The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What do you think the next survivor and killer perks will be?

yes
yes Member Posts: 361

As the title asks, what do you guys think the next perks will be? I had a dream where one of the killer perks were called 'Grasp of Life' or something like that and you could apparently pull survivors off quicker and have a bigger 'range' of where you can grab survivors. Another perk was where if you stood still for X/X/X seconds while a survivor was on your shoulder, the survivor's wiggle bar was reduced or slowed or stopped, I forgot which.

Comments

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I want to see a new survivor obsession perk. Something useful, maybe powerful, but with a catch because you are an obsession. Not like DS though, or even like OOO, more like SS but... actually useful.

I would also love to see a survivor perk that would be sort like like a reverse Dying Light. Something that says "if you kill this player, the other survivors get buffed." It would do nothing directly to the survivor using it, but indirectly it makes it so killer would refrain from killing them for a time which is still a benefit. And it shouldn't be like a repair boost or anything, I'm tired of that stuff, maybe instead the other survivors get a movement speed boost or get some aura information of some kind. Maybe even they just get more time on the hook, IDK, just not the usual "you do gens faster DERRRR".

As killer I'm not sure what perks I want. I like using Shadowborn and Stridor because they are fun tracking perks that don't do auras, so maybe more stuff like that though can't think what it could be.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

I want more 'general' perks not situational, especially for killers.

Look at last perk we've got with the legion. Mad grit and Iron Maiden, both of them are situational and people don't use them. Again, as I have stated before, killers can not afford highly situational perks. We need perks that can affect the whole game like bamboozle, brutal strength, enduring etc.

As a survivor,
    I want to be able to see my scratch marks. I would love to have a perk that allowed me to see them so that I can make good jukes and plan better.

I want to have a perk that makes me quiet when I am walking or sprinting or grass sounds. When the sound system was broken, I was able to make good plays since killers were not able to hear our sounds.

I want to have a perk that allowed me to have a map first time I search a chest just like pharmacy. A lot of people still don't realize how good detective's hunch+map combo. I wish I could get that perk as soon as possible.

I don't play killer much so I don't know what I want for them.

• yes

@thesuicidefox said:
    I want to see a new survivor obsession perk. Something useful, maybe powerful, but with a catch because you are an obsession. Not like DS though, or even like OOO, more like SS but... actually useful.

I would also love to see a survivor perk that would be sort like like a reverse Dying Light. Something that says "if you kill this player, the other survivors get buffed." It would do nothing directly to the survivor using it, but indirectly it makes it so killer would refrain from killing them for a time which is still a benefit. And it shouldn't be like a repair boost or anything, I'm tired of that stuff, maybe instead the other survivors get a movement speed boost or get some aura information of some kind. Maybe even they just get more time on the hook, IDK, just not the usual "you do gens faster DERRRR".

As killer I'm not sure what perks I want. I like using Shadowborn and Stridor because they are fun tracking perks that don't do auras, so maybe more stuff like that though can't think what it could be.

I would love seeing a new survivor Obsession perk. Maybe the perk could be something along the lines of 'If the killer sacrifices or mori a survivor, every other survivor receives a 3/4/5% Haste bonus until you are sacrificed or dead."

@Delfador said:

Look at last perk we've got with the legion. Mad grit and Iron Maiden, both of them are situational and people don't use them. Again, as I have stated before, killers can not afford highly situational perks. We need perks that can affect the whole game like bamboozle, brutal strength, enduring etc.

As a survivor,
    I want to be able to see my scratch marks. I would love to have a perk that allowed me to see them so that I can make good jukes and plan better.

I want to have a perk that makes me quiet when I am walking or sprinting or grass sounds. When the sound system was broken, I was able to make good plays since killers were not able to hear our sounds.

I want to have a perk that allowed me to have a map first time I search a chest just like pharmacy. A lot of people still don't realize how good detective's hunch+map combo. I wish I could get that perk as soon as possible.

Maybe Lightweight can be buffed so that we can see scratch marks? Or would that be too much for a non-teachable Rare perk?

Example:
    Tracker- Your scratch marks are visible to you. While your scratch marks are visible, they spawn slightly/moderately/considerably farther apart.

Same, maybe that perk could also reduce or remove the "grunt" you make from falling from long falls, that would have excellent synergy with BL.

Example:
    Shh..- After landing from a long fall, the noises made by the fall are reduced by 50/75/100% and the noises made while running, walking or traversing through grass is reduced by 20/60/80%.

Yeah, that'd be a cool perk. We need more perks that include finding a specific item for the first time in a chest, and finding a map could be one of them. Maybe Rainbow Maps could be added in there as well, or maybe the perk could go like this:

X Marks the Spot!- Searching a chest for the first time will either provide you with a Rainbow map or a Rare map. There is a 50/75/100% chance the killer will not be notified if you close the chest. All chests are revealed to you for 3/4/5 seconds at the beginning of the match, and every time you search a chest.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

I honestly would like more obsession perks for survivors. The killer gets one every so often, but the only obsession perks survivors have are from Laurie.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    Hex: Devour Expediency 

2 gens completed - auras of survivors are shown
    3 - exposed
    5 - MORI

Destroying the hex gives a mini ruin effect on all remaining gens for 20/40/60 seconds. 
  • pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    Powerful Strike 

Once per match, the killer can hit a skill check that takes away a hook phase from one survivor. 
  • Delfador

@yes said:

Maybe Lightweight can be buffed so that we can see scratch marks? Or would that be too much for a non-teachable Rare perk?

