The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Let's be honest: The Moonrise Event was more exciting than most of you admit!

AlwaysInAGoodShape
AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

There are multiple people who have stated that either the moonrise event caused everyone to Gen rush and it caused everyone to never do Gens.

I personally find this event the BEST one so far! The competitive nature of the lamps and your need to survive with them make you extra conscious of what you are doing and how you treat yourself while your life is on the line!

This intense will to survive has created a lot of extremely funny/cool/exciting end game scenario's.
I have 3 Video's to illustrate just how much fun and intense this event has been!

Playing against the Huntress but you're the protagonist in the matrix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3WO71GUB6c&t=1s

The Solo-Gen is NOT a Myth...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-PkTkPunAc

The Giant Betrayal~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnVOndGU_dw&t=1s

What did you guys think about the game-play aspects of the event?
Leave opinions, video's & highlights of your favourite moments of DBD down in the comments!

Comments

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    As killer I kinda forgot about it. Seems like it brought out the worst in a lot of players. Also survivor queue times were horrendous. Nah this event was worse than having no event at all. But hopefully it's a learning experience for next time.
  • Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

In the end, the only thing we were missing were the sweet blood point bonuses of previous events. I did play like an absolute a$$hole as survivor, abandoning many team mates to save my worthless hide and secure the 25pts! As Killer, it was business as usual, although a lot less merciful than I have been and drove me to get my rank 1 killer finally! (sorry, another back pat for getting 100%!)

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    It was alright, not good not bad. None of my survivors were being toxic I kinda just stopped intentionally breaking the lanterns unless I come across them. I just wanted the huntress cosmetic so I'm good now. I'm working on my 5th coin I think but the event was fine. We just needed some sweet double bp
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited February 2019
    I don't agree, I completed every other event in the first week easily while with this one I m struggling to keep playing, I only want the feng costume and I almost have it so that's almost three coins only.

I think it was a mistake to make it versus each other player as events for myself always brought the community together and stopped alot of the usual toxicity while this one promotes it. 
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited February 2019

@AlwaysInAGoodShape said:
    I personally find this event the BEST one so far! The competitive nature of the lamps and your need to survive with them make you extra conscious of what you are doing and how you treat yourself while your life is on the line!

I agree. I found this even quite fun with many cool situations... from cursing and regretting taking the lantern while trying to stealth as the last survivor to giggling while stealing the lamp from a hooked survivor that took it under my nose...

• AlwaysInAGoodShape

@twistedmonkey said:
    I don't agree, I completed every other event in the first week easily while with this one I m struggling to keep playing, I only want the feng costume and I almost have it so that's almost three coins only.

I think it was a mistake to make it versus each other player as events for myself always brought the community together and stopped alot of the usual toxicity while this one promotes it. 

Ah, you prefer the gamethrowing from the Blight Event. Hhhhh

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    I've enjoyed it, only thing is a couple times Ive escaped a game with a Lantern, did multiple Gens and the game give me 0 points for the Event, including one where I used an offering.  Lost a bit over 140 points,,my GF has also had zero progress on games escaped.

Kinda wish the Devs would consider extending the event a bit :/
  • twistedmonkey
    edited February 2019

Never assume something just because someone doesn't agree with you.

Nowhere did I mention the blight, maybe read what I wrote again.
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

I liked everything about the event except for the bonus bloodpoints. Those were far too low.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    As Killer, it made no difference for me. Wasting too much time looking for vessels to destroy. As Survivor, rather than escaping with a vessel, my objective was to maximise BP gain when I used an envelope.

Fairly easy event overall. I managed to get everything I wanted. Feng's outfit and two pieces of Ace's.
  • AlwaysInAGoodShape

@twistedmonkey

I think it was a mistake to make it versus each other player as events for myself always brought the community together

The blight is the opposite of players versus each other. Killers, survivors, they were all a team in gaining points for the event. That goes for everything where the killer and survivor can earn points together.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape

@Nikkiwhat said:
    I've enjoyed it, only thing is a couple times Ive escaped a game with a Lantern, did multiple Gens and the game give me 0 points for the Event, including one where I used an offering.  Lost a bit over 140 points,,my GF has also had zero progress on games escaped.

