If you were not allowed to dodge lobbies, would you still play killer?

Options
13»

Comments

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    Options

@JawsIsTheNextKiller said:
    Yes! If nobody can dodge lobbies then the SWFs will be spread out more fairly. I have to play the dodged SWFs while lobby dodgers are getting easier games.

This isn't a job and there are no obligations to help. If you take on the responsibility of SWF games all day it's on you. Spreading around the cheats doesn't make it more fair it only puts everyone on the path to quitting.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    Master said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:

Tsulan said:

Nickenzie said:

Vietfox said:

@fcc2014  said:

@Vietfox have you joined lobby dodgers anonymous????

Never! I would rather uninstall DbD than becoming a lobby dodger.

This here basically ^^^

So you both would abandon the game.

Interesting 

Make that three because I'd rather uninstall this game than cherry pick lobbies all day , I'm here to have fun not waste anyone's time , in fact the past week I really haven't even played survivor because the times are still so bad I don't want to wait and piss myself off. 

Well just play killer then?

I pray to God they implement bans on dodgers so I can play what I want and not be forced to play killer to enjoy this game , this is one of my favorite games and while I like playing killer alot I like playing survivor more so here I am a week into playing nothing but killer and it's just getting kinda lame when survivor ques take 45 mins a match 

We dont even have proper penalties for DCing :lol:

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

@Master said:

^^^^^^^^
    The threshold must be set too high. We need this adjusted.

• Master
    Options

@fcc2014 said:

@Master said:

^^^^^^^^
    The threshold must be set too high. We need this adjusted.

The problem is that in a competitive ranked game, there needs to be punishment right after the first DC which increases the more you DC.
    Usually first DC => 5 mins
    2nd DC => 15 mins
    3rd => 1 hour

• fcc2014
    Options

@Master said:

The problem is that in a competitive ranked game, there needs to be punishment right after the first DC which increases the more you DC.
    2nd DC => 15 mins
    3rd => 1 hour

My problem is with the competitively ranked games. Rank is a joke we all know it comes down more to matches played over actual skill. The fact we have match making based on this is also a reason for lobby dodging and such. You get players on both sides who derank to find "less" competitive matches(to bully the other-side) and have being do it for so long that when they run into a skilled player they get beat.

BHVR really needs to look at removing the incentive to dc. If you upped the points both sides received and did not allow the user to depip it may discourage the dc in the first place. For example if a survivor dc's on a killer the killer gets 3 hooks worth of points and if running BBQ the stack they may have lost. If a Killer quits at the beginning of the match the survivor would get a low end matches worth of points 15k

At that point you add in the dc timeout penalties with a rolling 72hr clock.

• Master
    Options

@fcc2014 said:

@Master said:

2nd DC => 15 mins
    3rd => 1 hour

My problem is with the competitively ranked games. Rank is a joke we all know it comes down more to matches played over actual skill. The fact we have match making based on this is also a reason for lobby dodging and such. You get players on both sides who derank to find "less" competitive matches(to bully the other-side) and have being do it for so long that when they run into a skilled player they get beat.

BHVR really needs to look at removing the incentive to dc. If you upped the points both sides received and did not allow the user to depip it may discourage the dc in the first place. For example if a survivor dc's on a killer the killer gets 3 hooks worth of points and if running BBQ the stack they may have lost. If a Killer quits at the beginning of the match the survivor would get a low end matches worth of points 15k

At that point you add in the dc timeout penalties with a rolling 72hr clock.

Well that can be fixed with a casual game mode like very other competitive game offers.

I dont think its a solution to reward the other side of the DC, DCing must be prevented in the first place.

And yes, if you DC too often it might very well happen that you are banned for multiple days from the ranked mode, thats normal in real competitive games

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

@Plu said:
    NoShinyPony said:

@Plu said:

Yeah of course, i don't see any point in dodging lobbies nowadays especially with all the counter perks that exists

How many insta-heals and DS do you usually face when you play against a 4 SWF group?

