The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The event had no purpose it seems

None of the cosmetics look that great, and aren’t even exclusive. 
The Killers are so incapable of breaking lanterns, and require so many offerings to even have a chance, a fraction of bps awarded from previous events, and not enough fun

Comments

• junkevil
    junkevil Member Posts: 25

You have to hook someone before you can break a lantern. It's not hard to do.

• GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
    junkevil said:

I am very aware of how to break lanterns my man, my issue with them is that you don have time to get to the lanterns when they are on the hook, or you see a survivor, and go for them instead 
  • GT_Legend2
    edited February 2019
    junkevil said:

Like did you seriously think I didn’t know how to get them? After all this time?
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@GT_Legend2 said:
    junkevil said:

I am very aware of how to break lanterns my man, my issue with them is that you don have time to get to the lanterns when they are on the hook, or you see a survivor, and go for them instead 

Most of my games killers seem to breaking lanterns just fine except for when it's the last person and the lanterns aren't close.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

No, it had a purpose: making as much money as possible. Why else were the lanterns so hard to find and later coins took so many points to get? BHVR wanted you to dump as much money as possible into this event. Grinding was secondary.

• GT_Legend2
    powerbats said:

@GT_Legend2 said:
    junkevil said:

Most of my games killers seem to breaking lanterns just fine except for when it's the last person and the lanterns aren't close.

90% of my games now, I am the only one to use an offering now, so I’m looking for far fewer
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    edited February 2019
    Its a chance to get stuff for free. Don't like the cosmetics then you don't have to grind for them. I got what I wanted now I can sit back and play casually. Just wish I could spend my bp without collecting more envelopes, maxed out cause of this.
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited February 2019
    Spencer said:

@SnakeSound222 said:
    No, it had a purpose: making as much money as possible. Why else were the lanterns so hard to find and later coins took so many points to get? BHVR wanted you to dump as much money as possible into this event. Grinding was secondary.

I found a lantern nearly every game...and completed both survs. outfits... without spending any money. They have a store where you can spend money.

I’m not saying it’s impossible. I’m just saying that finding them was way harder than it should have been, especially when you think of how slow Killer progression was, how long Survivor queues are, and the fact that it’s a limited time event. Sorry for trying to have a life and not constantly play DbD.
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@GT_Legend2 said:
    The Killers are so incapable of breaking lanterns, and require so many offerings to even have a chance, a fraction of bps awarded from previous events, and not enough fun

None? NONE?
    Did you miss Feng my lad?

• NurseMainBTW
    NurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531
    edited February 2019

Are you guys serious? Been playing Pig/Nurse/Hag and I've got 2 to 5 lanterns per match. I farmed 7 coins during the event and I didn't even play daily. (skipped around 6 days)

Are you sure it's a dev problem and not you failing your job as a killer? :thinking:

The only lacking thing about the event was the BP which were fewer than ever but that can be easily forgiven.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,143
    Only thing I don't understand is why don't the lanterns have an auras like color for killers and survivors when they run a map. The Feng cosmetic pretty good so is the huntress but the ace not so much. How far are you from the lanterns after you hook someone??? Like I had no trouble with breaking lanterns after hooking
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    The purpose was to have a fun event?

I didn't really like it because survivors didn't help rach other, but having 3 cosmetics to unlock was pretty good.
  • GT_Legend2
    Milo said:

@GT_Legend2 said:

None? NONE?

If Jake had that make up then maybe I would say 1 😤😤
  • Rekin
    Rekin Member Posts: 9
    We got a Huntress ziggy piggy hat. But I would of rather they gave us a Rudolph head for the December event.
  • NoneNani
    NoneNani Member Posts: 11
    For me, the best thing in this event is the song in main menu. In the beginning, i really want unlock the 3 outfit, but the sistem for acquire is terrible, so i go happy only with 6 coins and no more, really. The worst even i've played since the last summer. 
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@GT_Legend2 said:
    Milo said:

@GT_Legend2 said:

None? NONE?

Oh so it's "i only play that character so i don't care what anyone else gets"
    This post has no purpose then

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@GT_Legend2 said:

You lied, put the feng head from the event with the gg shirt and black pants and come back

• GT_Legend2
    Milo said:

@GT_Legend2 said:
    Milo said:

@GT_Legend2 said:

None? NONE?

Oh so it's "i only play that character so i don't care what anyone else gets"
    This post has no purpose then

It was a joketh
  • GT_Legend2

@GT_Legend2 said:

You lied, put the feng head from the event with the gg shirt and black pants and come back

I don’t have those cosmetics though QQ
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@GT_Legend2 said:
    ToxicFengM1n said:

@GT_Legend2 said:

I don’t have those cosmetics though QQ

Then why did you post this if you did not run different cosmetic combos?
    Huntress looks nice when mixing her cosmetics with others
    Ace just looks good in general
    Fengs head can be mixed with anything