Nurse tips and perk suggestions for a noob?

Options

Im bad at nurse. I'll say it.
No hold on.
Rephrase: I SUCK at nurse.
How do you guys play her? I mean I can get a 1-2 k with 2 perks but I [BAD WORD] up the blinks
all.
the
time.
What addons do you guys use, perk builds, tips, anything.

Comments

• TrAiNwReCk
    TrAiNwReCk Member Posts: 246
    Options

Many will say 2+ Blink Nurse is for noobs. And others will say no add-on Nurse is the best way to use her. I took the 2 Blink max to heart. I didn't want to be seen as a noob, even when I was brand new playing her. Use an extra blink add-on and the other add-on to counter act the negative of whichever you use.

1st blink for distance, always try to be accurate on your 2nd blink, if they are quick to change direction the 3rd is usually more than enough to adjust. It takes practice, a lot of it. There will be plenty of salt if you 4k or 0k.

Detection perks are the way to go in my opinion, though there are some gimmick builds that are fun when they work.

When you get good with her at 2 blinks her Blink range add-ons are a beast. Her quicker movement speed gives next to no chance to change direction if you land your 2nd blink well enough. Don't give up!

Hope this helps.

• RainyAnjel
    RainyAnjel Member Posts: 65
    Options

@TrAiNwReCk said:
    Many will say 2+ Blink Nurse is for noobs. And others will say no add-on Nurse is the best way to use her. I took the 2 Blink max to heart. I didn't want to be seen as a noob, even when I was brand new playing her. Use an extra blink add-on and the other add-on to counter act the negative of whichever you use.

1st blink for distance, always try to be accurate on your 2nd blink, if they are quick to change direction the 3rd is usually more than enough to adjust. It takes practice, a lot of it. There will be plenty of salt if you 4k or 0k.

Detection perks are the way to go in my opinion, though there are some gimmick builds that are fun when they work.

When you get good with her at 2 blinks her Blink range add-ons are a beast. Her quicker movement speed gives next to no chance to change direction if you land your 2nd blink well enough. Don't give up!

Hope this helps.

thank u! currently I play with one of the greens and the brown +1 addon (idk which green), seems to work well enough. I can work with any perks pretty much, just dont thrown in DS or DH with salty P3 claudettes and I can solid 3k. sadly, the purple rank is the life I live

• Mr_Myers
    Mr_Myers Member Posts: 422
    Options

Im not super great at nurse, but avoid her blink REMOVAL addons at all costs

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476
    Options

As a former Nurse main, here are some Perks I would recommend for when you're starting off as Nurse.

-Bitter Murmur/Berbecue and Chili: Will give you a better idea of where Survivors are while you're learning how to track Survivor movements.
    -Shadowborn: Constantly gives your FOV a massive increase, which not only makes the game easier on the eyes, especially when fatiguing, but also makes it more difficult to lose Survivors when you enter fatigue.
    -Hex: Ruin: Nurse is (debatably) the only Killer in the game who can do well without stall-oriented Perks against strong Survivors, but when starting off, it's good to have Ruin so you have more time per game, AKA more time per game learning Nurse.
    -Monitor and Abuse: Makes it easier to blink to Survivors who are on a distant generator.
    -A Nurse's Calling: Whomst the phucc doesn't love this Perk aside from Legion mains? And since Nurse is so fast in a blink, you can get the procs without Survivors hearing your TR first and cancelling the heal.

Now, keep in mind: With the possible exception of Shadowborn, all these Perks are very good on Nurse, regardless of how good or bad you are. So if you git gud at Nurse and decide you like your loadout, you do not need to change anything.

There are some Perks I would recommend exclusively for good Nurses, though, such as:
    -Make Your Choice: Rewards you for not camping, something you don't want to be doing as Nurse.
    -Hex: Devour Hope: Same idea behind MYC: Rewards you for not camping, which is already a bad idea as Nurse. Plus, since she's so mobile, she's much better at checking up on totems than most other Killers.
    -Deerstalker: Nurse has a good slug game, and this Perk makes it much easier to keep track of downed Survivors.
    --Surveillance/Discordance: Both these Perks tell you when Survivors start doing a generator, and as a teleporting Killer, you were literally designed to be able to jump on that.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options
    I've started using her myself too.

I'm going with add ons to give me 3 blinks mostly. I'd like to cut it down to 2 eventually though.

For perks..

Shadowborn - At level 3 you can see survivors legs quite easily during fatigue so you don't lose them during a chase.

Stridor - Hear survivors better to help you track them.

Sloppy butcher/Bloodhound - I haven't tried this out myself as I don't have the perks but I imagine it could be good.

BBQ - Nurse can really take advantage of this as she can travel quite far.

Nurse calling - Can see survivors healing then blink over to them.

Ruin - Slow the game down while you're not yet too quick in chases.

Discordance - Find survivors rushing gens.

Basically the best strategy against Nurse is to break line of sight and hide from her in a chase, or to use stealth while outside of a chase. So as Nurse you want perks that are going to help you find and track survivors easily. Aura reading perks and such. Consider these training wheels.

As for blinks, just practise. 3 is good because it gives you an extra chance to align yourself. 4 would be better but I think the add ons start becoming rarer for that.
  • katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,113
    Options
    I'm bad at her too but I normally just use the pocket watch to decrease fatigue