The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I think it would be fair if survivors see the name of the host

First of all I am not saying survivors should see who the killer is just asking to see the name of the player. Killers can see all 4 survivors name and look into their profile and sometimes decide not to play with them. If that continues I had to ask why survivors can’t see the name of the host. Of course the name can be changed yet it could give you information that you need sometimes. 

For example today I had 3 matches with the same lag switching player. If I had known the name at the beginning I wouldn’t end up with same frustration of filling additional player reports over and over again.

Now I am reluctant to join a lobby cause I just don’t want to fly around the map and find myself on the hook again. 

Comments

• Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922
    That would just result in even more dodged lobbies. Don't like the killers main? Dodge. Don't like losing to a certain player? Dodge.
    The only reason killers can see names is that there in a role of power. Even then you shouldn't really see names till the games start tbh
  • antgnstea
    antgnstea Member Posts: 869
    That would just result in even more dodged lobbies. Don't like the killers main? Dodge. Don't like losing to a certain player? Dodge.
    The only reason killers can see names is that there in a role of power. Even then you shouldn't really see names till the games start tbh
    I think I can be okay with that too. If survivors can’t see the name or click into the profile neither should killers. Because I can say the same thing about killers like “if you know that survivor main who is mastered the loops you dodge. Don’t like that survivor dodge. You find them toxic dodge.” Aren’t these two situations similar?
  • darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Well the one case I can think of against it is if a killer is known for using just one killer. Then that might be a liability. I think it would be best just to be blind to player names on both sides.

• antgnstea
    darktrix said:

So yeah some killers wouldn't like getting dodged though that is exactly what they do now when they see a known good survivor.

Exactly my point. 

The way I see it if they want to reduce dodging they should also hide survivor names. Or if they want to keep your choice they should also give one to survivors. 
  • Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    Like some here, I think names shouldn't be seen until the end. Less dodging.
  • Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@Peanits said:
    I don't think either side should be able to see names. All that does is allow people to target specific people or dodge to get easier matches. I feel like showing survivors the killer's name would just cause survivors to dodge the killers that previously beat them as well.

But to play devil's advocate, what's stopping me from from just changing my name after each match so people don't recognize me? What benefit does it provide other than allowing people to dodge challenging matches and draw up queue times for everyone?

I recognize the pre dedicated server propaganda when I see it. I can't wait for this to come and to laugh at the outcome when it does. You are not going to have a killer community stuck with only SWF games. Whoever has sold you on this idea has did you a great disservice.

The recent event showed you just how easy it is for a point discrepancy to shift the scales. Now when you have your majority mediocre killer players (most are not Marth, Tru, Tyde, or Monto) thrown to the wolves of dedicated swf groups how do you deduce it's going to go over well?

Having heard Mclean acknowledge it's broken and blow it off and Mathieu tell his player base and revenue stream to play another game I can't say that it is surprising. But it is none the less akin to watching the awkward unathletic person detail to the crowd how they are going to pull of this insane stunt that requires the pinnacle of athletic finesse. The crowd can only stare humorously as they already know how it is going to turn out.

You had me until you put Tyde in that list. Dude does not belong there. He is not a great killer or survivor. Honestly, he gets owned because he makes so many mistakes, then cries about overpowered survivors.

Sorry...that guy annoys me to no end.

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited February 2019

@Warlock_2020 said:

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@Peanits said:
    I don't think either side should be able to see names. All that does is allow people to target specific people or dodge to get easier matches. I feel like showing survivors the killer's name would just cause survivors to dodge the killers that previously beat them as well.

But to play devil's advocate, what's stopping me from from just changing my name after each match so people don't recognize me? What benefit does it provide other than allowing people to dodge challenging matches and draw up queue times for everyone?

I recognize the pre dedicated server propaganda when I see it. I can't wait for this to come and to laugh at the outcome when it does. You are not going to have a killer community stuck with only SWF games. Whoever has sold you on this idea has did you a great disservice.

The recent event showed you just how easy it is for a point discrepancy to shift the scales. Now when you have your majority mediocre killer players (most are not Marth, Tru, Tyde, or Monto) thrown to the wolves of dedicated swf groups how do you deduce it's going to go over well?

Having heard Mclean acknowledge it's broken and blow it off and Mathieu tell his player base and revenue stream to play another game I can't say that it is surprising. But it is none the less akin to watching the awkward unathletic person detail to the crowd how they are going to pull of this insane stunt that requires the pinnacle of athletic finesse. The crowd can only stare humorously as they already know how it is going to turn out.

You had me until you put Tyde in that list. Dude does not belong there. He is not a great killer or survivor. Honestly, he gets owned because he makes so many mistakes, then cries about overpowered survivors.

