If you were not allowed to dodge lobbies, would you still play killer?

Comments

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636

@Giddawid said:
    I would still play killer, yes :)

You're paid to say that. :p

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

I'll only dodge if it's bad ping either myself to the killer or someone in my lobby as killer has bad ping since it's not fair to anyone to play like that.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    @fcc2014 said:

@Vietfox have you joined lobby dodgers anonymous????

Never! I would rather uninstall DbD than becoming a lobby dodger.
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Vietfox said:
    @fcc2014 said:

I thought so!

• Tucking_Friggered

@Vietfox said:
    @fcc2014 said:

See, this is why SWF/non SWF queues would be perfect! You can spend your day banging your head against....having a great time with SWF groups, while those that weren't up for the good time could play a more mundane group. Win/win.

• fcc2014

@Tucking_Friggered Those people would never get better as killer if you don't play a variety and than come to the forum and complain about getting beat by solo survivors too.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

grabs popcorn

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

@Vietfox said:
    @fcc2014 said:

See, this is why SWF/non SWF queues would be perfect! You can spend your day banging your head against....having a great time with SWF groups, while those that weren't up for the good time could play a more mundane group. Win/win.

Some of you overestimate SWF. Most of them are not even close to be a death squad and they usually provide more bloodpoints than solos, also they are more predictable.
    Having different queues for solos and swf would be a mistake and i don't really think i need to explain why.
  • Tucking_Friggered

@Vietfox said:
    @Tucking_Friggered said:

@Vietfox said:

@fcc2014 said:

Some of you overestimate SWF. Most of them are not even close to be a death squad and they usually provide more bloodpoints than solos, also they are more predictable.
    Having different queues for solos and swf would be a mistake and i don't really think i need to explain why.

It doesn't matter. I and many others do not want to extend the advantage to a group that have not earned said advantage. They play under an easier ruleset than those survivors who play solo. When you say it is a mistake, that rings that as much as you want to come off as balls to the wall against all challengers you know there is a difference and that most would not bother.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    edited February 2019

No, probably not. But I actually also hate the idea of getting banned for disconnecting, because who are you to tell me that I can't stop playing a game that I paid for?

Personally, what I think dbd should do is have some kind of endorsement system like Overwatch, where you get prizes for having a high endorsement level & your endorsement level goes down if you d/c or lobby dodge too much. Like, my endorsement level for Overwatch has been a 4 for a long time & I get lootboxes for it all the time, so it's rewarding me for not being a ######### person who leaves matches or lobbies a lot.

You get more out of people and everyone is happier if you use the carrot instead of the stick.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@George_Soros said:
    @NoShinyPony are you mad? Never dodged. Such a pathetic thing to do.

Those of us who don't lobby dodge ever know the sweet taste of slaughtering a full SWF team, after being genrushed, with the help of BW and their own crazy altruism. Wouldn't pass up on that kind of fun :)

Yeah what a sweet taste, knowing that not your skil won the game, but rather the survivors stupidity

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    If killers can't dodge anymore the survivors will run rampant and bullying will increase. 
    Players have abused everything that was possible. 

Insta Flashlights, taking the game hostage by using DH to get to unreachable places, bullying, harassment, fake reports, getting killers banned for unsportsmanlike behavior on xbox, witch hunts, etc.

Whenever something was possible, our community did it. 

If killers can't dodge, survivors will make the game experience a living hell for the few killers that haven't left.

Don't believe it? Just look at killer main streamers. More than enough had to take a break. 
  • fcc2014

@Tucking_Friggered said:

It doesn't matter. I and many others do not want to extend the advantage to a group that have not earned said advantage. They play under an easier ruleset than those survivors who play solo.

You don't want any competition.

• Tucking_Friggered

@fcc2014 said:

@Tucking_Friggered said:

It doesn't matter. I and many others do not want to extend the advantage to a group that have not earned said advantage. They play under an easier ruleset than those survivors who play solo.

You don't want any competition.