Kinda wish the Devs would consider extending the event a bit :/

Yeah, some bugs, wrong point reward numbers, but gameplay wise it was pretty great.

• twistedmonkey
    edited February 2019

@twistedmonkey

I think it was a mistake to make it versus each other player as events for myself always brought the community together

The blight is the opposite of players versus each other. Killers, survivors, they were all a team in gaining points for the event. That goes for everything where the killer and survivor can earn points together.

So were all the other events, why mention just the blight? Each other event the players could team up and help each other.
  • AlwaysInAGoodShape

@Dreamnomad said:
    I liked everything about the event except for the bonus bloodpoints. Those were far too low.

Sadly so. Some of the Devs might have a shyness for simply changing numbers.
    Things were conservative on the rewarding side.
    Still curious if the claim made during the Dev stream saying "we expect only few people to reach all the points" is actually true.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape

@twistedmonkey

So were all the other events, why mention just the blight? Each other event the players could team up and help each other.

Because that's the problem with all those events, with the Blight event being the pinnacle of that.
    The competitive rewarding about this event is why such a thing didn't happen.

• twistedmonkey
    edited February 2019

Because that's the problem with all those events, with the Blight event being the pinnacle of that.

That's not a problem in my eyes, it's where we differ, you didn't have to help the other side with a reward unless you wanted too it was a choice.

This event you also had a choice to get the reward or risk it by trying to help others.

I simply disagreed with what you think was better as I prefer an event which brings the community together for common goals rather than give it the oppertunity to be more toxic towards others.
  • AlwaysInAGoodShape
    edited February 2019

@twistedmonkey

That's not a problem in my eyes, it's where we differ, you didn't have to help the other side with a reward unless you wanted too it was a choice.

In games where there's farming, players who want to play the game-mode seriously suffer from the fact that others no longer play the actual game.
    Somewhat similar to fortnite, where during events people will actually become mad at you when you try to play towards your win-condition.

In the events like the blight event, I wasn't generally able to find interesting or highlightable games as most times it lead to game-throwing. In the BBQ event we too saw survivors helping killers with Blue hooks.

In other words, previous events delegitimised playing the actual game.

What is so beautiful about this event is that it highlighted something that was lost due to the blood-point and emblem system: and that is the value of ones own life. 2/1 general emblem points leading to pips, possibly irrelevant to your score or a general 5000 BP is significantly less impressive than missing out over 50% of the possible points you could score during a rare event (skins can still be bought) ofc.

This is why this is the only event that had such interesting gameplay resulting from it.
    You got to admit that: (first video 10:12-11:02) is significantly more meaningful that a usual escape.
    The third game in the OP would've most likely never happened as nobody really valued their life in DBD due to this BP and Emblem perversion of it's value.

• twistedmonkey
    edited February 2019

In games where there's farming, players who want to play the game-mode seriously suffer from the fact that others no longer play the actual game.
    Somewhat similar to fortnite, where during events people will actually become mad at you when you try to play towards your win-condition.

In the events like the blight event, I wasn't generally able to find interesting or highlightable games as most times it lead to game-throwing. In the BBQ event we too saw survivors helping killers with Blue hooks.

In other words, previous events delegitimised playing the actual game.

What is so beautiful about this event is that it highlighted something that was lost due to the blood-point and emblem system: and that is the value of ones own life. 2/1 general emblem points leading to pips, possibly irrelevant to your score or a general 5000 BP is significantly less impressive than missing out over 50% of the possible points you could score during a rare event (skins can still be bought) ofc.