Can you link your channel? I'd love to watch your videos and see what you do different. I mean if you can analyze his playstyle to such a degree and judge it poorly you must be one of the best.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    People really have a short memory. 
    MLGA was removed from the whitelist because survivors put players that played specific killers like Freddy on their blacklist. 
    MLGA shared the list. Which was supposed to track high ping, unsportsmanlike players, etc.
    Then survivors dodged killers, because they were on that list. This resulted in terribly long queues for both sides as no one could play.
    The devs had to intervene and remove MLGA from the whitelist. 
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@Tsulan said:
    MLGA was removed from the whitelist because survivors put players that played specific killers like Freddy on their blacklist. 
    MLGA shared the list. Which was supposed to track high ping, unsportsmanlike players, etc.
    Then survivors dodged killers, because they were on that list. This resulted in terribly long queues for both sides as no one could play.

Source?

Or are you continuing your method of making things up and hoping no one realises?

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited February 2019

@SenzuDuck said:
    Source?

Or are you continuing your method of making things up and hoping no one realises?

I can confirm what @Tsulan says here is true. People bragged on the Steam forums about blocking Freddy players. Still, it's the ######### Steam forums.

• Seanzu

@Mc_Harty said:

@SenzuDuck said:
    Source?

I can confirm what @Tsulan says here is true. People bragged on the Steam forums about blocking Freddy players. Still, it's the [BAD WORD] Steam forums.

I'm talking about the specific

"MLGA shared the list. Which was supposed to track high ping, unsportsmanlike players, etc.
    Then survivors dodged killers, because they were on that list. This resulted in terribly long queues for both sides as no one could play."

How this reads is that MLGA shared a master list of blacklisted users that were on "that list".

of course people blocked for things like that but the rest of the comment is BS.

• Tsulan
    SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:

Source?

Ahh I see you continue your witchhunt towards me.
    Good luck
  • Seanzu
    edited February 2019

@Tsulan said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:

Source?

Ahh I see you continue your witchhunt towards me.
    Good luck

Ahh gotcha, no source once again.

SoundsAboutRight.

There is no witchhunt, lmao. Just no one else seems to lie on the forums like you do, no need to call out people who tell the truth, is there?

• Tsulan
    Mc_Harty said:

@SenzuDuck said:
    Source?

I can confirm what @Tsulan says here is true. People bragged on the Steam forums about blocking Freddy players. Still, it's the [BAD WORD] Steam forums.

Thx.
    Yes people bragged about it on the steam forum and about the shared lists.
    MLGA had lists for all kinds of "bad" behavior.  Like disconnecting, lag switching, etc.

Maybe @peanits can shed some light on this.
    But then again, senzu will just call it fake or wrong because it wasn't quoted 100% accurately. 

So why bother. 
  • Judicar
    Judicar Member Posts: 36

It really is a matter of fairness. Killer can see survivors, so they should be able to see who the killer is. It's a bit irrelevant too as on Steam there are ways to see the name and on PS4 you can figure it out too if the privacy settings are off so I really don't see why they don't just make everything open to everyone.

• NathanExplosion
    NathanExplosion Member Posts: 337
    edited February 2019

@SenzuDuck said:

Accusing peoples for what you are exactly doing at the moment.

98% of your posts can be summarized by this :

I'm gonna add that there are more insults in them and they sound even more condescending than in the past.

But yet, here you are, never banned...

Speak a lot about how this community and this game are handled lul.

Post edited by NathanExplosion on
  • Seanzu

@NathanExplosion said:

@SenzuDuck said:

Accusing peoples for what you are exactly doing at the moment.

98% of your posts can be summarized by this :

I'm gonna add that there are more insults in them and they sound even more condescending than in the past.

But yet, here you are, never banned...

Speak a lot about how this community and this game are handled lul.

Interesting, link me one of my comments where I have flat out lied about something.

I'll wait.

• NathanExplosion

@SenzuDuck said:

Interesting, link me one of my comments where I have flat out lied about something.

I'll wait.

As i said, nearly everyone of them.

Peoples just have to go trought your post history to get an idea.

Your " Prove it >:D" attitude already tell a lot :)

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Yes, so now survivors can lobby dodge and/or harass the killer BEFORE AND AFTER

• Maj33y
    Maj33y Member Posts: 236
    antgnstea said:
    First of all I am not saying survivors should see who the killer is just asking to see the name of the player. Killers can see all 4 survivors name and look into their profile and sometimes decide not to play with them. If that continues I had to ask why survivors can’t see the name of the host. Of course the name can be changed yet it could give you information that you need sometimes. 

For example today I had 3 matches with the same lag switching player. If I had known the name at the beginning I wouldn’t end up with same frustration of filling additional player reports over and over again.

