The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why is it always me.

2»

Comments

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@NuclearBurrito2 said:

@Poweas said:

@NuclearBurrito2 said:

@Poweas said:
    Fair enough. Maybe she didn't want me getting hatch because she was an entitled little crap, last guy did get it btw.

By entitled little crap you mean someone who wants to win right? As in a normal player. Wanting to achieve your wincon is hardly greedy and I hate it when people say it is

That's the thing, she was winning. She was in a great spot. Like I mentioned, my team was absolute garbage they were getting downed in seconds to her and she barely used her power. I know for a fact if she wanted to let me go rather then tunnel, she'd have definitely got the other 2. Seeing how easily she got the 4th guy eliminated. No way did she want to win, she was salty because she got outplayed. If I had a good team, all the gens would have been done and I'd have got Adrenaline and escaped.

I don't even know what they were doing but it definitetly wasn't something relevant to us 3 escaping.

Normally I'm ok with tunnelling but it happens so often now it's annoying.

No I mean what you were saying about the hatch. In order to win as killer you either need to somehow be so fast that not even 2 gens are done, or you need to deal with the hatch at some point.

2 kills is a draw. 3 kills is a win. 4 man is a massive win.

• NuclearBurrito2
    NuclearBurrito2 Member Posts: 262

@Poweas said:

@NuclearBurrito2 said:

@Poweas said:

@NuclearBurrito2 said:

@Poweas said:
    Fair enough. Maybe she didn't want me getting hatch because she was an entitled little crap, last guy did get it btw.

By entitled little crap you mean someone who wants to win right? As in a normal player. Wanting to achieve your wincon is hardly greedy and I hate it when people say it is

That's the thing, she was winning. She was in a great spot. Like I mentioned, my team was absolute garbage they were getting downed in seconds to her and she barely used her power. I know for a fact if she wanted to let me go rather then tunnel, she'd have definitely got the other 2. Seeing how easily she got the 4th guy eliminated. No way did she want to win, she was salty because she got outplayed. If I had a good team, all the gens would have been done and I'd have got Adrenaline and escaped.

I don't even know what they were doing but it definitetly wasn't something relevant to us 3 escaping.

No I mean what you were saying about the hatch. In order to win as killer you either need to somehow be so fast that not even 2 gens are done, or you need to deal with the hatch at some point.

Your wincon as a killer is to eliminate the survivors. Thus:

2 kills is a loss. 3 kills is still a loss. 4 kills is a win. There is no draw as there is no between kill everyone and not kill everyone. For a survivor an escape is a win always.

Escape through the hatch? Win
    Escape through a gate while crawling after doing literally nothing the entire game and being downed as soon as mechanically possible while your teammates all die to NOED? Still a win.
    Do all 5 gens, save everyone and then die? You lost

Do you pip in all of the winning situations I just listed? No. Do you not pip in the losing situation? No. Piping is not your wincon so that isn't relevant.

• Poweas

@NuclearBurrito2 said:

@Poweas said:

@NuclearBurrito2 said:

@Poweas said:

@NuclearBurrito2 said:

@Poweas said:

Your wincon as a killer is to eliminate the survivors. Thus:

2 kills is a loss. 3 kills is still a loss. 4 kills is a win. There is no draw as there is no between kill everyone and not kill everyone. For a survivor an escape is a win always.

Escape through the hatch? Win
    Escape through a gate while crawling after doing literally nothing the entire game and being downed as soon as mechanically possible while your teammates all die to NOED? Still a win.
    Do all 5 gens, save everyone and then die? You lost

Do you pip in all of the winning situations I just listed? No. Do you not pip in the losing situation? No. Piping is not your wincon so that isn't relevant.

Honestly, I'll just say I strongly disagree with you. With everything you said. If I did all 5 of the gens and died that's a win for me. Most people in this community would agree with what I say which is that if you pip, that's a win. Or at least 3 man, that's a win also.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Poweas said:

Honestly, I'll just say I strongly disagree with you. With everything you said. If I did all 5 of the gens and died that's a win for me. Most people in this community would agree with what I say which is that if you pip, that's a win. Or at least 3 man, that's a win also.

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

As a survivor

If I can save a teammate but give my own life for him/her, it is a win for me.
    If I score 20k or more, It is a win for me whether I die or not.
    If I run the killer for 3-5 gens, it is a win for me whether I die or not.
    If I did something that won the game for my fellow survivors, be it baiting the killer, completing all the gens etc. it is still a win for me whether I die or not.

If I escape through the hatch, I don't consider myself as the winner and I don't think that many survivors consider themselves successful as well.

Hatch is just a free escape mechanic and every single survivor knows it.

Hell, even when I escape through the exit gates, sometimes I don't feel like I won the game.

It is more complicated than 'escape is always win' and 'only the 4k is win for killers'.

• Mrs_Fairfield
    Mrs_Fairfield Member Posts: 125
    I don't think I get honestly tunneled very often. If I get unhooked in front of the killer then of course they're going to target the person closest to their death hook to cripple the survior's efficiency. I can't get mad at them for doing math, it's nothing personal that they're after me for so I don't consider it tunneling in that situation -  just screwed by teammates. 

• Poweas

@Delfador said:

@Poweas said:

As a survivor

If I did something that won the game for my fellow survivors, be it baiting the killer, completing all the gens etc. it is still a win for me whether I die or not.

If I escape through the hatch, I don't consider myself as the winner and I don't think that many survivors consider themselves successful as well.

Hell, even when I escape through the exit gates, sometimes I don't feel like I won the game.

It is more complicated than 'escape is always win' and 'only the 4k is win for killers'.

Yeah I highly doubt that person understands the game well. They might be fairly new if they see it that way.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

High five! Welcome to the poor side that killers always would love to tunnel you <3

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

I tunnel girls more than boys, specially Laurie and Kate

• NuclearBurrito2

@Poweas said:

@Delfador said:

@Poweas said:

As a survivor

Yeah I highly doubt that person understands the game well. They might be fairly new if they see it that way.

On one hand I am fairly new. On the other hand I doubt more experience would change my mind as my argument is in the form of a definition rather than a logic based line of reasoning that could potentially be falsified.

• Poweas

@NuclearBurrito2 said:

@Poweas said:

@Delfador said:

@Poweas said:

As a survivor

On one hand I am fairly new. On the other hand I doubt more experience would change my mind as my argument is in the form of a definition rather than a logic based line of reasoning that could potentially be falsified.

Trust me you'll realise it soon.

• NuclearBurrito2

@Poweas said:

@NuclearBurrito2 said:

@Poweas said:

@Delfador said:

@Poweas said:

As a survivor

Realize what

• Poweas

@NuclearBurrito2 said:

@Poweas said:

@NuclearBurrito2 said:

@Poweas said:

@Delfador said:

@Poweas said:

As a survivor

Realize what

That a 4k or an escape isn't a win. And different things can be counted as a win too.