This is why this is the only event that had such interesting gameplay resulting from it.
    You got to admit that: (first video 10:12-11:02) is significantly more meaningful that a usual escape.
    The third game in the OP would've most likely never happened as nobody really valued their life in DBD due to this BP and Emblem perversion of it's value.

The fact is yes the last events had farmers but not all games only if they chose too, it why I didn't like the blight as much an preferred the previous ones, the blight had issues.

This one had sandbaggers but not all games only of they chose too, it was more toxic than the others and people didnt play like the normal game as they played for the lantern and left more people to die sometimes on their first hook.

The last events prior to the blight were less toxic imo which is the huge plus for me.

I don't have to admit anything due to the videos you posted as that is not my personal experience, yours may differ and so be it.

It doesn't matter how you try to get your personal point of view over it won't change my personal opinion on what I found the most fun and most rewarding, there is no point asking for opinions and then when they state it try and push your opinion on them.

We disagree that's all, I said my point you said yours, no one is wrong and no one is right it's personal taste nothing more.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape

@twistedmonkey

there is no point asking for opinions and then when they state it try and push your opinion on them.

I showed what the problematic aspects of a non-competitive system are. I wouldn't call that pushing. I'd call that convincing. Pushing would be denying your experience.

• twistedmonkey
    edited February 2019

@twistedmonkey

there is no point asking for opinions and then when they state it try and push your opinion on them.

I showed what the problematic aspects of a non-competitive system are. I wouldn't call that pushing. I'd call that convincing. Pushing would be denying your experience.

Then why ask people's opinion and when they give it try and change thier mind? Why not simply say ok and move on?

You can show whatever you like but that's just your own personal experience, it is not the same for everyone, your personal experience means very little to a person that didn't enjoy it as much as the others they have been part of so why even try and convince someone otherwise?

With all respect to keep posting and trying to convince someone with your  opinion that this event is better by using your personal experience is in turn then denying my experience.

A personal experience is just that personal, a personal opinion on what one preferred is again personal, it needs no convicing it is what it is.
    Post edited by twistedmonkey on
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited February 2019

I specifically avoided this event for 3 reasons.

1. Kingdom Hearts III came out recently.
    2. I don't want to have envelopes stuck in my Offerings inventory for months.
    3. The cosmetics are none that i want.
  • Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

I finished the event, but I did not enjoy it that much. Several points:

1. At first the offerings were too low. Playing almost only one Survivor, so I need to grind a full P3-50 Bloodweb, just to get one Envelope. Not really cool. They changed it tho.

2. I dont like to compete with other Survivors. I mean, if I throw in an Envelope, I hope to get a Lantern. But I hesistate to get a Lantern, when I did not throw in an Envelope.

3. I do not like to compete with the Killers for the Event Objectives. For the Halloween-Event each offering spawned one Event Hook and one Slime Pile. So every SIde had its own Objective. Which lead to some quite nice moments, where a Killer let me get some Nectar before downing me. Or me not wiggling so that he can get me to an Event Hook.
      Of course this is not the Main Objective of the Game, the Killer should down me as fast as possible and the Survivor should try to escape the Killers Grasp. But stlill.

4. Bloodpoints were way lower.

5. After I had my 9 coins, the event was basically finished for me. I still throw in Envelopes, but I do not take a Lantern (normally), because it will only give me Bloodpoints and other Survivors or the Killer might still need points for the Coins. For the Hallowed Blight-Event, I was able to throw in offerings and get BPs, even when others harvest. But for this event I need to get a Lantern and need to keep it, which means that others might not have been able to get a good progress in their coins.

Overall I did not change my Playstyle. Basically I just grabbed a Lamp as soon as possible and this was the only change. If I escape with a Lamp - great. If not, also good. If I die while trying to get a Survivor off the Hook, even when I carry a lamp - also ok.