Against 4 mans swf? At least 2 decisive, as for Instaheal it's pretty rare, but when it happens it's usually one, I've rarely met 4 insta

Insta-heals rarely, really? Consider yourself lucky then. ;)

• fcc2014
    Options

@Master do you really think we have a player base to support 2 modes. Unless we have cross platform play i don't think we can, and if we do add cross platform play. Players on console will be at a disadvantage over player on pc.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options
    Tsulan said:
    Master said:

Yes, you can simply DC ingame then.

But on the other hand Im not even really playing right now anymore....

You'd get hit with a ban 
    He wouldn't care.
    I wouldn't care.
    Most killers wouldn't care.
    We would just play something else. 
    Yeah I d/c if I get a full toxic team tbagging me now. One I can put up with because it's nobody elses fault but if its the team then I'm gone.

If then ban me I'll take my business elsewhere. I don't want to play with toxic idiots.
  • NoShinyPony
    Options

@fcc2014 said:
    @Master do you really think we have a player base to support 2 modes. Unless we have cross platform play i don't think we can, and if we do add cross platform play. Players on console will be at a disadvantage over player on pc.

You asked Master, but let me throw in my two cents as well. :)

In theory, it would be nice to have Casual and Ranked Mode. Realistically, I think the player base on consoles is not big enough. I'm not sure about PC.

The problem I see with Ranked Mode: The current heavily unbalanced state of the game. Killers can only play Nurse and survivors will bring 4 DS, 4 insta-heals etc.

It is an interesting topic, for sure.

• fcc2014
    Options

@NoShinyPony I really wonder if match making was changed if people would feel differently about the game. Match making based on hours played so you match skill/experience vs skill to get actual true data so they could balance around that might change everything.

For instance currently you could have a 4 man swf all 4 could have 1,000 plus hours in. The ranks are all 15 or 2 are 15 and the other two rank 1 but they depip to get easy matches and they get matched against a player with 300 hours in the game but they are a true rank 15 killer. What do you think is gonna happen? Same scenario but matched with a killer who has 1,000 hours playing as killer you get a different outcome.

• Master
    Options

@NoShinyPony said:

@fcc2014 said:

In theory, it would be nice to have Casual and Ranked Mode. Realistically, I think the player base on consoles is not big enough. I'm not sure about PC.

The problem I see with Ranked Mode: The current heavily unbalanced state of the game. Killers can only play Nurse and survivors will bring 4 DS, 4 insta-heals etc.

Cross platform could immediately solve this issue aswell (even if I dont belive that its an problem)

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640
    Options

It all depends of what I wanna do
    Some builds won't work against swf soo I won't be allowed to dodge

But I usually don't dodge lobbies soo yea

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

@fcc2014 said:

Cross platform won't solve the issue.
    People thought the removal of region lock would solve queue issues. Now we have queue issues + ping issues. 
  • NoShinyPony
    Options

@fcc2014 said:
    @NoShinyPony I really wonder if match making was changed if people would feel differently about the game. Match making based on hours played so you match skill/experience vs skill to get actual true data so they could balance around that might change everything.

The current ranking system doesn't work at all. It would be better to match players according to their experience instead of the current ranking system, yes.

But in the end, I'd prefer a properly working ranking system that is based on skill to match players with each other.

I also believe that a proper, skill-based ranking system would improve the game experience a lot for most players.

• michaelmyers87
    michaelmyers87 Member Posts: 458
    Options
    Been rank one killer constantly over a year. Never dodged a lobby once. 
  • fcc2014
    Options

@NoShinyPony if we do it in steps we could fix everything.
    1.First change the match making system.

2.Evaluate how both sides perform at these levels kills/escape ratio for veteran players.( The results will trickle down as less experienced players improve)

3. Balance around your new data. Buff Killers and addons to compensate.

4. Finally change how Ranking is calculated. You can determine this by how experienced players are against one another.

• NoShinyPony
    Options

@fcc2014
    I believe we should start with reworking the ranking system.

And keep in mind that gameplay always needs to be balanced around the top = most skillful players.

• ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG Member Posts: 359
    Options
    Oh I cant dodge?
    Closes application
    Nothing personal kid