Now I am reluctant to join a lobby cause I just don’t want to fly around the map and find myself on the hook again. 
    On PS4 you can Hold down the PS Button and go to current session .. if the killer status set to online you'd be able to see them but if they are appearing as offline you won't but on PC there isn't anyway...

The other Day I kept waiting like 10-15 minutes and then ended up with the same player like 5 times .. he was trying to De-rank So I sent him a massage asking him not to make a lobby for a while and he responded to me with a voice message asking me to Get lost as he is trying to lower his killer Rank .

I Suggested something here in a previous thread .. to fix this .. There should be in-game Block list so if you never want to play with a certain player who is Toxic / De-Ranking , Lagswitching .. you can just Block them .

There needs to be in-game Block List so you won't end up with a player you never wanna play with and maybe if the game can not find any lobbies except with that player whom you previously Blocked then a message like this would show up.

"There is a player whom you previously added to your Block list are you sure you still want to join this Lobby ? "

Yes / Cancel
  • Seanzu

@NathanExplosion said:

@SenzuDuck said:

I'll wait.

As i said, nearly everyone of them.

Peoples just have to go trought your post history to get an idea.

Your " Prove it >:D" attitude already tell a lot :)

Not really - you can't link ONE single comment that's a lie, if it's SO easy to find one directly link one...

My "prove it" attitude is how things should happen if someone presents something that seems incorrect, if you can't prove something don't state it as a matter of fact.

Just like you wont prove that all of my comments are lies because you wont link to one, or it's not that you wont link to one, it's more the fact you can't link to one, because you're yet another person lying behind a keyboard.

• NathanExplosion

@SenzuDuck said:

Not really - you can't link ONE single comment that's a lie, if it's SO easy to find one directly link one...

My "prove it" attitude is how things should happen if someone presents something that seems incorrect, if you can't prove something don't state it as a matter of fact.

Just like you wont prove that all of my comments are lies because you wont link to one, or it's not that you wont link to one, it's more the fact you can't link to one, because you're yet another person lying behind a keyboard.

You're right, we need more data

• NathanExplosion

@Mc_Harty said:

@SenzuDuck said:
    Source?

And don't forget kids, both side are equally toxic and...

• Mc_Harty

@NathanExplosion said:

Oh hey @Giche . How'd you're crusade against toxicity go? And whats with the alt? :)

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Peanits said:

The first option is the best. I've asked for either before but got no responce. Either hiding names altogether or showing killer names.

Ingame harassment happens a lot from salty players and some of us can't be bothered changing our steam names everyday.
  • antgnstea
    Tsulan said:
    I’m sorry I didn’t look up previous changes about the subject. And I wasn’t playing the game when MLGA were whitelisted. I can understand it is an open idea for abuse. But I need some kind of warning against these exploiters. 
    Lobby dodging is an issue I agree but there are many reasons contributing to it. We can’t just say you dodge cause you know who it is.
    Another point of view, wouldn’t it be fair to have a choice who you gonna play with. It is for entertainment in the end. And this current state killers have this privilege and survivors don’t. 
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@antgnstea said:

I’m sorry I didn’t look up previous changes about the subject. And I wasn’t playing the game when MLGA were whitelisted. I can understand it is an open idea for abuse. But I need some kind of warning against these exploiters. 
    Lobby dodging is an issue I agree but there are many reasons contributing to it. We can’t just say you dodge cause you know who it is.
    Another point of view, wouldn’t it be fair to have a choice who you gonna play with. It is for entertainment in the end. And this current state killers have this privilege and survivors don’t. 

What if we don't give any privilege to any side?

It seems to me as common sense honestly.

• antgnstea
    Delfador said:

@antgnstea said:

What if we don't give any privilege to any side?

It seems to me as common sense honestly.

I am completely okay with that too. If one side can not see, the other shouldn’t either. 
  • Tsulan

@Mc_Harty said:

@SenzuDuck said:
    Source?

You're awesome!
  • NathanExplosion

@Mc_Harty said:

Oh hey @Giche . How'd you're crusade against toxicity go? And whats with the alt? :)

I don't know who you are talking about but what a nice name !

Also it seems that toxicity has quite an hard time at the moment, in regards of all those "Lobby simulator/dodging" threads popping everywhere on different forums.

"They can't be toxic if they can't even play the game"

Seems like peoples finally had enought.

• Mc_Harty

@NathanExplosion said:
    Also it seems that toxicity has quite an hard time at the moment, in regards of all those "Lobby simulator/dodging" threads popping everywhere on different forums.

Well, you're here so it seems like toxicity isn't having that hard of a time...