The event overall was ok, but I did not enjoy it as much as other events. Also it was more "stressful", if I can say that.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape

@twistedmonkey

Well, I didn't start changing your mind.
    You said:

To which I responded:

Gamethrowing means not playing the game towards your win-condition. (Since theoretically in DBD you aren't even enemies, this can be argued about, but since the Devs declare siding with killers a bannable offence we view it as gamethrowing, which is how most people precieve it.)

So your comment of bringing people together and not vs'ing each other means game-throwing, witht he blight event being the pinnacle of that philosophy.

You could've simply said: yes, I prefer game-throwing. The killers walking past someone milking the flower brings people together as they don't play their original win-goal, but instead join forces in optimising event points.

See, I didn't argue with you. I confirmed your point, but the first thing you did was distancing yourself from the Blight Event, hinting that to be a suspicious example on my part.
    That's where you started to argue against yourself.

See, to the degree that people were united by the event, you disliked it:

The fact is yes the last events had farmers but not all games only if they chose too, it why I didn't like the blight as much an preferred the previous ones

Your argument was that the Blight Event was worse because people were more likely to play united, and you celebrated the other events to the degree that they didn't.

I tried to point out that the competitive nature of this event is why it's so good, and since you distanced yourself from the Blight Event (pinnacle of people uniting) where that was completely lacking, that made me interested.
    Many of the things I say aren't even arguments really, but just things to consider;

Me:

"You got to admit that: (first video 10:12-11:02) is significantly more meaningful that a usual escape."

To admit that something more scarce and harder to attain is more meaningful is very general. Not really that opinionated.

Me: Because that's the problem with all those events, with the Blight event being the pinnacle of that.

You: That's not a problem in my eyes

But yet you distance yourself from the pinnacle of that; the least competitive rewarding system, bringing people so close together that a killer all too often didn't even attack them if they milked a flower.

I'm trying to make you see why you distanced yourself from the Blight Event. Because that statement wasn't an argument, but rather a confirmation about that it is exactly that you'd like about an event.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape

@Boss said:
    Kingdom Hearts III came out recently.
    I don't want to have envelopes stuck in my Offerings inventory for months.
    The cosmetics are none that i want.

The first reason is very tempting.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Boss said:
    Kingdom Hearts III came out recently.
    I don't want to have envelopes stuck in my Offerings inventory for months.
    The cosmetics are none that i want.

The first reason is very tempting.

The amount of post-story things to do is quite low compared to most if not all previous titles, making it feel like you hit a dead end after completing the story.
    But as a casual fan who knows more than enough about the games and overall story, it was a lot of fun regardless.

• twistedmonkey
    edited February 2019

@twistedmonkey

Well, I didn't start changing your mind.
    You said:

To which I responded:

Gamethrowing means not playing the game towards your win-condition. (Since theoretically in DBD you aren't even enemies, this can be argued about, but since the Devs declare siding with killers a bannable offence we view it as gamethrowing, which is how most people precieve it.)

So your comment of bringing people together and not vs'ing each other means game-throwing, witht he blight event being the pinnacle of that philosophy.

You could've simply said: yes, I prefer game-throwing. The killers walking past someone milking the flower brings people together as they don't play their original win-goal, but instead join forces in optimising event points.

See, I didn't argue with you. I confirmed your point, but the first thing you did was distancing yourself from the Blight Event, hinting that to be a suspicious example on my part.
    That's where you started to argue against yourself.

See, to the degree that people were united by the event, you disliked it:

The fact is yes the last events had farmers but not all games only if they chose too, it why I didn't like the blight as much an preferred the previous ones

Your argument was that the Blight Event was worse because people were more likely to play united, and you celebrated the other events to the degree that they didn't.

I tried to point out that the competitive nature of this event is why it's so good, and since you distanced yourself from the Blight Event (pinnacle of people uniting) where that was completely lacking, that made me interested.
    Many of the things I say aren't even arguments really, but just things to consider;

Me:

"You got to admit that: (first video 10:12-11:02) is significantly more meaningful that a usual escape."

