The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Daylight In "Dead By Daylight"

I guarantee that somebody has suggested this before but here I am suggesting it again.

I think that adding a "Time Till Daylight" timer would improve this game majorly, once the timer reaches zero the entity will force the killers to retreat and loose the game to the survivors. This would heavily improve stealth in this game as people would sometimes just try to survive till daylight and also add different ways to win for survivors and maybe you get more points if you manage to survive till that time as it would probably be very tough to last that long. This would also encourage the killer to not camp as they can't be wasting time, because daylight is coming and if the survivors last that long the killers looses some amount of points that he would have gotten.

I don't know how long this timer will be, the devs or all of us can suggest something and maybe test this out in the dead by daylight test branch.

If you have any other suggestions to this/or think I missed something would be good for this game let me know.

Comments

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

I always hated games that are time based.

Yes, it would encourage survivors to go into full stealth mode but it is not desirable, at least by killer mains. Killers whine about looping but immersed survivors are 10 times worse than loopers and gen rushers.

I don't think something like this will ever happen.

• NathanExplosion
    NathanExplosion Member Posts: 337

Would be a cool feature against some AI killers.

Obviously not when you face also real persons, as much paying customers than you, whether the side he play.

Someone can't get shits throwed at him forever without him reacting at some points.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

That would majorly increase stealth play in DbD. It would also encourage survivors to not repair gens and focus on hiding.

Here is the problem: That is super boring for killers and a lot of survivors. There are other video games that focus on stealth/hide & seek and they are nowhere as successful as DbD.

• Suppositious
    Suppositious Member Posts: 11

@NoShinyPony said:
    That would majorly increase stealth play in DbD. It would also encourage survivors to not repair gens and focus on hiding.

Here is the problem: That is super boring for killers and a lot of survivors. There are other video games that focus on stealth/hide & seek and they are nowhere as successful as DbD.

Yeah I bet there's someway that this could be a fair feature added to the game but I don't know how to balance something like this.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Suppositious said:

@NoShinyPony said:

Yeah I bet there's someway that this could be a fair feature added to the game but I don't know how to balance something like this.

No. It can't work as long as the condition is "when the timer reaches zero, the survivors win". That condition is what encourages survivors to not do anything and just hide somewhere on the map.

• Suppositious
    Suppositious Member Posts: 11

@NoShinyPony said:

@Suppositious said:

@NoShinyPony said:

No. It can't work as long as the condition is "when the timer reaches zero, the survivors win". That condition is what encourages survivors to not do anything and just hide somewhere on the map.

Maybe it's the opposite and in favor of the killer, so when the countdown reaches zero nobody instantly wins but instead the hatch can not be used and the gens are slowed by half and maybe there's some lore to it to, Maybe the entity grows in strength weakening the effectiveness of the survivors. I think this would cut down on stealth as they would want to get the gens down while it's quickest. The stealth would also be cut down a lot since the more the timer ticks down the more light it is and the survivors can not hide as well, increasing the pressure of the match.

• makayla
    makayla Member Posts: 287

I thought it would be cool to make it so you can see a tad bit of sunlight when the exit gates get powered to give the illusion that time has passed.