Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Grind Rewards

TheHourMan
TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
edited February 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

I don't know who made this, but kudos to them. This is an amazing idea. Maybe the numbers are a bit high with bp and the 5k iridescent shard thing, but this would make me feel like it's actually worth it to put more time in.

Comments

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

Why couldn't this be real?

• Tarvesh
    Tarvesh Member Posts: 765
    Because it cuts down on the grind which is what helps to keep people playing the game.
  • Shad03

@Tarvesh said:
    Because it cuts down on the grind which is what helps to keep people playing the game.

True. But then you also have people complaining about the grind. So there is not any win win situation here. Maybe halving the points would be a good alternative?

• TheHourMan
    edited February 2019
    Tarvesh said:
    I don't think DbD is the type of game where the grind IS the game (like Warframe.) DbD is a competetive game that people continue to play frequently even after they already have literally everything and tens of thousands of iridescent shards. 

I still see people with OG prestige skins running around pretty often.
  • Tarvesh
    Shad03 said:

@Tarvesh said:

True. But then you also have people complaining about the grind. So there is not any win win situation here. Maybe halving the points would be a good alternative?

I’m a new player. I’ve only been playing for about a week. So take what I say from that perspective; there are multiple layered grinds in the game.

You have to grind up all the characters whose perks you want.

Then you have to grind the character you want to play just to find those perks for that character.

Then if you want to play a different character you have to grind that character to find all the perks you want to equip on THAT character.

And that goes for both survivor AND killer side.

I think once you’ve unlocked a teachable perk then they should all start to show up after level 15 and you have to choose which one you go for each level instead of hoping that the one you want out of all the ones you’ve unlocked shows up.
  • Shad03

@Tarvesh

Been playing this game since 2017. I know what the grind is. But I've heard it was worse back then, which is why some players (pc only) have Legacy. The system that was suggested in op would help all the players who had been asking for a reward for increased devotion to the game.

• TheHourMan
    Tarvesh said:
    Shad03 said:

@Tarvesh said:

I’m a new player. I’ve only been playing for about a week. So take what I say from that perspective; there are multiple layered grinds in the game.

Then you have to grind the character you want to play just to find those perks for that character.

Then if you want to play a different character you have to grind that character to find all the perks you want to equip on THAT character.

I think once you’ve unlocked a teachable perk then they should all start to show up after level 15 and you have to choose which one you go for each level instead of hoping that the one you want out of all the ones you’ve unlocked shows up.
    Ohhh I understand where you're coming from now. Yeah the main difference between DbD and Warframe grind is that in DbD there is an attainable end in sight (getting all the perks unlocked and bought for the characters you want.) Once you have finished that, you still want to keep playing because it's fun to use those builds. 

The grind is simply a means to an end in DbD. Once you finish your grind, I feel like getting rewarded BP and Iridescent shards should come with the territory. Especially when it comes to devotion ranks. I understand devotion ranks are simply meant to show your dedication, but you can't show off your devotion ranks to other players in-game. If I can't flaunt it, I would at least like to be rewarded for my efforts. 
  • Tarvesh
    Tarvesh said:
    Shad03 said:

@Tarvesh said:

Ohhh I understand where you're coming from now. Yeah the main difference between DbD and Warframe grind is that in DbD there is an attainable end in sight (getting all the perks unlocked and bought for the characters you want.) Once you have finished that, you still want to keep playing because it's fun to use those builds. 

The grind is simply a means to an end in DbD. Once you finish your grind, I feel like getting rewarded BP and Iridescent shards should come with the territory. Especially when it comes to devotion ranks. I understand devotion ranks are simply meant to show your dedication, but you can't show off your devotion ranks to other players in-game. If I can't flaunt it, I would at least like to be rewarded for my efforts. 
    I honestly don’t know what devotion ranks are. O’m Going to assume they come with Prestiging a character?

if that’s the case, why not give killers with ranks (or between a number of ranks like 1-10, etc) Entity flair with their abilities or appearance?

maybe a Trapper with enough Devotion will have Entity claw-shaped bear traps, a charavter’s Weapon could lash out with Entity claws, a dark mist follows along behind them at their feet, etc?

Since cosmetics help to establish visual cues for things in game, why not have them be reflected for something like Devotion?
  • TheHourMan
    Tarvesh said:
    Tarvesh said:
    Shad03 said:

@Tarvesh said:

I honestly don’t know what devotion ranks are. O’m Going to assume they come with Prestiging a character?

if that’s the case, why not give killers with ranks (or between a number of ranks like 1-10, etc) Entity flair with their abilities or appearance?

maybe a Trapper with enough Devotion will have Entity claw-shaped bear traps, a charavter’s Weapon could lash out with Entity claws, a dark mist follows along behind them at their feet, etc?

Since cosmetics help to establish visual cues for things in game, why not have them be reflected for something like Devotion?
    It's when you get your player level (iridescent shards one) to 100
  • Tarvesh
    Tarvesh said:
    Shad03 said:

@Tarvesh said:

Since cosmetics help to establish visual cues for things in game, why not make them a part of devotion?
  • DrKnockers05
    DrKnockers05 Member Posts: 137
    Getting perks quicker would be cool.
    But season and devotion rewards should definitely be a thing.
    Hell, I'd be happy if we got even half the points and shards in the example picture for finishing at rank 1. Even for devotion levels, a bonus 300 shards on top of the standard 300 and maybe a cool 50k BPs would do nicely!