To admit that something more scarce and harder to attain is more meaningful is very general. Not really that opinionated.

Me: Because that's the problem with all those events, with the Blight event being the pinnacle of that.

You: That's not a problem in my eyes

But yet you distance yourself from the pinnacle of that; the least competitive rewarding system, bringing people so close together that a killer all too often didn't even attack them if they milked a flower.

I'm trying to make you see why you distanced yourself from the Blight Event. Because that statement wasn't an argument, but rather a confirmation about that it is exactly that you'd like about an event.

Can't you see you are still trying to push your point of view but this time also telling me how I should have better said something?

I actually never mentioned the blight until you did, in fact in my post before last I said I preferred the ones prior to the blight.

You are wrong imo as I preferred the past events, I am wrong in your opinion as you prefer this one.

Now stop trying to push your view onto me or do you constantly feel the need to with people who disagree with you.
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited February 2019
    Survivors not soing gens, trying to get each other killed, and not unhooking.

It has been awful.

As killer I noticed a few more people give up on hook when they realized nobody was coming to save them but beyond thst not too much difference.
  • AlwaysInAGoodShape

@twistedmonkey

I'm not trying to push anything on you. I'm trying to make you state the underlying principles based on which you like an event. I'm not trying to change what you like, but what I do try is to make you see that it's not:

The event where people no longer vs'ed each other you disliked the most. If that is what you liked, then there is nothing wrong with that, but that isn't what you like, yet you claim that the principle of you not liking an even is it's competitive nature.
    The event that you distance yourself one is the one opposite to that.

You simply didn't formulate what you actually believe.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape

@The_Crusader said:
    Survivors not soing gens, trying to get each other killed, and not unhooking.

It has been awful.

As killer I noticed a few more people give up on hook when they realized nobody was coming to save them but beyond thst not too much difference.

Funny thing to think about: If they'd make it so that the vessel was only returned upon unhooking for survivors, then survivors would HAVE TO go for the rescue. Then the killer would only get the vessel automatically when a survivor with a vessel died, meaning that they cannot tunnel and get vessels.

Can you imagine? xD

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

My only gripe with this event is the scaling points needed for each additional coin. I wouldn't mind if the base amount was higher but they took out the scaling (except for maybe the first coin). I also think they should do something about the offerings because I really REALLY do not want to spend the BP on these stupid tickets all the time. The blood web basically forces you to buy it. I get they want people to get them easy but it's the first node. I want to have easy access to them IF I WANT THEM but as it stands I'm gonna like like 50 of these things after the event ends.

• Unnamed_Freak
    Unnamed_Freak Member Posts: 570

It was completely boring, as a killer, if I came by a vessel I would just break it and move on, there was nothing exciting about killer gameplay, you would just hook and, well, walk around and break vessels on a lazy animation.

As a survivor, it was completely stressful, my teammates often left me to death to steal my vessel.

Let's not talk about the toxicity. And bloodpoints gains were trash. Overall the event was meh, at least in my opinion.

• twistedmonkey
    edited February 2019

@twistedmonkey

I'm not trying to push anything on you. I'm trying to make you state the underlying principles based on which you like an event. I'm not trying to change what you like, but what I do try is to make you see that it's not:

The event where people no longer vs'ed each other you disliked the most. If that is what you liked, then there is nothing wrong with that, but that isn't what you like, yet you claim that the principle of you not liking an even is it's competitive nature.
    The event that you distance yourself one is the one opposite to that.

You simply didn't formulate what you actually believe.

Is there something wrong with you? I am just asking as you cant seem to understand that someone simply does not agree with how you view this event.

Where did I say I disliked the blight the most? I said I disliked this one the most, you know where they pit everyone versus one another, I stated that I didn't enjoy the blight as much as the priors ones I never mentioned it in context with this event, yes the blight had major issues and people left games once they had a full vial, that is what I disliked about it but the fact you weren't dependent on what others did to gain from it is also what I enjoyed along with once you got what you need you could chose to help the other side.