Sure I do. Just not the type of cheat code activated, smack talking because they have unlimited communication and intel, perk breaking type SWF brings.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@George_Soros said:

Those of us who don't lobby dodge ever know the sweet taste of slaughtering a full SWF team, after being genrushed, with the help of BW and their own crazy altruism. Wouldn't pass up on that kind of fun :)

Did you just say that you can't beat a SWF group before they finish the gens and you have to rely on them making mistakes when the exit gates are open? :)

• fcc2014

@Tucking_Friggered said:

Sure I do. Just not the type of cheat code activated, smack talking because they have unlimited communication and intel, perk breaking type SWF brings.

So you are an inferior player to those who play against everyone and still excel. You want easy mode.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

I only leave lobbies if it is bugged, such as when someone leaves and you have 3 people sitting there with no 4th coming in for a while. I leave and reset the lobby. Otherwise, I could not care less who is in my lobby anymore. If I see what looks like a sweaty SWF, I either load up good perks/addons and a mori for game on, or I load up a goof-around killer with perks for all the xtra bp I can get. Let them waste their brand new parts and purple flashlights, I'm only there to goof off and get bp.

Works every time. I leave with lots of bp and had zero stress. Was just me horsing around.

• Dolphin9192
    Dolphin9192 Member Posts: 130

I don't play much killer as it is (except for this event) but I would not play at all if I was forced into a game with people using voice comms.

• Tucking_Friggered
    edited February 2019

@fcc2014 said:

@Tucking_Friggered said:

So you are an inferior player to those who play against everyone and still excel. You want easy mode.

I can't take you serious as you talk about skill while using VoIP. And you do so like you have some type of community consensus. It's amusing though. But above that I can't find a F to give about what you think about my skill. If it makes you feel better saying I don't want X, feel free. In the end I'm still dodging the SWFs or in the absence of the ability to do so, playing something else. What are you going to do about it? Pretend I care about some random internet name smacking in the forums?

• fcc2014

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@fcc2014 said:

@Tucking_Friggered said:

I can't take you serious as you talk about skill while using VoIP. And you do so like you have some type of community consensus. It's amusing though. But above that I can't find a F to give about what you think about my skill. If it makes you feel better saying I don't want X, feel free. In the end I'm still dodging the SWFs or in the absence of the ability to do so, playing something else. What are you going to do about it? Pretend I care about some random internet name smacking in the forums?

I play killer too and don't use voice chat. I don't duck lobbies because it is a game. It won't crush me if i get beat by a coordinated group because i can just play another match. I figured two days ago you would dodge and have no desire to have any challenge playing this game. I was just seeing if you would dodge and rage quit here too. What exactly will you do when everyone loads in at the same time? I'm sure you can just dc when things don't go your way but since rank reset is in 2 days, just something spend the first half not choosing your lobbies only closing it for bad ping. See if it really messes with your rank, bloodpoints, enjoyment overall whatever you use this game to measure by.

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358
    Master said:

Yes, you can simply DC ingame then.

But on the other hand Im not even really playing right now anymore....

You'd get hit with a ban 
  • Tucking_Friggered
    edited February 2019

@fcc2014 said:

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@fcc2014 said:

@Tucking_Friggered said:

I play killer too and don't use voice chat. I don't duck lobbies because it is a game. It won't crush me if i get beat by a coordinated group because i can just play another match. I figured two days ago you would dodge and have no desire to have any challenge playing this game. I was just seeing if you would dodge and rage quit here too. What exactly will you do when everyone loads in at the same time? I'm sure you can just dc when things don't go your way but since rank reset is in 2 days, just something spend the first half not choosing your lobbies only closing it for bad ping. See if it really messes with your rank, bloodpoints, enjoyment overall whatever you use this game to measure by.

