The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why is it always me.

Poweas
Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

For the love of god, can someone explain to me why I'm always getting tunnelled? There was a Spirit who wouldn't even use her power much, I ran her for about 3 minutes with my teammates doing nothing relevant and getting 1 gen. And the second I'm unhooked, she always went for me. Left everyone else. There were 3 gens and it was 3 people alive. She already killed one. The other 2 died in seconds to her. So why did she tunnel me?! My other 2 chases were about 30 seconds. She claimed I ran into her arms even tho I clearly went the other way. .-.

Comments

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    I guess you are the real obession for the killer. 
  • GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I don’t normally mind tunneling but when you drop chase on a wounded person I do get annoyed, but I guess they waste some time going back and possibly don’t find you.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

To be fair, if you looped her good for 3 minutes and she wasn't smart enough to stop, then I can understand why she went for you right away over and over. Why'd she risk you going free again?

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited February 2019
    The 3 minute chase to start with is the most obvious reason, if you could do that again that should be other 3 gens done for competent survivors so getting you out the game quick gives more time for the easier prey.
  • GrootDude

@Coriander said:
    What character/outfit were you wearing?

It matters.

True lol

• Poweas

@Coriander said:
    What character/outfit were you wearing?

It matters.

No it doesn't. There was a p3 claudette and I wear this

• GrootDude

@Poweas your outfit is fine, maybe it was the long chase, but some killers target people for their outfits.

• Poweas

@twistedmonkey said:
    The 3 minute chase to start with is the most obvious reason, if you could do that again that should be other 3 gens done for competent survivors so getting you out the game quick gives more time for the easier prey.

No. She claimed she wasn't tunnelling me. And my team were trash. They were NOT competent. 1 gen in that 1st chase is stupid and rank 20 like. And they got downed to her in seconds. Trust me you're completely off.

• Poweas

@se05239 said:
    To be fair, if you looped her good for 3 minutes and she wasn't smart enough to stop, then I can understand why she went for you right away over and over. Why'd she risk you going free again?

I'm not that threatening. She was a dick.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

I was trying to be funny ~_~ but yeah, I use the white coat Claudette, and while I like it, I get spotted so easily.

• Poweas
    edited February 2019

@Coriander said:
    I was trying to be funny ~_~ but yeah, I use the white coat Claudette, and while I like it, I get spotted so easily.

Yeah. I love getting chased. but not when its tunnelling.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

@Poweas said:
    For the love of god, can someone explain to me why I'm always getting tunnelled? There was a Spirit who wouldn't even use her power much, I ran her for about 3 minutes with my teammates doing nothing relevant and getting 1 gen. And the second I'm unhooked, she always went for me. Left everyone else. There were 3 gens and it was 3 people alive. She already killed one. The other 2 died in seconds to her. So why did she tunnel me?! My other 2 chases were about 30 seconds. She claimed I ran into her arms even tho I clearly went the other way. .-.

Because theres no reason to go for full health survivors when there are half health survivors who are already stage 2 / death stage.

• BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

One of my buddies is always getting tunneled by Leatherfaces and Hilbillys, and only those two. It's funny af.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    TreemanXD said:

@Poweas your outfit is fine, maybe it was the long chase, but some killers target people for their outfits.

Probably explains why I get tunneled as a bald dwight, I think this cosmetic triggers killers the most if they can't get you for a long time lol 
  • Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

There could be a lot reasons to tunnel someone. You could have been a good survivor making you a bigger target and one she wanted to get out of the game quickly. or Could be you are already injured of hook and in her sight so it only makes sense to go for you than another full health person.

I get that tunneling isn't fun for the survivor but for killer it's a viable strategy. There's not enough time to hook everybody 3 times as the game stands and getting 1 survivor out of the trail earlier helps a lot.