What's not to understand in my post? You seem way too hung up on analysing everything you seem to disregard how someone feels, not everything comes down to a written anthology on how something could be done, a personal opinion can and most likely will come down to what someone enjoys and feels good about when playing.

You can stop now as it's becoming tiresome for you to constantly try and convince me, I enjoyed the ones prior to the blight over the blight, I preferred the blight over this one, that's it end of story, nothing you can say or do will change how I personally enjoyed something, if you don't like it then don't ask for people opinion.
  • AlwaysInAGoodShape

@thesuicidefox

I really REALLY do not want to spend the BP on these stupid tickets all the time. The blood web basically forces you to buy it. I get they want people to get them easy but it's the first node. I want to have easy access to them IF I WANT THEM but as it stands I'm gonna like like 50 of these things after the event ends.

True. They could've maybe made it simple and give you a BP return on every extra event offerings you have left.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape

@twistedmonkey

You keep inflating 2 things.

You feel miserable because of a pain in your stomach. You say that it must be the disease: cancer. I try to tell you that it isn't cancer. And you tell me that I should stop trying to convince you that you don't feel a pain in your stomach.

• twistedmonkey

@twistedmonkey

You keep inflating 2 things.

You feel miserable because of a pain in your stomach. You say that it must be the disease: cancer. I try to tell you that it isn't cancer. And you tell me that I should stop trying to convince you that you don't feel a pain in your stomach.

You are either seriously screwed up or trolling, I hope it's the latter I really do.
  • AlwaysInAGoodShape

@twistedmonkey

You are either seriously screwed up or trolling, I hope it's the latter I really do.

You said you didn't like the competitiveness of this event, but the 2nd most disliked event is the opposite of that.
    Maybe you've mis-diagnosed what you dislike and only know that you dislike "it".

Not sure what that has to do with your soft insult.

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797
    It wasnt exciting. 

There's a difference between wanting to play a game for limited time content that'll be available for free VS
    Forcing yourself to play a game because the event is hardly any different than the  previous one before it . 

You have to be joking lol even the Dev's had to adjust one sides coin unlock rate because hardly anyone was playing that side 
  • AlwaysInAGoodShape

@ItsYourBoyGuzma said:
    It wasnt exciting. 

There's a difference between wanting to play a game for limited time content that'll be available for free VS
    Forcing yourself to play a game because the event is hardly any different than the  previous one before it . 

You have to be joking lol even the Dev's had to adjust one sides coin unlock rate because hardly anyone was playing that side 

Yes, that was the rewarding aspect. But I'm strictly talking about the gameplay elements in this post. Not bugs, rewarding amounts, store, cosmetics, etc.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@AlwaysInAGoodShape i think @twistedmonkey has expressed that he didn't enjoy the event as you did. Some of us miss the bloodpoints, or had long wait times, or crappy teammates, or people not burning offerings, or disconnects or didn't get progress on multiple occasions. Maybe they experienced all of those things. You remind me of a Jehovah witness at my door.

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

It was just below decent, quite bad , not enough cosmetics but i dont rank it lower because daddy Ace got a chinese cosmetic that look noice

• AlwaysInAGoodShape

@fcc2014 said:
    @AlwaysInAGoodShape i think @twistedmonkey has expressed that he didn't enjoy the event as you did. Some of us miss the bloodpoints, or had long wait times, or crappy teammates, or people not burning offerings, or disconnects or didn't get progress on multiple occasions. Maybe they experienced all of those things. You remind me of a Jehovah witness at my door.