• NathanExplosion

@Mc_Harty said:

@NathanExplosion said:

Well, you're here so it seems like toxicity isn't having that hard of a time...

I knew you more subtle than this.

Are you angry ?

• Mc_Harty

@NathanExplosion said:
    I knew you more subtle than this.

Are you angry ?

Just pointing out the obvious.

• NathanExplosion

@Mc_Harty said:

Just pointing out the obvious.

Of course.

• NathanExplosion

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@Peanits said:

I couldn't have said it better.

For your last statement, i think this :

...could be useful to you in a near future.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

@Warlock_2020 said:

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@Peanits said:

Can you link your channel? I'd love to watch your videos and see what you do different. I mean if you can analyze his playstyle to such a degree and judge it poorly you must be one of the best.

That may be the dumbest response yet. You think that one has to be better than someone to analyze skill? You can't sit back and watch several players and analyze which are good and which are not?

I guess we should all hold our opinions on sports, movies, music, etc to ourselves unless we can do it better?

Nice try. The is nowhere near the skill of the others you mentioned.  Should have used Zubatlel instead.
  • RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    I need to see the names of the survivors to know when the game starts which one of the survivors is the obsesion.
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    I would rather Killer lose the ability to see Survivor names before the match starts than Survivors gain that ability.
  • Dead_by_David
    Dead_by_David Member Posts: 270

I do not think survivors should see the killers anything, part of the fun is the gambling with perks and trying to win when the killer is countering your play style. I like the games that force me to adapt and are not a just bring these perks to win.

• antgnstea

I do not think survivors should see the killers anything, part of the fun is the gambling with perks and trying to win when the killer is countering your play style. I like the games that force me to adapt and are not a just bring these perks to win.

And they put which perks they’re running in their name, right?
  • Seanzu

@Mc_Harty said:

@SenzuDuck said:
    Source?

Except MLGA has never had a feature like this, lmao.

I found the thread and the dude that made that comment is clearly trolling. He talks about special MLGA adding like “SewerNewbs” that avoids players with low hours.

trust you guys to fall for a troll, use it as proof & try to mock survivors too.
  • Seanzu
    edited February 2019

@SenzuDuck said:

I found the thread and the dude that made that comment is clearly trolling. He talks about special MLGA adding like “SewerNewbs” that avoids players with low hours.

trust you guys to fall for a troll, use it as proof & try to mock survivors too.

When you can't counter any arguments you proceed to blatantly lie, in hope peoples has forgot it or weren't even there at this moment.

I'm not surprised tho.

Or you could read the rest of the thread where he talks about MLGA ”addons” that I can’t find on google at all.
    Just seems weird to me that theres no guide, or websites or anything with these so called master lists on them, or any of these addons existing anywhere... almost as if... they don't exist.

ill happily link anyone to the thread via a private message so they can confirm. Unlike you I have no issue with proving something...

still waiting for you to link to all those comments of me lying.

you just dismiss everything without evidence and then call me the liar it’s hilarious.
  • Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited February 2019

Yes Warlock I do in fact think that the couch jockey should avoid labeling the absolute worst player in the professional sports league bad. Being the worst of the best is still better than the rest of the lethargic masses by magnitudes.
    Whether Tyde is better than the others or not he is still far beyond most of the general community. Tyde hits rank 1 survivor or killer whenever he cares too.
    Your singling out of him came off as more political and grudge based. You could have simply gave your own list. While I do not know Tyde personally I have joined his Twitch and follow his YouTube videos and I'm not going to go along with him being smacked on and not give a counter.

• Tsulan
    SenzuDuck said:

@Mc_Harty said:

@SenzuDuck said:
    Source?

Uhm...
    Proof?
  • Seanzu
    edited February 2019

@Tsulan said:
    SenzuDuck said:

NathanExplosion said:

@Mc_Harty said:

@SenzuDuck said:

Source?

Uhm...
    Proof?

SenzuDuck#0001

That's my discord name, you can private message me and I'll link you the thread happily.

Actually, here you go.

He has since changed his profile picture and probably name.
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/1480982338958106544/?ctp=2

I'd love to give you proof of "SewerNewbs" but of course it doesn't exist anywhere on google except for where this dude has typed it

Wow, a magical block list that no one on the internet except this guy has mentioned? SeemsAboutTroll

• SailedSavage
    SailedSavage Member Posts: 280
    edited February 2019
    I have a list of killers who disconnect regularly during matches just because they got out played, causing me to lose good offerings and occasionally eq when the game decides to be an @ss. If I saw they were who I was playing against you bet your butt I would dodge the lobby. Don't like to waste my time and effort on a baby. Same goes with survivors who DC on their first down and screw their team over. Ain't nobody got time for that.