The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Lobby Dodging

RobJL87
RobJL87 Member Posts: 10
edited February 2019 in General Discussions
In the last few months playing on PS4, I would say 7 or 8/10 lobbies are dodged. This is me playing alone or with 1 friend almost always. The queses often take forever too, it's so frustrating. There must be a punishment like a time out of 5 mins minimum as apposed to the current 5 seconds. I play Survivor & Killer 50/50 both Rank 1 and I can admit I used to (a long time ago) dodge the occasional lobby if it was team flashlight Claudette or whatever. Now though I never dodge and even though yes you sometimes get destroyed by SWF teams, it's a learning curve and can only improve you and better prepare you for next time, not all SWF are tbagging kid as****es but when they are just tunnel them so they dc :D (works almost every time) anyway, I know this must effect a lot of people and likely nothing will be done, but yeh getting dodged 4-5 times before every game is quite sad.

Comments

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464

Personally i see nothing wrong with dodging until dedicated servers come in.

Right now there is Zero ping checks before joining, think a killer wants to play against a team of survivors with 300+ ping? no thanks.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

@GraviteaUK said:
    Right now there is Zero ping checks before joining, think a killer wants to play against a team of survivors with 300+ ping? no thanks.

The Ping is not the reason why Killers dodge. They want easy games. It was really horrible after Rank Reset, at one point I got dodged 11 times in a row. I might not have been the reason, but still...

It is getting better, probably because Rank Reset was a while ago.

• GraviteaUK

@Aven_Fallen said:

@GraviteaUK said:

The Ping is not the reason why Killers dodge. They want easy games. It was really horrible after Rank Reset, at one point I got dodged 11 times in a row. I might not have been the reason, but still...

The reason for lobby dodging cannot be put down to a single reason. There are many reasons a killer will dodge but saying they all want easy games is just not true.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

@GraviteaUK said:

@Aven_Fallen said:

@GraviteaUK said:

The reason for lobby dodging cannot be put down to a single reason. There are many reasons a killer will dodge but saying they all want easy games is just not true.

Fair point.
    But Ping is not the single reason to dodge (and I first thought you meant it that way). It is a more reasonable reason though.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited February 2019

@GraviteaUK said:

Dedicated servers actually have no impact on the matchmakign at all.

If im not allowed to dodge the toxic squads in lobby anymore, then I will simply DC ingame. Thats fine for me

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

@GraviteaUK said:

Kinda ironic that survivors also generally SWF because they want easier games.
    Tan rank killers running into green, purple, and red rank survivors, SWF using voice chat to coordinate beyond what most killers can handle because the game isn't balanced for that level of communication, etc.
  • GraviteaUK
    edited February 2019

@Master said:

@GraviteaUK said:

If im not allowed to dodge the toxic squads in lobby anymore, then I will simply DC ingame. Thats fine for me

Yes they would, because dedicated servers would allow the game to sort people by region which in turn would increase the likelihood you get a game with pings similar to your own, which they can't now because the killer is the host.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited February 2019
    Been toying with this idea for a while. How about reducing the gen speed and healing speed for swf players to accomodate for communication advantage. Have it be a debuff that increase based on number of players who are swf. 

I play quite a bit of swf and killer and the natural advantage in regards to totem location shared across the team and ofc killer is on me or relaying his position is a bit silly. If you have no disadvantages. Perks like bond and empathy are on swf teams by default ffs. Hatch key shennanigans are also problematic for balance around swf. 

Again im not saying nerf swf to oblivion but reduced healing speed and gen progression would go along way to help balance the game or at least make the game feel less one sided when an swf is in play. 
  • Master

@GraviteaUK said:

@Master said:

@GraviteaUK said:

Yes they would, because dedicated servers would allow the game to sort people by region which in turn would increase the likelihood you get a game with pings similar to your own, which they can't now because the killer is the host.

What?
    Dedicated servers have nothing to do with matchmaking. In fact you can sort people by region and then let them play a peer to peer game too, but we dont have enough players for that I guess.