All the Bold parts of the quote are not really relevant and aren't part of creating compelling gameplay/denouncing it;

Twistedmonkey doesn't like this event, but he doesn't understand why he doesn't like it, and as evident from his claims, it's something else than stated.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape

@Theluckyboi said:
    It was just below decent, quite bad , not enough cosmetics but i dont rank it lower because daddy Ace got a chinese cosmetic that look noice

Try his new hair with a black suit;

Godfather Ace

• thesuicidefox

@thesuicidefox

I really REALLY do not want to spend the BP on these stupid tickets all the time. The blood web basically forces you to buy it. I get they want people to get them easy but it's the first node. I want to have easy access to them IF I WANT THEM but as it stands I'm gonna like like 50 of these things after the event ends.

True. They could've maybe made it simple and give you a BP return on every extra event offerings you have left.

I'd rather they just make it so I don't have to take the thing. The Entity waits until it is the last item to take it, and only takes it if it's in the path it's already going. If I wanted to take it I would have LONG before the Entity got there.

• twistedmonkey

@fcc2014 said:

All the Bold parts of the quote are not really relevant and aren't part of creating compelling gameplay/denouncing it;

Twistedmonkey doesn't like this event, but he doesn't understand why he doesn't like it, and as evident from his claims, it's something else than stated.

It comes down to you can't comprehend that someone dislikes something that you like and feel strongly about.

If you can't seem to handle that concept maybe you should talk to someone, just a thought.
  • AlwaysInAGoodShape

@twistedmonkey

It comes down to you can't comprehend that someone dislikes something that you like and feel strongly about.

Your collection of soft insults and attempts at painting me as impotent aren't going to change the fact that you still inflate disease diagnosis with acknowledging your stomach pain.

I acknowledge your stomach pain, but it's still not cancer causing it, no matter how long you maintain the idea that I deny your stomach pain for not repeating that the cause is cancer.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I liked the idea of the Lanterns, but they couldn have been implemented better, it really sucks that you have no idea where they are and you don't have long to search for them, no time at all if the Survivor dies.

This whole event I played more Survivor than I do Killer because it was more rewarding and fun, no DCs when I'm Survivor, actually get points for Coins, etc.

I am really excited for it to be over, I also hope that the ''new objectives'' they spoke about in past streams is not only for these Events, I would love for something new and refreshing like these Objectives to be in the normal game.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape

I liked the idea of the Lanterns, but they couldn have been implemented better, it really sucks that you have no idea where they are and you don't have long to search for them, no time at all if the Survivor dies.

This whole event I played more Survivor than I do Killer because it was more rewarding and fun, no DCs when I'm Survivor, actually get points for Coins, etc.

I am really excited for it to be over, I also hope that the ''new objectives'' they spoke about in past streams is not only for these Events, I would love for something new and refreshing like these Objectives to be in the normal game.

Where as the Blight event was time taxing on the survivor's side, this one was time taxing on the killer's side.

I joked about it earlier, bit ot could've been possible to have survivors only lose vessels upon being unhooked and have the killer only gain them after killing someone with a vessel, meaning both survivor have to save and the killers cannot tunnel and get vessels.

Not only that but it would've also eliminated the searching and cost on the killer's side now you mention it (:
    The fact that survivors didn't know where the lamps where was pretty cool imo.
  • thesuicidefox

@Unnamed_Freak said:
    It was completely boring, as a killer, if I came by a vessel I would just break it and move on, there was nothing exciting about killer gameplay, you would just hook and, well, walk around and break vessels on a lazy animation.

As a survivor, it was completely stressful, my teammates often left me to death to steal my vessel.

Let's not talk about the toxicity. And bloodpoints gains were trash. Overall the event was meh, at least in my opinion.

See you stress to much over the vessels. As survivor I would take them and then just play normally. Doing gens was a much more reliable way to get points. As killer I didn't even care to go after the vessels, I would just do them if I came across them. As long as you didn't reuse a hook or hook in basement you got points pretty quick.

I have not encountered anyone that would leave you to die to take your vessel. Either you played with super toxic survivors or you maybe misinterpret their actions. I'm more inclined to think the latter.