See anyone can make this claim to try and give their position a leg to stand on. But until you face SWF every game and have no way out of it while persevering game after game it's all hot air. You aren't a killer trying to defend SWF even if you say you are or play killer some of the time. You are a SWF that doesn't have to face SWF and want to defend having it forced on everyone. Anyone can log on and play killer occasionally and deal with a SWF. That is not in the same plane of existence as being a dedicated killer and having it every single match thanks to a server change. But we can go back and forth all day long and get nowhere. When this change occurs you will come to understand the consequences and there isn't going to be a hotfix for it.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@George_Soros said:

Did you just say that you can't beat a SWF group before they finish the gens and you have to rely on them making mistakes when the exit gates are open? :)

No I did not.
  • George_Soros
    Master said:

@George_Soros said:

Yeah what a sweet taste, knowing that not your skil won the game, but rather the survivors stupidity

Oh cork it you demented sod. This game is hardly about skill. 40% of success depends on rng (totem spots for example), another 40% on experience (simply how many hours one has wasted playing, hardly something to be proud of), and MAYBE the remaining 20 is really about reflexes, quick thinking, analytic skills or whatever.

Just forget about the illusion that the game is somehow "skill based".
  • NoShinyPony

@George_Soros said:
    NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

No I did not.

Then why did you mention this example? The obvious thing to say would be that you don't have a problem against a SWF with multiple DCs and insta-heals and you win anyways.

• George_Soros

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:
    NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

No I did not.

Then why did you mention this example? The obvious thing to say would be that you don't have a problem against a SWF with multiple DCs and insta-heals and you win anyways.

But I don't always win. It's just so stupid to back away from a match when it looks like it's gonna be hard. I like it hard. I often get destroyed by well organized teams who are on comm. But this is what makes the occasional victory worthy.

• NoShinyPony

@George_Soros said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:
    NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

No I did not.

But I don't always win. It's just so stupid to back away from a match when it looks like it's gonna be hard. I like it hard. I often get destroyed by well organized teams who are on comm. But this is what makes the occasional victory worthy.

If you play against a SWF group with DCs, insta-heals etc. and you lose: Do you think you lose because you are not a good enough killer?

• George_Soros

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:
    NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

No I did not.

If you play against a SWF group with DCs, insta-heals etc. and you lose: Do you think you lose because you are not a good enough killer?

Yes.

• NoShinyPony

@George_Soros said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:
    NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

No I did not.

Yes.

Are you a Nurse or did you bring an Ebony Mori?

• George_Soros

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:
    NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

No I did not.

Yes.

Clown, Freddy, Wraith, Spirit. Rarely use mories. Why?

• NoShinyPony

@George_Soros said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:
    NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

No I did not.

Yes.

Because you think you lose because you are not a good enough killer even when there is a SWF group with DCs and insta-heals.

You would only be half-right if you were a super good Nurse. Since you are not playing Nurse, you are wrong. If you win against those teams, it's because they mess up. You don't have a fair chance.

• George_Soros

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:
    NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

No I did not.

Yes.

Because you think you lose because you are not a good enough killer even when there is a SWF group with DCs and insta-heals.

You would only be half-right if you were a super good Nurse. Since you are not playing Nurse, you are wrong. If you win against those teams, it's because they mess up. You don't have a fair chance.

There's never a "fair chance". A lot depends on luck. You gotta win. If you lose, you have to ask "what can I do to do better next time". Or we can cry "unfair" but no one gives a #########, and why should anyone? Nothing is "fair", that's an artificial concept.

• NoShinyPony

@George_Soros said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:
    NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

No I did not.

Yes.

There's never a "fair chance". A lot depends on luck. You gotta win. If you lose, you have to ask "what can I do to do better next time". Or we can cry "unfair" but no one gives a #########, and why should anyone? Nothing is "fair", that's an artificial concept.

Life sometimes isn't fair but this is a video game. And in a game, unbalance is unfairness. And the community and the devs should care very much about getting this game to a balanced state.

Not everyone is willing to play matches they have no chance winning and what that means is clear to see. Just take a lot at the queue times for survivors.

• George_Soros

@George_Soros said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:
    NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

No I did not.

Yes.

Life sometimes isn't fair but this is a video game. And in a game, unbalance is unfairness. And the community and the devs should care very much about getting this game to a balanced state.

Not everyone is willing to play matches they have no chance winning and what that means is clear to see. Just take a lot at the queue times for survivors.