Example:
    Tracker- Your scratch marks are visible to you. While your scratch marks are visible, they spawn slightly/moderately/considerably farther apart.

Same, maybe that perk could also reduce or remove the "grunt" you make from falling from long falls, that would have excellent synergy with BL.

Example:
    Shh..- After landing from a long fall, the noises made by the fall are reduced by 50/75/100% and the noises made while running, walking or traversing through grass is reduced by 20/60/80%.

Yeah, that'd be a cool perk. We need more perks that include finding a specific item for the first time in a chest, and finding a map could be one of them. Maybe Rainbow Maps could be added in there as well, or maybe the perk could go like this:

X Marks the Spot!- Searching a chest for the first time will either provide you with a Rainbow map or a Rare map. There is a 50/75/100% chance the killer will not be notified if you close the chest. All chests are revealed to you for 3/4/5 seconds at the beginning of the match, and every time you search a chest.

These are actually great ideas, I hope the devs see these.

@pemberley said:

3 - exposed
    5 - MORI

Destroying the hex gives a mini ruin effect on all remaining gens for 20/40/60 seconds. 

I think this is a really good suggestion. It would even be better if the totems get lit after the first effect.

• GamingZebra88
    GamingZebra88 Member Posts: 31
    edited February 2019
    Survivor Perks: 
    - A Friend In Need: When others see you in pain, they're inspired to help you. Repairing, altruistic and cleansing actions of other survivors are 5/10/15% faster when within a 6 metre proximity of you when you are injured or dying. This does not stack. (To encourage a more risky playstyle)
    - Goosebumps: You can always spot when trouble's coming. When  entering the Killer's terror radius, the Killer's aura becomes visible to you/you/all survivors for 3/5/7 seconds. (Might be a bit OP)
    - Go On Without Me: You've always been ready to take one for the team. When you're hooked, all other living survivors get a 10/15/20% boost to all actions. This does not stack. (Again encouraging a risky playstyle)

Killer Perks:
    - Peek-A-Boo: The Entity finds some amusement in your scaring of survivors. When hitting a survivor within a 24 metre range of another survivor, lose your terror radius and red stain for 6/8/10 seconds. (In order to combat SWF groups or highly altruistic stalkers)
    - Long Arm of The Law: You do whatever you can to catch your enemies. As a chase goes on, gain a slightly/moderately/considerably longer lunge range. (Wasn't sure of the name but I was thinking of a sheriff or maybe even a knight with a twisted morality killer to have this perk. A tad situational but helpful for Killer's who can't seem to catch people)
    - Every Nook And Cranny: You'll catch your prey no matter how long it takes. The Entity rewards your persistence. This perks meter will rise based on how many survivors are in your terror radius but not in a chase. As you gain tokens you receive 15/20/25% bonus bloodpoints in the hunting category for a maximum of 2/3/4 tokens.
  • yes

@Delfador said:

@yes said:

Example:

Example:

These are actually great ideas, I hope the devs see these.

@pemberley said:

3 - exposed
    5 - MORI

I think this is a really good suggestion. It would even be better if the totems get lit after the first effect.

Thank you :)

• Lanis_
    Lanis_ Member Posts: 183
    Survivor perk:
    -"beacon of light" the first Chest give u an yellow flashlight with common/uncommon/rare addon
    -"special mushroom": u start the game with ability to see generators and hooks from 20/28/40 mt from u, but u can't hear any sounds.
    -"parkour" u can recover exhaustion when u running (like old days) at x4/x3/x2 time, but the first time that u are put on a hook, start with struggles time.

Killer perk: "jump scare" u start the game with 2/3/4 token, when u are not in a Chase, u can activate a stealth mode for 5/7/9 seconds and your terror radius down to 0.

"Radiation" when survivor repairs a generator, get exhaustion for 10/15/20 seconds.

"Don't run away from me" increase speed in chase of 5/10/15%, but u can't See survivor aura.

Special gift

"Bubba's friend" when killer sacrifice a survivor in the basement, all player see a vision of an happy Bubba in party-dress.
  • HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Delfador said:

As a survivor,

Why do you want a perk that messes up with sound? Don't you know how absolutly necessary sound for killers is? Didn't you saw right after the engine update it was ez pz to lose the killer around a corner because he couldn't hear you? That's such a stupid perk idea 
  • Delfador

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

Why do you want a perk that messes up with sound? Don't you know how absolutly necessary sound for killers is? Didn't you saw right after the engine update it was ez pz to lose the killer around a corner because he couldn't hear you? That's such a stupid perk idea 

Killers and survivors have already perks that messes up with sounds, be it stridor, iron will etc. It is a very important aspect of the game and should be utilized more.

It is a good and strong perk idea and will come in handy. That's the whole point, what do you want me to suggest, another perk like boil over or diversion?

'Didn't you saw right after the engine update it was ez pz to lose the killer around a corner because he couldn't hear you?' This is the whole point btw, thank you for pointing out.