The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

In YOUR opinion, what would make a fun, alternate objective/minigame?

Watery
Watery Member Posts: 1,167
I’m genuinely curious of what the community has to offer.
I was kinda thinking of like a lockpicking minigame on chests, or something- and maybe as killer, you can reinforce the lock.
Let’s hear some ideas! :)

Best Answer

Answers

• IceD34ler
    IceD34ler Member Posts: 15

Maybe survivors have to find some fuel canisters that are randomly placed on the map. They have to check how much fuel a generator has left and can repair but not start a gen if it's not fully re-fueled.

Another thing I noticed is that apart from healing and repairing gens together there should be much more Coop action in the game. What about pushing or lifting another player from below, to help someone climb up on to something to reach certain areas faster before the killer does. Or maybe the famous pushing of big furnitures together to block an entrance to a building, stuff like that.

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587

I'm totally behind the idea of pushing stuff in front of doorways that the killer has to either m1 to break or hold space and it's a decently long animation. I've always wanted some kinda reinforcement idea to go into the game. However some survivors are sternly stuck on just trying to rush the gens and get out so who knows that if it's even implemented if they will do it. As for Killer I'd like it if they could make a gen un-repairable for a certain amount of time. They have a lot of things they have to do and some can't take map pressure at all. Eliminating a far away gen for a certain time would certainly help them with pressure. Of course this would have a decently long cooldown as well.

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

What of a mechanic where survivor would need to wire generators either before or after they've been completed. The wires must be brought from the gen to a gate, not necesarrily the nearest gate either. each gate will need three wires, survivors wont be able to run while holding a wire, and if they try to sprint then the wire will drop and slowely return to the genertor, imagine like another regression system. finally it can be another form of points, giving objective points for hooking it up to the gate, and survival points the shorter the wire distance, and wether or not you hook it up first time.

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

Pin the donkey tail on the killer.

You have to creep up behind him and stick it on without getting caught.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

@Rex_Huin said:
    Pin the donkey tail on the killer.

You have to creep up behind him and stick it on without getting caught.

When you put it on the killer you are exposed but get some kind of sprint burst for a while so you can get away. The killer chases after you like "COME HERE YOU BASTARD!!!". Maybe this could be a gamemode where survivors fight against each other for points. I actually kinda want it now, it's silly but sounds fun

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    edited February 2019
    Smaller indoor map designed for hide and seek. And killer who can kill you instantly. The goal would be to find a way out not by doing gens but random puzzles. 

I know it's totaly new game and not a mini game but whatever.
  • leafreak
    leafreak Member Posts: 6
    2 killers 8 survivors 10gens mode maybe 

feel boring to do same things over and over
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Removing RBT is minigame enough for me :)
    But yeah, some side objectives would be neat. Something that rewards a bit of extra BP or maybe even Iridescents and helps prevent genrush. Totems are fine and good, but not enough.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Instead of a skill check give hex totems a puzzle to complete within the time it take to cleanse a dull one.
  • yes
    yes Member Posts: 361

Maybe the survivors could repair or try to hotwire a minivan. Make it completely different than what Friday the 13th has to offer. Instead of exit gates, you could have a different exit, or maybe when the minivan is powered, the exit gates automatically open and the van can always be stopped by the killer.

• Do you know how in the game map and the swamp certain doors open after completing a generator? i would love if every map had something like that. Currently those doors are for easier access only but imagine if certain areas would be completely blocked unless you complete the associated gen, or like open a minigate.
    At the start of the game you have every pallet available, so you can loop the killer really well in the early game but not so well in the late game because they run out, but what if you had less pallets at the beginning and as you unlocked the areas you would gain access to new loops/structures. and you could have maybe two areas unlocked by a mini gate but when you open one, the other would be blocked so you would have to choose.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Watery said:
    I’m genuinely curious of what the community has to offer.
    I was kinda thinking of like a lockpicking minigame on chests, or something- and maybe as killer, you can reinforce the lock.
    Let’s hear some ideas! :)

Just a real simple idea.

How about multiple keys for skillchecks?
    They could activate at rank 5+ e.g. to keep noobs safe^^

• Fiachra02
    Fiachra02 Member Posts: 9

A last man standing mode would be cool. Have 8 survivors and whoever survives longest wins and the killer has the ability to mori the survivors whenever

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

@Giddawid said:
    I enjoyed reading this thread :)

Is @Giddawid a lovely girl? I bet yes

I would add a mini game of crafting a broken shotgun:

• only respawning in the chests, 2 pieces to be carried by 2 survs, cant carry after match
    • Once they are together takes several difficult skill-checks and a random surv equips the broken shotgun
    • surv can shoot the killer stunning him for 6 seconds (only 1 shotgun shell)
    • and between 2 survs hang killer in a hook
    • then everybody gets a star badge over the head and the match ends

support?

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850
    edited February 2019

About the only idea in this thread so far that seems decent is the one where 2 survivors could push a heavy object to block an entrance. I like that idea for a couple of reasons.

1. It can backfire on the survivors. You might block the killer from coming in a certain way, but you are also blocking a potential exit too.
    2. It makes logical sense. This is something you see in various scary movies.
    3. It is feasible with only moderate effort.

As for my idea, what I would like to see is a couple of crafting tables on each map. The survivors can find various components to build things. I would tie decisive strike into this system and require the player to actually build the shiv to use to free themselves. They could also build various traps for the killer. Nothing too extreme. An example might be finding a handful of tin cans and a string which the survivor could use to build a "noise trap". If the killer walked through it, it would make a loud noise and show the killers aura to all survivors for 5 seconds.