The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I’m not coming for you?

If on the hook, and you see the other survivors aura teabagging, does it mean she/he wants the hatch (perhaps standing by the hatch?) and will not get you? 

Answers

• SIlentCetra
    SIlentCetra Member Posts: 187

@NoReward said:
    If on the hook, and you see the other survivors aura teabagging, does it mean she/he wants the hatch (perhaps standing by the hatch?) and will not get you? 

If they don't, that is pretty #########. They literally just standing around teabagging, while you are hanging? That is pretty #########.

• NoReward
    NoReward Member Posts: 36
    Well not like close by the hook, maybe they are far away, but you see the aura, up and down, up and down.
    Maybe they can see the killer is close to the hook or something, so no point in rescuing.
  • SIlentCetra

@NoReward said:
    Well not like close by the hook, maybe they are far away, but you see the aura, up and down, up and down.
    Maybe they can see the killer is close to the hook or something, so no point in rescuing.

idk. In the games I have been in, even if I get hooked with survivors far away, SOMEONE at least makes their way for me eventually. From the videos I have been watching, they shouldn't come right away, but stick to gens for a little bit because you have time when first hooked. But someone should have started making their way towards you, and all of them crouching and uncrouching like that? Kinda suspect to me.

A little something I learned too, is when you are hooked and the killer is near you, you can start to struggle and abandon it before the struggle actually begins, making you wave your arms up and down. That will signal to players that the killer is still near you.

I'm still new myself, but picked this up inside my first few games when I made the mistake of thinking it meant "come get me plz" and ran headlong into the killer :'D

• SIlentCetra

@EntityDispleased said:
    If you're the last two then yes they're sitting by the hatch and asking you to die. If they come for you, both of you will most likely end up dead so there's no point. I usually let go if I get found first. 

I mean, why not try the unhook, especially of said killer is nowhere near the hooked one? At least try. I understand looking for the hatch when you're the last one, but to completely cuck your partner for "reasons?" nah. I, personally, will never be that douche.

• NoReward
    NoReward Member Posts: 36
    I should have been more clear with that I think I have seen it when we are the last two left. Ok, so It’s the hatch like I was thinking. Yes, when only two are left it’s not such a big chance to rescue.

SilentC: yes I also recently learnt the waving arms thing :)
  • SIlentCetra

@EntityDispleased said:
    SIlentCetra said:

@EntityDispleased said:

If you're the last two then yes they're sitting by the hatch and asking you to die. If they come for you, both of you will most likely end up dead so there's no point. I usually let go if I get found first. 

I mean, why not try the unhook, especially of said killer is nowhere near the hooked one? At least try. I understand looking for the hatch when you're the last one, but to completely cuck your partner for "reasons?" nah. I, personally, will never be that douche.

And then where does it go from there? You guys work on gens and open the exits right? No the killer will eventually find one of you again and it'll again come down to one guy on a hook and another wandering around alone, and I'd rather be the latter.

Depends on how many gens are left and probably the skill of the killer. Yeah, escape is probably unlikely, but at that point, you could choose to go down together instead of being selfish. I personally don't look for hatches until I am the last one left anyway (which, sadly, seldom happens since I can't seem to get the hang of chases :/ )

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816
    edited February 2019

I will always hold on when on the hook. You gonna let me die? Okay, i'll give you more time to rethink that or let the killer find you.

EDIT: I also own getting caught, but doesn't mean I don't wanna get the character I'm playing out of there and survive.

• NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343
    Yeah they want the hatch. If the random was working really well and I'm on the hook I will give them the hatch. But if you are sh!t, then I will stay on there until I finally die. 
  • SIlentCetra

@NoxiousOnnyyxx said:
    Yeah they want the hatch. If the random was working really well and I'm on the hook I will give them the hatch. But if you are sh!t, then I will stay on there until I finally die. 

I can see giving the guy the hatch. If you are the final two, I guess "teabagging" is the universal DBD way of saying "I've found the hatch?"

Kinda like the start struggle-stop struggle arm wave?

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    This is the correct answer.

Reward good teammates, punish lazy claudettes or farmers.