80% of the time but these instances make me want to put it back on. Now if it is a Nurse or Huntress, I can see why we need to beat feet first.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340

I love healing people.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    edited March 2019

The unhooked usually saw auras that might tell if the killer is busy so I'll take their queue if they want to heal immediately or get some distance. However, if they feel like kiting me to the other side of the map away from my objective, they are on their own.

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

I don't mind being healed, however I wish you had to accept somebody's request to start healing you. As i've had moments where the killer has A Nurse's Calling and i'm running Iron Will, so I'm laying low and waiting for it to be safe but a survivor starts healing and reveals my aura to the killer. Moments like that can be really frustrating. And I know you can gesture to get the survivor off of you, but sometimes it's too late by that point...

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

I only heal under hook if the person has We'll Make It. Even if the killer is heading back, they'll often be able to get off the heal before they can make it to you. I'll offer a heal, but I will stop bothering if they don't take me up on it in a timely manner. For instance, if they just sit on a gen and don't get off, I'll work on the gen instead and assume they're rushing for adrenaline. It puts the team on a bit of a disadvantage if the survivors can't heal up, though.

• Mushwin

i was screaming at the tv the other day, so i am running, injured, killer, the bing bong man is behind me, then a claudette with two birds around her head is chasing us! i am downed, on the floor, she starts healing me right in front of the killer!! i am screaming ######### are you doing, go!!! stop it! then she gets hit! and still tries to heal me right there....by now i am at top screech! so she gets downed, i get hooked and then she does, one dc and then we are left relying on the poor last soul!!

• fluffybunny

@Mushwin I had a match where someone was downed in a pallet, I was nearby and close in to get the pallet stun and of course they DC out of frustration of being the first one caught. I love teammates sometimes. >>

• Mushwin

@fluffybunny ugh i know how that is...or when they have bond and sandbag your ass lol

• fluffybunny

I hate when you accidentally sandbag someone 'cause like you get stuck on something or misjudge where you need to turn to take a hit. D:

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

@fluffybunny Was this pallet stun against a Leatherface? Because this happened in my match last night. So maybe I was in your lobby?

• fluffybunny

@TheLastGreatStar Nah, it was either Billy or Huntress, I honestly don't remember. I've been taking a break from the game, waiting for the lobbies to go back to normal. I had three in a row that was a three/two man (infinite loading screen) and of course the killer didn't go easy, so that crap isn't fun.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

I will always heal you when I can.

If you dont wanna be healed, interupt it

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

Stop running away when i have WWMI3 and get downed instantly for trying to run away. peolpe running away and dont wanna get healed fast are the worst teammates.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

The worst is when you get downed in the open exit gate area. You try to crawl to the exit, because its just a few metres. You hope your teammates bodyblock for you, to buy you time. But then they start .... healing you.

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

I would recommend getting healed by a person if they have We'll Make It, to be honest. Heal goes by fast and could potentially make your chase last twice as long, if played correctly. Unless you're playing against a Legion, then it's quite useless.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

My first build was Claudette with Self Care, Empathy, Botany, and We'll Make It. I really loved those ultra fast heals after an unhook.

• Kurisataru
    Kurisataru Member Posts: 460

You have a lot to learn if you think that being unhooked gaurantees the killer will be back on you.

• ColgateAdvancedWhite
    ColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 616

I have trouble with survivors running across the map after an unhook. No, you're not the most important thing on the killer's mind the whole match.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

I don't understand the Survivors that run to the opposite side of the map while the Killer is clearly in a chase or holding someone or hooking across map. Sometimes healing on the Hook makes sense, a lot is based on a variety of factors.