If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

can they talk or not?

Options
fogmuertos
fogmuertos Member Posts: 7

In (presumably) Benedict's overview on Kate, he says that kate sung a song at the campfire and made everyone happy. // https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Kate_Denson // But didn't the devs say that no one can talk? And please dont give me the BS of "Talking isn't singing" if you can sing, you can talk. period. someone explain please.

Comments

• yes
    yes Member Posts: 361
    Options

@fogmuertos said:
    In (presumably) Benedict's overview on Kate, he says that kate sung a song at the campfire and made everyone happy. // https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Kate_Denson // But didn't the devs say that no one can talk? And please dont give me the BS of "Talking isn't singing" if you can sing, you can talk. period. someone explain please.

I've always wondered this too. This might be unrelated to your question, but, if they were to add voice lines with the same voice actor they've been using since 2016 I think they'd have their voice changed a bit, due to age. Like instead of hearing that high-pitched Claudette you'll hear a rather dark and matured Claudette.
    Isn't Kate country? And isn't her VA French? It'd be weird hearing her talk tbh.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    Options

@fogmuertos said:

There are rules in the realm. When you are in the campfire, you are free to interact with everyone present there.

When you are in a trial, you can't talk. Think of it like this, you know of the sleep condition called "Sleep Paralysis" it is where you are legit paralyzed and you can't move or even speak. When the survivors are in the trials, i theorize that The Entity takes away their speech, which is why they can only grunt and scream.

• Snikers
    Snikers Member Posts: 64
    Options

They probably talk quite a bit in their "off hours", killers are survivors both. I can imagine the survivors maybe whispering or shouting something to each other during the trial, but this isn't reflected in the game itself. I wouldn't read too much into it; it's probably partially an artistic decision and partially a cost-saving measure when it comes to internationalization.

Off the top of my head, I think Dwight's perks have attached quotes that only make sense in the context of him talking to other survivors in the Entity's domain.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,785
    edited February 2019
    Options

I'm pretty sure they can talk at the campfire, otherwise it would be hard for them to teach their abilities to the others.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

@White_Owl said:
    I'm pretty sure they can talk at the campfire, otherwise it would be hard for them to teach their abilities to the others.

You might be right, I didn't think about it

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

The new idle animations suggest they do speak to each other. Or at least acknowledge the other survivors.

• perotx
    perotx Member Posts: 77
    Options

Gameplay wise, you're able to chat with other survivors in the lobby but not in the trial, so I assume lore wise it's the same way.

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    edited February 2019
    Options

Devs stated, that they can talk, but prefer to stay calm. Same for killers.

• Magnus13
    Magnus13 Member Posts: 74
    Options

How do you use coloured chat? Also yeah, it works that way @Rattman I saw it in a post somewhere.