• GraviteaUK
    edited February 2019

@Master said:

@GraviteaUK said:

@Master said:

@GraviteaUK said:

What?
    Dedicated servers have nothing to do with matchmaking. In fact you can sort people by region and then let them play a peer to peer game too, but we dont have enough players for that I guess.

My point is right now they DON'T do that and right now there are 25k players right now playing this game it's peak today so far was 27k the amount of players has nothing to do with it.

It's far easier to matchmake with the dedicated servers so they have reason to do it then which they don't currently.

• Master

@GraviteaUK said:

@Master said:

@GraviteaUK said:

@Master said:

@GraviteaUK said:

What?

My point is right now they DON'T do that and right now there are 25k players right now playing this game it's peak today so far was 27k the amount of players has nothing to do with it.

It's far easier to matchmake with the dedicated servers so they have reason to do it then which they don't currently.

Explain me how dedicated server affect matchmaking

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965

not all swf but most and you just need most. Plus if you played game for 4 years you know skill doesn't get better at this point. You just have to play the killer good at and any killer bad at realize that won't get a kill while they brag at you at exit gate. Hopefully when they push the endgame to be a get out now situation will fix lobby dodging. But with how many killers face toxicity at high ranks they will avoid swf entirely. Im sure low rank survivors lobby dodge sometimes due to toxic face campers. But one thing about killers is they control lobbies and don't care to be toxic back. Dedicated servers will make lobby dodging just like survivor doing it where they will just get a replacement. So even though toxicity stopping would be ultimate cure the dedicated servers is more realistic answer.

• Broosmeister
    Broosmeister Member Posts: 281

Except that killers dodge even before i really joined. Ping stabilizes after a couple of seconds, killers don't wait for that. They want easy games, simple as that. Because most killers aren't that good at the game so it's either dodge, or play dirty to get that pip.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Broosmeister said:
    GraviteaUK said:

Except that killers dodge even before i really joined. Ping stabilizes after a couple of seconds, killers don't wait for that. They want easy games, simple as that. Because most killers aren't that good at the game so it's either dodge, or play dirty to get that pip.

Guess i'm not a Killer then, even though i only play that role nowadays.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    They're changing the matchmaking anyway so that all survivors spawn in at the same time. This was no doubt deliberately done to stop killers from lobby dodging swf. So you don't need to worry about that for much longer.

Players might still be dodged however based on how they look/their usernames.

It's not that killers want easy game, they want fun games. The community is incredibly toxic. People just want a normal game, not some noob3 wannabe running around acting like a complete ass all game.
  • ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

@Master said:

@GraviteaUK said:

@Master said:

@GraviteaUK said:

@Master said:

@GraviteaUK said:

What?

When setting up dedicated servers rules can be implemented on how to handle various connections from multiple regions. Such all of NA playing only against NA and EU only playing against EU. This means that the ping mediation needed would be much less. To take this even further, with dedicated servers you have the ability to push back-end and front-end updates that would add new ways to join, search, and create games. Currently, we depend on the killer for matchmaking at random. Dedicated servers would allow a universal lobby where 5 players join and then one player is selected to be the killer and rest are survivors. This cuts down lengthy dodge windows and wait times.

• Master
    ReikoMori said:

@Master said:

@GraviteaUK said:

@Master said:

@GraviteaUK said:

@Master said:

@GraviteaUK said:

What?

When setting up dedicated servers rules can be implemented on how to handle various connections from multiple regions. Such all of NA playing only against NA and EU only playing against EU. This means that the ping mediation needed would be much less. To take this even further, with dedicated servers you have the ability to push back-end and front-end updates that would add new ways to join, search, and create games. Currently, we depend on the killer for matchmaking at random. Dedicated servers would allow a universal lobby where 5 players join and then one player is selected to be the killer and rest are survivors. This cuts down lengthy dodge windows and wait times.

Again, you are only describing a matchmaking system that would be possible with peer to peer hosting aswell 
  • cipherbay_
    cipherbay_ Member Posts: 379
    Excuse me for not wanting to go against a sweaty P3 Squadettes all with flashlights and D Strikes