• Poweas
    edited February 2019

@mcNuggets said:

@Poweas said:

Because theres no reason to go for full health survivors when there are half health survivors who are already stage 2 / death stage.

one of them was stage 2. she didn't tunnel them. she was fairer. and she saw my unhookers.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Poweas said:

You were the harder out. It took her longer to end the chase with you and since the others did nothing maybe she assumed you were the best player in the lobby. If she could take you out it increased her odds of a 4k? Just guessing.

• Poweas

@Bongbingbing said:
    There could be a lot reasons to tunnel someone. You could have been a good survivor making you a bigger target and one she wanted to get out of the game quickly. or Could be you are already injured of hook and in her sight so it only makes sense to go for you than another full health person.

I get that tunneling isn't fun for the survivor but for killer it's a viable strategy. There's not enough time to hook everybody 3 times as the game stands and getting 1 survivor out of the trail earlier helps a lot.

she definitely saw others.

• Poweas

@fcc2014 said:

@Poweas said:

You were the harder out. It took her longer to end the chase with you and since the others did nothing maybe she assumed you were the best player in the lobby. If she could take you out it increased her odds of a 4k? Just guessing.

Fair enough. Maybe she didn't want me getting hatch because she was an entitled little crap, last guy did get it btw.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

Nothing irks me more than getting chased, desperately trying to stall the Killer (or escape!) only to see the gen counter remain at 5. No Ruin, no Lanterns being touched, just... nothing. What are you people even doing? O_o

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited February 2019
    Poweas said:

@twistedmonkey said:

No. She claimed she wasn't tunnelling me. And my team were trash. They were NOT competent. 1 gen in that 1st chase is stupid and rank 20 like. And they got downed to her in seconds. Trust me you're completely off.

I never said your team was competent i simply stated a competent team could,  most killers don't know who is and who isn't competent they sometimes want the one they think can cause them to lose the game out of it quickly if possible.

They obviously wanted you out the game so unless they remembered you from another game how you played compared to the others in this one seems the most logical reason don't you think? 

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Just imagine how attractive you must be for that to happen.
    A blessing and a curse...

• Poweas

@Boss said:
    Just imagine how attractive you must be for that to happen.
    A blessing and a curse...

I'm this

• Poweas

.. @boss

• Poweas

@twistedmonkey said:
    Poweas said:

@twistedmonkey said:

I never said your team was competent i simply stated a competent team could,  most killers don't know who is and who isn't competent they sometimes want the one they think can cause them to lose the game out of it quickly if possible.

They obviously wanted you out the game so unless they remembered you from another game how you played compared to the others in this one seems the most logical reason don't you think? 

yes.

• Boss

@Poweas said:

.. @boss

Don't judge others' tastes.

• Poweas

@Boss said:

@Poweas said:

.. @boss

lol.

• Boss

@Poweas said:

@Boss said:

@Poweas said:

.. @boss

lol.

...Or do judge them, whatever. :)

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

next time don´t get caught. That way yu wont get tunneled. It works everytime

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

i always seem to be downed first! it's like bees to pollen! i can hide, locker, run! no matter what and bang i am down...!

• Giddawid
    Giddawid Member Posts: 102

@Poweas I have been the recipient of situations like this and I can understand how frustrating it can be sometimes, when you have done nothing to deserve the "extra attention" from the killer. I look at it as a compliment - I was so much of a threat to them that they wanted to remove me from the game as quickly as they could. I might play the game after a little more cautiously at the beginning because of it. I hope the rest of your games have gone more smoothly :)

• Poweas

@RoKrueger said:

You're just trolling. Don't comment if you don't have a good thing to say.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Poweas said:

Why would the kiler let you escape such that you can loop him again for 3 minutes? nah, better wait for a hook farmer and catch you quickly

• Poweas

@Giddawid said:
    @Poweas I have been the recipient of situations like this and I can understand how frustrating it can be sometimes, when you have done nothing to deserve the "extra attention" from the killer. I look at it as a compliment - I was so much of a threat to them that they wanted to remove me from the game as quickly as they could. I might play the game after a little more cautiously at the beginning because of it. I hope the rest of your games have gone more smoothly :)

yeah they were great. Ty I guess I'll take it as a good thing.