I agree there's a lot to be done for balance in this game. But even if the devs did their best, dbd is never gonna be even remotely balanced. Too many variables. I just take any match as it comes, and try not to sweat it. There's always a chance of winning.
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Vietfox said:
    @fcc2014 said:

This here basically ^^^
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Nickenzie said:
    Vietfox said:
    @fcc2014 said:

This here basically ^^^
    So you both would abandon the game.
    Interesting 
  • Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Yeah of course, i don't see any point in dodging lobbies nowadays especially with all the counter perks that exists

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Yes! If nobody can dodge lobbies then the SWFs will be spread out more fairly. I have to play the dodged SWFs while lobby dodgers are getting easier games.

• NoShinyPony

@Plu said:
    Yeah of course, i don't see any point in dodging lobbies nowadays especially with all the counter perks that exists

How many insta-heals and DS do you usually face when you play against a 4 SWF group?

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    Tsulan said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Vietfox said:
    @fcc2014 said:

This here basically ^^^
    Interesting 
    Make that three because I'd rather uninstall this game than cherry pick lobbies all day , I'm here to have fun not waste anyone's time , in fact the past week I really haven't even played survivor because the times are still so bad I don't want to wait and piss myself off. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    Tsulan said:

Nickenzie said:

Vietfox said:

@fcc2014 said:

This here basically ^^^

Interesting 

Make that three because I'd rather uninstall this game than cherry pick lobbies all day , I'm here to have fun not waste anyone's time , in fact the past week I really haven't even played survivor because the times are still so bad I don't want to wait and piss myself off. 

Well just play killer then?

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

Yes I would

• OrionsFury4789
    Master said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    Tsulan said:

Nickenzie said:

Vietfox said:

@fcc2014 said:

This here basically ^^^

Interesting 

That's all Ive been doing that's my point I've played zero survivor lately
  • OrionsFury4789
    edited February 2019
    Master said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    Tsulan said:

Nickenzie said:

Vietfox said:

@fcc2014 said:

This here basically ^^^

Interesting 

I pray to God they implement bans on dodgers so I can play what I want and not be forced to play killer to enjoy this game , this is one of my favorite games and while I like playing killer alot I like playing survivor more so here I am a week into playing nothing but killer and it's just getting kinda lame when survivor ques take 45 mins a match 
  • Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    edited February 2019

@Plu said:

How many insta-heals and DS do you usually face when you play against a 4 SWF group?

Against 4 mans swf? At least 2 decisive, as for Instaheal it's pretty rare, but when it happens it's usually one, I've rarely met 4 insta
  • NoShinyPony

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    Master said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:

Tsulan said:

Nickenzie said:

Vietfox said:

@fcc2014  said:

This here basically ^^^

Interesting 

I pray to God they implement bans on dodgers so I can play what I want and not be forced to play killer to enjoy this game , this is one of my favorite games and while I like playing killer alot I like playing survivor more so here I am a week into playing nothing but killer and it's just getting kinda lame when survivor ques take 45 mins a match 

Survivor queues don't take long because killers dodge lobbies. They take long because there are not enough people playing killer.

If lobby dodgers would get banned, that would result in even longer qeues for survivors.

If you want faster survivor qeues, then you must want more people to play killer.

• OrionsFury4789

@OrionsFury4789 said:l
    Master said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:

Tsulan said:

Nickenzie said:

Vietfox said:

@fcc2014  said:

This here basically ^^^

Interesting 

Survivor queues don't take long because killers dodge lobbies. They take long because there are not enough people playing killer.

If lobby dodgers would get banned, that would result in even longer qeues for survivors.

If you want faster survivor qeues, then you must want more people to play killer.

I get lobbies fast and I get dodged a few times and then I'm stuck for a long time thats my issue currently , I'm waiting until the dodgers rank up before I play survivor again so I can have those insta ques  
  • WatchBloodRain
    WatchBloodRain Member Posts: 175
    Doesnt bother me at all I dont avoid lobbies, but as I'm on PS4 may explain why, I don't see or know many swf