The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

End Game Option?

I can't speak for others, but for me personally, due to the nature of the current hatch mechanics, playing killer when it comes down to the final survivor can get pretty tedious. 9/10 it boils down to just waiting for the survivor to find the hatch, and even if you both find the hatch at the same time, your options then become just give the survivor the hatch or prepare to stand by the hatch for 20 mins. Either way not fun.

For this reason I consider a 3 hook game a win/end of the match. As such it be pretty nice to have an option to end the match after 3 hooks, which also awards the survivor the points they would have received for making the hatch escape. Once selected the survivor would get a prompt to either decline or accept the decision. This leaves the option on the table for survivors who want to continue playing (for example completing event actions, looting chests, etc,.) I feel this would just save people time and could at least be explored as a temporary solution until the eventual reworking of the hatch/end game mechanics.

I dunno, I am probably missing something here.

Comments

• SIlentCetra
    SIlentCetra Member Posts: 187

I don't see a problem with the hatch, and it doesn't seem a majority of people do from poking around the forums. That said, your idea is NOT a bad one. It still keeps the ultimate decision up to the surv, and then they can choose whether or not to gamble on finding the hatch and making it through it--or just taking the W.

I could get behind this

• Daneryn
    Daneryn Member Posts: 52

@SIlentCetra said:
    I don't see a problem with the hatch, and it doesn't seem a majority of people do from poking around the forums. That said, your idea is NOT a bad one. It still keeps the ultimate decision up to the surv, and then they can choose whether or not to gamble on finding the hatch and making it through it--or just taking the W.

I could get behind this

Yeah I guess it's not a huge problem or anything more so just a personal preference, as at that point in the game I like to get cracking on the next match! Cheers for the feedback!

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
    1. The Hatch Mechanic itself is a band-aid.
    2. The hatch introduces the Check-Mate effect. (stand-off)
    3. The hatch gives a "free" /cheap escape.

If it were to be solved through band-aiding alone then I believe the check-mate effect should rule in the Survivor's favour meaning that if they reach the hatch, they cannot be grabbed and they can jump in even if the killer is "blocking" it.

I would just keep the hatch and let the killer "half-close" it, meaning the survivor can still jump in without items, but it will no longer hear the hatch sound, making it harder to find in the first place.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

I agree, sometimes it consumes so much time that I want to DC, that I would play another match instead of waiting there.

Your suggestion is really good, it gives chance to survivors who want to loot or get the event items etc.

It has been suggested by other people in the past and got ignored though.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    edited February 2019
    One of the devs made a great idea how to change the endgame ... Sadly, since then not a single statement about that idea was made again, I was really excites for that rework.

Edit: maybe @Giddawid can ask for us if this idea is still in the room or the devs already dismissed it
  • Arsoul
    Arsoul Member Posts: 320

Give the killer the ability to light up the area the hatch is (like that map addon) if they want to give the escape. No major change then. And means the survivor can just go.

Not, killer can only do this on the hatch, cant be used elsewhere to troll

• Daneryn
    Daneryn Member Posts: 52
    edited February 2019

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. Is there a submission forum for the questions that the devs answer from when they do their Q+A streams or do they just choose randomly from the most upvoted threads? Seems might be worth a sub?