• NuclearBurrito2
    NuclearBurrito2 Member Posts: 262

@Poweas said:
    Fair enough. Maybe she didn't want me getting hatch because she was an entitled little crap, last guy did get it btw.

By entitled little crap you mean someone who wants to win right? As in a normal player. Wanting to achieve your wincon is hardly greedy and I hate it when people say it is

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

Sometimes when a killer is pretty drunk, it's honestly easier to just follow one survivor rather than try to manipulate other or mindgame.

I know this. Because I have done it.

A lot.

If people haven't been there, then they won't understand.

More drinks = more tunneling.

• Poweas

@NuclearBurrito2 said:

@Poweas said:

By entitled little crap you mean someone who wants to win right? As in a normal player. Wanting to achieve your wincon is hardly greedy and I hate it when people say it is

That's the thing, she was winning. She was in a great spot. Like I mentioned, my team was absolute garbage they were getting downed in seconds to her and she barely used her power. I know for a fact if she wanted to let me go rather then tunnel, she'd have definitely got the other 2. Seeing how easily she got the 4th guy eliminated. No way did she want to win, she was salty because she got outplayed. If I had a good team, all the gens would have been done and I'd have got Adrenaline and escaped.

I don't even know what they were doing but it definitetly wasn't something relevant to us 3 escaping.

Normally I'm ok with tunnelling but it happens so often now it's annoying.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

You're gonna get tunneled if you're able to run the killer for 3mins straight. If your team was on their jobs they would have been done with almost all the gens. Since they weren't she couldn't afford letting you get too far ahead of her again. I'd have made the same call personally, but I wouldn't have blown the first three minutes chasing you either. Being a P3 Claudette, it doesn't matter what you wear you're gonna be a priority target. Caludette is hard to find on most maps. If you can get rid of her and she's clearly the skilled one on the team then you're gonna see a lot of killers either tunnel till death or just straight leave you for last.

• Poweas

@ReikoMori said:
    You're gonna get tunneled if you're able to run the killer for 3mins straight. If your team was on their jobs they would have been done with almost all the gens. Since they weren't she couldn't afford letting you get too far ahead of her again. I'd have made the same call personally, but I wouldn't have blown the first three minutes chasing you either. Being a P3 Claudette, it doesn't matter what you wear you're gonna be a priority target. Claudette is hard to find on most maps. If you can get rid of her and she's clearly the skilled one on the team then you're gonna see a lot of killers either tunnel till death or just straight leave you for last.

I wear bright clothes. She could have left me for last. And ignored me. It's not like my team would have got a gen regardless of whether she did or didn't. They didn't deserve that fcking hatch either. They all played like trash. Any other team would have had me all the gens done and straight out of those gates.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

@Poweas said:

@ReikoMori said:
    You're gonna get tunneled if you're able to run the killer for 3mins straight. If your team was on their jobs they would have been done with almost all the gens. Since they weren't she couldn't afford letting you get too far ahead of her again. I'd have made the same call personally, but I wouldn't have blown the first three minutes chasing you either. Being a P3 Claudette, it doesn't matter what you wear you're gonna be a priority target. Claudette is hard to find on most maps. If you can get rid of her and she's clearly the skilled one on the team then you're gonna see a lot of killers either tunnel till death or just straight leave you for last.

I wear bright clothes. She could have left me for last. And ignored me. It's not like my team would have got a gen regardless of whether she did or didn't. They didn't deserve that fcking hatch either. They all played like trash. Any other team would have had me all the gens done and straight out of those gates.

You've got that wrong. The game doesn't care about who deserves what and if you're relying on your team to get you out then you're approaching things the wrong way. Getting tunneled sucks, but can you say that you used all the options you had at your disposal to avoid being in line of sight? Did you put is gen jockey time or did you get stuck in chases? The team being trash is its own problem, but plenty of people survive while dealing with tunnels, camps, moonbrain teammates, etc. You had a bad game and that blows, but you're responsible for your performance. If you can keep a killer active for 3mins then you can lose them just as easily and do gens.

• Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673

@Poweas said:

You just said that u looped her for enough time to finish 5 gens and expected to get out alive? Are u SERIOUS!?

Thats a basic rule, if u loop the killer he will get annoyed, if he gets annoyed u will get tunneled and camped.

• Lagoni
    Lagoni Member Posts: 180

@Poweas said:

I mainly play killer, and i generally just bonk people i run into (unless I'm in a really strong position).
    When i play survivor, I hate being tunneled / camped for obvious reasons, but what i try to do, is very simple. Just say "GG" at the end of the game, and move on. If you get angry every time someone makes an "unfair" play, then you will be angry almost every game.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Poweas said:

@RoKrueger said:

It may not be "good" by your standards but it is true  :chuffed:
  • Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

Played with buddy of mine and used BPS to help him out with the grind as he is pretty new.
    I quess that killer saw the BPS as he is going to get bullied by toxic SWF (with 1 fire crackers lol) so she hard camped and tunneled me for the whole game, but I still managed to escape with clutch adrenaline play.

I was 99% sure there will be NOED, but for once I got surprised as I tend to know from killers "playstyle" when they have NOED.

https://imgur.com/PGW0zTb

• Poweas
    edited February 2019

@RoKrueger said:
    Poweas said:

@RoKrueger said:

It may not be "good" by your standards but it is true  :chuffed:

How do I hide from someone who stayed 32m near the hook, kept me in her LOS and made sure she could track me.

One thing I did manage, is losing her once. Cause of iron will. But she did find me later on.

• Poweas
    edited February 2019

@Lagoni said:

@Poweas said:

I mainly play killer, and i generally just bonk people i run into (unless I'm in a really strong position).
    When i play survivor, I hate being tunneled / camped for obvious reasons, but what i try to do, is very simple. Just say "GG" at the end of the game, and move on. If you get angry every time someone makes an "unfair" play, then you will be angry almost every game.

I normally do say GG. Even if I get rekt as survivor or stomped as killer. Not going to say GG to an equally salty player who plays in a scummy way.

• Poweas

@ReikoMori said:

@Poweas said:

@ReikoMori said:

You've got that wrong. The game doesn't care about who deserves what and if you're relying on your team to get you out then you're approaching things the wrong way. Getting tunneled sucks, but can you say that you used all the options you had at your disposal to avoid being in line of sight? Did you put is gen jockey time or did you get stuck in chases? The team being trash is its own problem, but plenty of people survive while dealing with tunnels, camps, moonbrain teammates, etc. You had a bad game and that blows, but you're responsible for your performance. If you can keep a killer active for 3mins then you can lose them just as easily and do gens.

I did. Although, on my last chase I chose to ignore a pallet because of Balanced and thought I could circle the map around. That was my 1 major messup. It wasn't even a bad game really, I got fun chases BUT I just don't understand why this is so common with me she could have won either way looking at how rubbish my team was. Also, I did lose her once because of Iron will and yes I did jump on a gen. A teammate with bond led her to me when in chase. .-.

• NuclearBurrito2
    NuclearBurrito2 Member Posts: 262

@Poweas said:

@NuclearBurrito2 said:

@Poweas said:

That's the thing, she was winning. She was in a great spot. Like I mentioned, my team was absolute garbage they were getting downed in seconds to her and she barely used her power. I know for a fact if she wanted to let me go rather then tunnel, she'd have definitely got the other 2. Seeing how easily she got the 4th guy eliminated. No way did she want to win, she was salty because she got outplayed. If I had a good team, all the gens would have been done and I'd have got Adrenaline and escaped.

I don't even know what they were doing but it definitetly wasn't something relevant to us 3 escaping.

Normally I'm ok with tunnelling but it happens so often now it's annoying.

No I mean what you were saying about the hatch. In order to win as killer you either need to somehow be so fast that not even 2 gens are done, or you need to deal with the hatch at some point.