The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Legion rework idea (general buff with more counterplay)

ChesterTheMolester
ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
edited March 2019 in General Discussions
First off, the Michael Jackson tactic gets removed, obviously, it just garantees a down with no counterplay at all, although slower than many other skilled Killers can take a survivor down. 

This rework should adress some of the grievances while raising his skill ceiling.

Mend changes:
-Successful mending now applies the Blindness status effect for a limited time
(this will make Legion more unpredictable).

-Mending now has difficult skillchecks, failing these will not regress or cancel progress but will give your location away and give you the hindered status effect (or broken) after mending, the duration stacks with each failed skillcheck.
(To make survivors more careful while mending and apply more synergies with perks)

Frenzy changes: 
-Frenzy duration and/or movement speed gets increased for each hit. 
-Hitting multiple times will no longer eat the mending bar, but it will increase the time it takes to mend and will slightly reduce the stun.
-After the stun, another short speedburst is applied similar to the Wraith and vaults windows faster (same as T3 Myers) scratchmarks and blood will be visible after the effect has ended.

The concept is still largely the same, Legion can hit multiple survivors rapidly with little effort, his chosen main target will get a chance after the stun to run and hide, now that the mend reduction is replaced by a shorter stun and speed/vault boost the survivor won't be able to cheese out the chase as easily by using loops and windows. 
However the Legion are still only 110% Killers and will have to play their cards right, for example i can now see Legion chasing the last survivor with intense speed and good duration which can give him the chance to position themselves as a bodyblock before hitting the survivors for a reduced stun to end a chase quickly should they make no effort trying to outsmart them.
Post edited by ChesterTheMolester on

Comments

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I think Broken is better than Blindness, not sure how Blindness is going to help Legion in this scenario. Other than that, I think this is awesome, so much better than most suggestions put out there, especially like the speed boost post FF because both Wraith & Spirit get it. I would really enjoy playing this, I already enjoy playing as Legion but this would increase his viability :)

• ChesterTheMolester
    Bump cause Legion sucks.
  • Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,552

i love the concept of the Mend changes, usually when you're mending you assume you're safe and you're just annoyed. survivors will be more paranoid when having to worry about skill checks and the blindness could help get a few scares out of survivors that are a little too reliant on aura perks.

• Artisks
    Artisks Member Posts: 10

so you literally want to make legion, to be able to 3k if not 4k every match? and i can't see where's counterplay.

• ChesterTheMolester

Bump because Legion is the hot topic again.